Water pours, jets, etc - /poke Kaitheel

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Mirt, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Mirt Well-Known Member

It would be great to be able to create our own water fountains, water features, rivers, streams, etc IF only we had housing items such as water pours, water jets, water "upshoots", etc. So, instead of a water pour being attached to a pre-made fountain, it would be it's own separate house item.

Any questions as to what I mean, and I can explain more. I've suggested this in the homeshow channel in game, and lots of people responded of how cool it would be. Thanks
    draidean, Nella, Ocarinah and 4 others like this.
  2. Mirt Well-Known Member

another one...waterfalls
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Excellent ideas. That would make some of the things I've done in the past much easier. Just use the water item rather than trying to nestle a fountain somewhere so the fountain part was mostly hidden.
  4. Simparri Active Member

If you can find an item that sends a water jet up you can try positioning it roughly where you want it. Then using the housing item window lowering it & tilting it below the item you want the jet to come out of, basically below the floor. It wouldn't give you all but it could work for a few ideas. A waterfall would definitely be cool if you could direct the water flow.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I love that also!
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Geysers/waterspouts. Give us those, with a little, er, sphincter thingee, perhaps, like they have in Steamfont (sorry, but that's what those remind me of ;->), if the Art Dept. really needs a "frame" of some sort still. That's a lot less to have to hide, and if the steam particle effect is replaced with a "pour" or "water jet" effect, there you go. :)

Speaking of frames, I think waterfall effects would also be a lot easier if the silly GIANT, HUGE, MEGA-FLAMING TOP were taken off the Tapestry of the Steam Lord, with just the wooden bars left for the "frame." The whole reason to put a flaming light at the top of a tapestry is to be able to see the design better (with the flame at the top, so it doesn't catch on fire ;->), but there isn't one for a sheet of water. ;)

Either that, or maybe a new item that does something similar (i.e., that we can walk through) but without the ridiculous top bit. :-/

Uwk
    draidean, Nella and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know soon our decorating abilities will be as complicated as in Landmark, we had emitters in that game that gave us different effects like waterfalls , smoke or my personal favorite squids.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw! We must've given up on it too soon before seeing those; those sound cool! :)

But that idiotic rental system...if that had continued into the actual release, we still wouldn't've stayed. :(

Uwk
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

No the game was released Uwket , so were the emitters.
    What killed Landmark was that the game was ahead of what can be run in a cost affective way , it was just to expensive.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Neko Zero does have this player-studio item called "Elven Bath House Fountain" that is easier to hide but would love to have an item with even smaller thing water spouts out of for maximum hiding potential. Something craftable because I spent too much on marketplace already and haven't won the dang powerball yet!!! :rolleyes:
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! :D

Well, hmm; we do have those new holidays coming up, and I've been nagging/begging/pleading/etc. for actual recipes for them (even though we don't get recipes for Heroes' Festival, I can think of a good many water- or fire-related possible items ;->)...

Having related rewards from repeatable quests (say, every hour, or even every 18 hours or so) that could be Brokerable would be cool, too, if there's no time this year to develop recipes for them. :)

Uwk
    Nella likes this.
  12. Mirt Well-Known Member

Oceansfull is the perfect time for water pours, waterfalls, water "upshoots", etc. come on DEVS
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes yes yes! +1000! :D

Also: when are we gonna get the chance to Test this new event? :)

Uwk
  14. Nella Member

I also love the idea of having stand alone water items like water pours, water jets and especially waterfalls! Another type of item I would really like to see added is swimmable water blocks of varying sizes and shapes ...rectangular, square, oval, round. And would want them to have a nice range of scale ...from very small, so that it could fit in a sink, to as big as a swimming pool.

One of the first things that impressed me about EQ2 was the artwork and especially how beautifully water is rendered in this game. To be able to add more lovely water features to our houses would be so incredibly fantastic! Please consider adding these type of items :)

- Nella
    draidean and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Great minds think alike; I (and others) have been clamoring for such things for quite awhile now. :)

It's not enough to merely be able to risk drowning in one's backyard in a prestige house water feature; dang it, we want to be able to risk drowning in a column or block, etc. in the comfort of our own home! :D

Uwk
    Nella likes this.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you just have to wait till computer technology advances to get all that, than we will get water building blocks you can swim in .
    Maybe we could even build a water elevator like in Landmark.
    And big kitty friend at the end when Landmark was released, it was as simple as logging on to your account to keep your claim and the more often you logged on the longer you were able to stay of.
    I think it was 60 or even 90 days at the end.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...now they tell us. :(

If they'd, y'know, ADVERTISED IT as the "next Minecraft, with better than 8 bit technology," they might've had more customers. :-/

Water elevator? :)

Uwk
    Finora and Simparri like this.
  18. Nella Member

Well if they can't do "swimmable" water blocks, would still be nice if they'd give us large water tiles of varying shapes, like the watery platform from MLE minus the border. I really like using watery platform but its always aggravating trying to hide the large thick border on it, is also limiting. Just really want more stand alone water items, no frames or borders, that are easier to work with.

-Nella
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there are 2 kinds of water tiles in game , the simple kind , and the sparkling water tile.
    You can get both water tiles during Moonlight Enchantment.
    yes water elevators were building blocks ( voxels) staked on top of another and you could swim up and down
    those columns of water.
  20. Nella Member

I thought what I meant was clear within the context when I used the word "tile" ...yes, there are those two water "tiles" ....what I meant was also having water shapes like the "watery platform" minus the border on it.

ps: no thanks to water elevators lol, were things like that in EQ1 ....hated having to move vertically like that ;p