POP PQ, to few people doing it now

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Patrik D, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Patrik D New Member

To few players are doing the PQ now so its impossible to get the Planar Quintessence coins to get the bracelet.
    Is it possible to make those purchasable by another currency, please? Pretty please..

I started playing late in to this expansion about an month before GU106 and it was always players in the PQ on Skyfire.
    After 106 went live i have gotten 30/50 coins needed, i check 2 times per day at 18:00 and 21:00 CEST and it is usually between 1 to 10 players.
    Thats for my main, i got my alt after that :*(
    It is only Disease that is doable with 10players or below.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Participation had already been dropping, but then they changed the way heals worked in PQs... and participation dropped even further. I'd suggest focusing on the Hate PQ as it is the least dependent on combat.
    Kheldar and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  3. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

On AB, the last 3 or 4 times I went into a PQ, there either was no one there or too few people. It's been disappointing. I thought maybe it was just due to AB's suffering population.
    Kheldar likes this.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The change to heals made it not worth even trying. My guild was doing them every three hours for coins, but now no one does them because of the heal change.
    Kheldar likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've had no problem on Maj'Dul getting a full PQ in the evenings and on weekends, when lots of people are logged in. We barely filled SoH yesterday mid day.

I think the problem is that most people are running instances for ethereal coins, not anything else.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  6. Kander Developer

We'll be looking at some of the issues with PQs and most likely be adding some new stuff with GU 107.

The AFK play will definitely be a focus.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It does get old in SoH, seeing someone staring into a corner, Blair Witch style, doing Not. A. Dang. Thing. While I'm harvesting my tuchis off.
    Surgeon likes this.
  8. Breta Well-Known Member

There are couple of problems with PQs in PoP

1) they are instanced and the player limit is rather small - if lag was the main concern why not put them into old open world zones

2) strats are rather "complicated" in comparison with older PQs and harder to execute when attendace is low - PQs were always view as great and shortish hack n'slah time everyone could participate in

3) every darn PQ takes forever to finish and is imo boring as hell (save for SoH) - with 10 mins waiting period we're looking at 45+ mins on average depeding on attendance.

4) rewards - after you get your wrist there is not much reason to waste so much time in hope of good RNG for atrributes crate etc, It's good this is being addressed

Speaking for myself I definately enjoyed the old hack n'slah open world PQ concept that didn't take forever to finish more.
    Sogapa, Kheldar, ConcealFate and 4 others like this.
  9. Patrik D New Member

I fully agree Breta.

There are maybe 1-8 in each zone nowadays and a few is afk.
    Its not doable anymore, i have checked 2-3 times aday for a week and not a single zone could be finished.

Please sell or make an exchange so that planar quintessence could be bought for tears, ethereal coins or some currency.
    Sucks when such a good bracelet is unattainable.
  10. semisus Does not play this game

Today , hate pq and theres 3 people in here on AB
    Put in new rewards or something that makes ppl wanna run em , ruining healing doesnt help
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  11. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

There is nothing that can make me doing them (well a krono per pq actually might :) ), especially after healing changes. A pure waste of 40-50 minutes.
    p.s It seems that being boring +waste of time+too much grind is the main reason for people ignoring different types of content since the previous expansion. The main feature of the content, I'd say. PG,PQ, Familiars and now Etherials belong to this category of content.
    Kheldar and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  12. Surgeon Active Member

PQs are a bad idea in EQ2 always have been. They're all boring and especially post ToT too time consuming.
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

I was wondering if Dr Arcana was always a liar or its just recent ? I hail him and he says what PQ it supposed to be right ? Or I'm doing something wrong ? Because he is not always right. So wondering if this is on purpose ?
    Thanks
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can only speak for yourself. EQ2 supports a wide variety of playstyles. If you don't enjoy PQs, don't do them.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The closer you are to the time of the PQ, the better his predictions seem to be. But if you search the forums for Dr. Arcana mentions, you will find that this has been reported before (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/randomize-public-quests.584310).

Chrol was working on the issue, so if you continue to see the problem, drop him a PM and let him know, with as much info as possible about when and what exactly Arcana said.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

The order 'resets' at 6pm pacific time.. I'm guessing most of the 'incorrect' predictions are around that time?
  17. Dalmas New Member

The best bracelet as far as i know is an reward, but when you have it its no reason to do it i guess.
    So maybe something that gives people a reason to do it over and over is an good idea.
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

Greater shards!
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Those don't drop in PoP PQs do they? I thought they were only in KA ones.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

You're correct. Only PQs that have a chance at greater shards are KA ones.