[Wish List] Non-Specific House Items

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well this is non specific , but not a housing idem
    I suggest you rename this entire thread to "Norrathian Home and Fashionshow"
    and have a section just for fashion and other gear wishes.:)
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea! Would probably have to set up something stickied, though. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

I say make them all races, lol. There should be no line drawn. Even humans can be quite monstrous! :D
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Especially in RL, since (as far as we know ;->) there aren't any actual other sentient species here (and if there are, we can't grok their language). ;)

Uwk
  5. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Goat and Sheep (and lamb!) Pets / Plushies, pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty please! :)
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely! We need more ruminants! Glad we finally got pet cows, though... Betsy's a mighty fine heifer, though I think that dude is a little too enamored of her. ;->

Ruminants and chickens! We have turkeys, we have ducks, we need chickens for our farmyards. :)

Uwk
    Karamella, Griffon Lady and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I want a couple of items that work similarly to mannequins, but a little more limited.

(1) Helmet Stands: Basically, just a head-and-neck mannequin which can be placed in a house on a floor, shelf, etc., then have a piece of head gear (helmet, hat, mask, etc) displayed. The image when no head gear is placed in it could be either like a wig head mannequin, or a traditional helmet stand, as shown below.

[IMG]

(2) Shield Mounts: This would be an item that would be placeable on a wall to display a shield. I managed this effect by using mannequins shoved into a false wall, but it was a right PITA to do and I'd love to mount shields elsewhere without the faux wall. The appearance when no shield is stored in it could just be a simple flat wooden plaque.

[IMG]

[IMG]

(3) Weapon Display Mounts: I'd like to be able to display non-house-item weapons, wands, staffs, etc. I'd really like two versions. The first could have an appearance like a hand: when a weapon was stored in it, the hand would hold the weapon.

[IMG] [IMG]

The second could have an appearance like, say, a round wooden plaque on the wall, until a weapon was loaded into it, then it would just display the weapon, which would "stick" to the wall just as house item weapons currently do.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That would be awesome! And it shouldn't add any more "clutter" to our houses that mannequins do. ;->

Uwk
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

I would think it would add even less clutter...less surfaces to render and makes perfect sense...since weapons and shields can already display on mannequins in game, not like they would have to really redraw the weapon or shield appearances. They are already drawn. Would probably cause less lag in game, and maybe then we could even display throwing weapons and fist weapons and idols too...they already have appearances in game, just not visible on mannequins. To be able to add them to a basic small wooden weapon display doesn't seem like it would be too difficult.
  10. Foodcity New Member

I for one, want this Crate from Vasty Deep: Conservatory!
    [IMG]
  11. Febrith Well-Known Member

I also want that whole wall treatment behind it - and the floor!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Mirt Well-Known Member

The 3 screenshots I am showing below would make amazing tiles and building blocks. They are all 3 from Maj'Dul Vacation Suite house.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Thanks
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We already do, I think! It's from one of the Holiday recipe sets, if memory serves; I think from the Erollisi Day set? Lemme peruse www.EQ2Furniture.com and I shall return... ;->

Hmm. Well, there's the Lovingly Crafted Chest; fairly similar:

[IMG]

From the book, Romantic Gifts to Craft VI from Erollisi Day merchants. :)

Granted, it's not the full cubic square I think you were looking for, but I think it's close. I use them for really fancy toilet tanks. ;)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Mirt, I completely agree with you on those three tiles; they're stunning! :D

One of the things I love about Maj'Dul architecture, is their use of color. One of my fave prestige houses is the Personal Planetarium, that looks like a space station if it had been built in the Golden Age of Islam in RL. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Two things I would like:

1) a definite "sun ray" sort of item, that didn't rely on a cloud bank and grassy knoll;

2) a way to shut/toggle OFF, in Options, the "you can't do anything about them, they'll go right through 'solid' stone and metal, ha-ha" sun's rays in Qeynos, like we can with Flora and Specular Lighting for the rain. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Miragian Well-Known Member

I would love to see a way to get the "Vahla Kiln" it's apparently already a treasured item. Don't care if you can't use it to craft anything though I'd want the animation for the flame to stay.

I'd post a screenshot but I'm not certain where my game threw the one I took so I'll edit this later with it added.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am using cow as a unisex term here even though cow would normally denote a female.

We need a pure black cow. My grandfather had 400 head of Black Angus show cattle and I would love a black cow that I could name Princess. She was the matriarch of the herd and the other cows would do what she did. If she went out to the far corner of the pasture, they followed, when she came back in, they followed. Cows are a matriarchal society and are quite intelligent. All we had to do was call her name and she would start making her way from the far corner of the pasture back to the area where the troughs were and she would bring all the other cows with her. We never had more than one bull at a time and he was always kept separate from the cows as no cow was ever allowed to birth two consecutive times and no inbreeding was allowed, everything was written down in a ledger so the family trees were known and no inbreeding occurred.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. Definitely pretty much the only way to do it in captivity (with wild herds, usually there's a change in "mastery" by the time the "herd master's" daughters get old enough to breed with him), and in nature, a lot of herd animals are that way, too; the big, bad, boss boy is usually just around for breeding purposes and keeping the herd safe from other males and predators, whereas it's usually the lead female who makes a lot of the day-in/day-out decisions and does a lot of the leading. :)

Uwk
  19. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Cows are amazingly similar to lions.

I would also like geese and chickens and pigs, we already have ducks from Frostfell and some people could make their duck mounts into a house item so I think those are well covered already.

I would love varmints too. Some platypus, porcupine, beaver, raccoon, possum. Some weasels too, ferrets, mongoose, etc.

Ooooh, didn't tell you Uwk, here, where I live, which should by no means see a raccoon, ever, there has been a raccoon visiting me for about 6 weeks now. The spousal unit thought I had lost my mind and was just seeing a large cat until it sauntered up the walkway right towards us at about 2 am and it got close enough so that it was in the light from the porch and could be plainly seen. Last night we stood and watched it eat all the cat food that was put out for the neighbors 3 cats that they claim are strays but have been between their house and this one for more than 10 years which is how long they have had the 4th cat from that same litter. It would stare at us and use its little hands to grab around for some kibble, if it couldn't find any it would stick its face in the bowl and get a mouthful and then use its little hands and grab a bunch more then look at us as if to say "I will just have a few more if you don't mind". He made a right mess but cleaned it all up, even moved the bowl to get the kibbles that rolled under there and then got a drink before walking away. He was only about 25 feet away and I went and refilled the bowl, he stopped and turned around and gave me the look like YAY there is more.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Brazen li'l thief...am I the only one worried that they have opposable thumbs?? :eek:

And yeah, we definitely need more critters! Heck, if we got platypuses (platypodes?), we'd probably get my hubby playing. ;->

Uwk