Non Chain Healers

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by echooo, Jul 9, 2018.

1. echooo Member

When will Non Defilers/Mystic healers become viable? It's basically impossible to heal T1/T2 Experts as a non chain healer because most mobs have a perma DOT that hits for 100 million each tick. How is a druid or a Cleric to deal with this?
  2. Ellimist Active Member

I don't know how non chain healers deal with it as I play a mystic but the healer I been running with for daily coins on my wizzy is a warden so they are most certainly viable.
  3. knine Well-Known Member

I’ve seen many other healers so it. Pop your expert potion and I bet you deal with it with no problem. Those are the stats there are shooting for in those zones. Yes the damage reduction helps but they want you to have 110k pot, over 5k CB, etc. We are playing their vision of the game and dealing with their passions so it is what it is. :)
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

depends the fight

heroic --> any healer is viable

raid --> some fights have low inc damage, some have high inc damage
  5. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Since you said experts I assume you are referring to heroics.

I've seen every healer class solo heal expert heroics. Some have an easier time doing it but they are all capable.

Inq can be pretty rough depending on the zone but honestly the rest I haven't had issues with. Even pugged with a couple of Inqs that made it look easy and they are by far the priest least equipped for surviving "100mil hits".

Even when I run pugs it is seldom a shaman healing them and we get through them just fine.

Granted there are exceptions but generally speaking that is the player not the class.

All that being said, what non raid zone has 100mil pulse hits that isn't a fail condition on a script?
    Mindsway likes this.
  6. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I actually find heroics far easier to heal with my warden than I do with my mystic. The problem is damage that ignores wards and spikes heavily on the group, once I've used up Ancestral Channeling and Totemic Protection then I only have our awful group heal for them. At least defilers have Nightmares and Maelstrom to help keep group alive.

On my warden I just spam group regens, and unless they're out of range and/or have really low HP I have no issues keeping them alive. On top of that, warden elemental ward helps with most AE's that I see in heroics.

Raids are another story, some of those AE's require wards or the group gets one-shot.
    Earar likes this.
  7. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Raids are another issue. Being able to solo heal raids on a non warder actually has a lot more to do with the raids DPS than it should. This is due to the fact that almost every raid right has ramping pulse damage so the longer it takes the higher it gets.

However, since he said experts I assumed he was referring to heroics.

As for mystics and non wardable damage in heroics the only zone I hate is expert monolith phoenix after hitting the fail condition. Obviously could entirely avoid the issue by doing the script but meh. Who wants to do that slow script.

My advice on handling non wardable damage in heroics would be:
    Barrage Hits > Get an ACT trigger for when it's about to hit and save torpor to cast on the warning call. All the NPC's outside of Torden say something like 'looking for their most hated' or 'targets their most hates' about five seconds before it lands.

Any group wide non wardable damage > Most group damage isn't 100% unwardable. Couple cases of ~70-80% unwardable.

Ancestral Channeling ->Totemic -> Spirit Tap -> Emergency group ward (if you haven't managed to reset channeling via normal means already) -> Ancestral Channeling -> Totemic.

That rotation will easily cover 2.5-3mins. Longer depending on how much breather you put between them. Just do NOT overlap them and waste the heals.

If the damage isn't too bad throw in a round of group heals between each of them. Also make sure you're still keeping up your regular ward stacking. If it's not dead by then tell the DPS to stop slacking off=P

P.S. Get symphony of the void if you are a mystic and cancel troub harmonization if you are grouped with one! Makes your life much easier.
    Mindsway likes this.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I've solo healed everything expert except expert monolith on a fury, (because no one does expert monolith! but I sure would try, and don't think I'd have any issues with it, pending group setup.) Winds was a tough fight as well, and required almost 70mil hps. Comes down to knowing what my skills do and when to cast them. Definitely, definitely, upgrade your stuff as much as possible. Check around to other healers you can find that can solo heal. See what they're doing. Chain heals, damage reductions, and cures on a fury are fantastic. I never lack for cures. I've solo healed a few raid groups, but only on select fights. I think many of them are set to need two healers now, if for nothing more than the sheer amount curing that has to be done. As another has already stated, unless they're out of range, or under-geared, usually, minus an occasional snafu, I don't have any issues.
  9. Daelini Active Member

Same here as Mercy said. I have issues in Winds on a Channeler but the rest...as long as the tank isn't braindead, I rarely have much of an issue....almost a snoozefest
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I solo heal experts on my warden. If people are being hit for 100m from the dots, they're either under-resolve and/or under geared.
    There are fights that I've seen periodic spikes over 80m, but none that hit for 100m each tick
  11. Beast Member

I solo heal experts daily on my Inq. Tordon is a pain the in the butt and gives me troubles at times, but the other zones aren't really an issue. The last guy in masks is lights out if the mages aren't dispelling etc, but that's mechanics being failed .

Edit: It is definitely tougher for clerics to heal through the new zones than shamans from what I have heard and seen.
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

as a warden I found expert gears way harder to solo heal.
    Mercychalice and Mermut like this.
  13. echooo Member

Its easy with expert potion. Because it makes my 1 ward stronger. My heals already fully heal
  14. echooo Member

I tried on my warden. Couldnt get past the first boss.
    Try expert gears.
  15. echooo Member

Try expert gears. First boss has a 110m dmg DOT that breaks through Wards.
  16. echooo Member

Couldnt make it 20 seconds into the first boss.
  17. Earar Well-Known Member

Gears is hard ... need big HP pool
  18. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

To me, the first boss in Gears isn't an issue. The second one is though; if I have weenie characters in my group, or ones who refuse to get out of the laser beam's path, I'm not going to keep them up. The pulse damage off that guy is incredibly hard hitting.
  19. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Yeah that laser beam (laser cone? mmm cones...) is a fail condition and I'm fairly certain it can't be healed through. Could be wrong, though.
  20. Droll Active Member

Stop resing whoever gets nailed on first boss in gears. He's just gonna die again.

It's like part of his script... his "trick". He kills someone, and they die, over and over. The more times he dies, the worse the fight gets. If you ignore that dead person the fight is cake. Me on my ranger, and a necro duo'd it because the Inq was the one he picked. And the other people just werent geared enough (niether was I but i had my potion active and Scaled protection is Boss!)

Once people stoped dieing, the necro solo healed it.