Tinkerfest Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We just had a bug in Antonica with ... more than a full group.
    We killed the first pillar, than half moved clockwise and half counter-clock-wise and we finished on last pillar. The person with the target wasn't near the mob, so we waited for it to switch and boom, got sent in the air and the PQ ended (we had the chest and rewards).
    My previous round in CL had 5 rounds of pillars so something is buggy.

Pillars wee killed fast but not too fast imo.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Yepyep ... Bhoughbh didn't like the look of all the 100+ folks (several 110s, a 105 and a 102), apparently, and decided to flee as soon as the pillars were down. The pillars were fast to kill, which wouldn't have been bad if there was more than one round, but with Bhoughbh throwing in the towel so early, it was over too quickly.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Commonlands: for the pillars and Bhoughbh, we had 6 characters (one of whom was being kited by me). Two level 102s (one of them kited) and 4 level 110s. We had a single round of pillars, then Bhoughbh did his pillar talk, then he zapped us once ... and gave up. No multiple rounds of pillars. No beating on him, really. We were just done (We got the reward)
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

5. Lera Well-Known Member

Probably too late for this year, but for next year could we get a tile that matches the Illuminated Port Plate, but without the light? Just the grey background, so it'll match between the lights.
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

While thinking of things for next year, can there be a gold-ish type blocks set like the spoked velium gears as well.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen, yes! :)

It's possible the Impacted Metal might get close, but it still doesn't look right, I think. :-/

There's the Burnished Metal set (only available on the Marketplace; curse you, devs [except for Kaitheel, of course]! :( Why not have the merchants sell it, and have it be on the Marketplace the rest of the year, like City Festival building blocks?), but that wouldn't look right, either. :-/

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whoops! Missed this one...yeah, please! More utensils for the other holidays, and more tea sets for them all! The Frostfell and Erollisi ones are fine, but there's something missing for the rest of 'em. The Nights of the Dead set could be black metal, with maybe orange-flavored/-colored sugar cubes and icky-looking purple or green dyed cream (and that's another thing: we don't have creamers for the tea sets! :eek: Quite the omission, my dears; simply isn't done... :-/). The Bristlebane set could look like the set from Disney's Alice in Wonderland tea party, but not so much that we get sued. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I don't want to derail this too much more, but I was thinking a pumpkin tea set (with the pot looking like a pumpkin, vines for handle and spout, etc) would be neat. There are lots of examples on google of similar stuff. :D

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. Whilhelmina got the full number of pillar rounds for her 2-box "solo" run of the Tinkerfest PQ, which further solidifies my theory that it isn't yet properly scaled for a full group (or more) of level 100+ folks, and we're just too deadly for him.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno; I kind of like the idea of one- or two-shotting things, but yeah, if the baddie runs away with his tail between his legs, or gives up on 0-shotting, that's not what folks are there for. ;->

Uwk
  11. Chrol Developer

The Tinkerfest PQ level has been set to 110 and I upped the hitpoints on the pillars. Hopefully this will prevent it from ending early. Thanks again for testing!
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thanks for the speedy fix. Is this already on Test, or are we waiting on a patch for it?

Also, are there any plans to upgrade the PQ loot at all? (It gives level 100 drops from the Obulus PQ, since that was the level cap at the time.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

It didn't patch before I logged so it's probably not in yet.

Ditto on the loot.
  14. Kaitheel Developer

I've also made a few changes based on the feedback from over the weekend:
    • Coiled Fligger Prototype - Can now be scaled even smaller.
    • Ornate Gold Gear - Can now be scaled even smaller.
    • Intricate Vertical Gold Gear - Can now be scaled even smaller.
    • We Can Rebuild - A Dream of Clockwork zone now properly scales above level 101.
    • Tinker Bound History - The Papernado now spawns at higher tiers for players above level 100.
    I don't know when these changes will make it to Test, but I'll try to keep you informed as to when they get there!

~ Kaitheel
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Correct. Clockworks within "Admin Level Access" do not give XP. I did find that they were not using any scaling buff package, previously. Which is odd. So I did add one to them. They should be stronger, though they should still be easy to defeat due to the Superuser Access buff on the player in this zone. This change should be tested by lower level range players, too, when it hits Test!

~ Kaitheel
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

@Uwk … why not an orange teapot set for NoTD with black sugar cubes with spiders on them and cream a creepy lime green or purple, maybe with flies in it?

What will changing this PQ to 110 do to the lower than level 100 that show up to participate?

I played around testing tinkering the recipes and the quests and there were no issues that I found.
  17. Chrol Developer

The only thing that should be noticeable to anyone based on their level is the length of time it takes to take down the pillars, as their HP was increased. But you do get a stacking buff that increases your offensive stats the longer you're attacking the pillar that helps speed up the process if you're short players (short as in number of players, not short as in gnomes/halflings, or maybe that too...).

For the first stage, where you take control of a clockwork, you have clockwork-specific abilities given to you that inflict the same percent-based damage regardless of your level, and all enemy combatant damage is percent-based.

Really, the only thing I hope you notice is Bhoughbh actually sticking around for more than 5 minutes!
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OH! That's what that was! I was always wondering, ever since I started doing that quest in Tinkerfest long, long ago, why it was that every time I zoned in, I'd better throw on a Stealth/Invisibility effect immediately, because my hit points were registering in the yellow->orange range, took forever to come back to the green, and I didn't want any of the aggro white ^^ to notice me at all when I was in the less-than-optimum state. I've always just wanted to get to the Geargobbler, have a chat, then Stealth/Invis again to get out safely. :-/

Question: would those clockworks count as kills for the Daily Loyalty needs?

Uwk
  19. Kaitheel Developer

Hmmm, I don't think so. It is my understanding that only mobs that grant XP count towards it.

~ Kaitheel
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Makes sense; only green level and above do as well...you can kill truckloads of greys and never get any credit for them. /nod

Uwk