Training Dummies/Guild Hall

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Hello, my name is Birds.

So it's getting a bit old killing random mobs to try and make an efficiency spreadsheet or log onto live to find all of my skills on TLE have different damage spreads making it basically impossible to make one.

Is there any chance we can get training dummies or finally get guild halls, it is RoK.

Thank you,
    Love Birds.
    Atan likes this.
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Hi Birds, this is Dumbdumb.

Thats actually a pretty good idea.

Thank you,
    Love Dumbdumb.
  3. Caul Shivers Active Member

I wouldn't hold my breath, we only got them in SF on Stormhold (or maybe 2nd half of TSO? but I think SF)

Either way, gonna be a while.
  4. Zendi New Member

Wasn't that after the population effectively died off?
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Can we get a vote on guild halls? Something, it's kind of annoying not having one
  6. Zendi New Member

I know at least one of the devs doesn't like them. And people seem to think having people running around the cities is worth the inconvenience. Personally, I am all for guild halls, the sooner the better.
  7. Malachy Well-Known Member

Or you can be absurd and never complete the "Building a Better Dummy, Part 2" quest that allows you to make training dummies. After you make them, you have to place them in a very specific spot in steamfont, but you can use them (no trade). I did it on my provisioner since I don't need adv recipes for 30s so I can use them to practice on.

If you ever complete the quest, the recipe disappears.

I'm actually surprised they haven't added training dummies as something only available for daybreak cash as in house items like they did for harvesting depots.
    Simparri likes this.
  8. Lillaanya New Member

Pretty certain guild halls came with SF not ROK
  9. Lillaanya New Member

I take that back. It was just barely before TSO, not SF
  10. Zendi New Member

Actually, they came out in October 2008, before TSO. So the time is about right.
  11. Caul Shivers Active Member

Honestly, that doesn't matter.
    Comparing stuff to live from 10 years ago doesn't mean much - to see where we are on FG, just compare stuff to SH.
  12. Zendi New Member

Nothing matters. The devs can do whatever they want or not.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Still waiting for a response, PM'd/emailed devs and still haven't gotten a answer. Roxxly?
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In Kunzar Jungle at the Tabernacle of Pain are some pretty impervious training walls (-120, -60, 126) and hardened clay vases all about. These are what we used for figuring out casting order before guild hall dummies were a thing.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Used to work, but now even priests one shot the urns and a wall may last less than 5-10 seconds for a high damage class.
  16. Malachy Well-Known Member

You know, the business analyst in me wants to assume there was a business decision made about this.

On one hand there is the huge potential of adding items that are amenities in guildhalls that come at no additional cost to the players, to the marketplace. Items such as training dummies, depots, hirelings (or items with the same effects) for porting, writs, rush orders, etc. And then weighing this against how much $ it would cost to create this conversion of amenities. I think it's fair to conclude moving these amenities to player housing marketplace is far more lucrative than just adding guild halls, and certainly a smarter choice than doing nothing at all.

But on the other hand there is the aspect of meeting long-term goals. This is where it can get a little speculative.

Instead of a wall of text with crazy theories of logic being used to justify non-action, I'll just say this:

History has shown that DBC abandoned those on Stormhold the moment they announced attempt 2. And, strangely, many on Stormhold, just started all over in Fallen Gate and have probably spent even more money than they did on attempt 1. So...is attempt 3 already underway and this is just a new way to keep milking the veterans, the most loyal core, dry until their anger surpasses their addiction and they retaliate by quitting entirely or making progression guilds on live for free? Or is DBC not even paying attention to the issues that are fairly quickly taking a toll on the server population such as simple amenities, terrible itemization, XP issues and the like with each xpac release?

/shrug
    Kalika likes this.
  17. Malachy Well-Known Member

In other words, the only logic remains is that either they have already closed the door on investing in FG (and the player base there - focusing on attempt #3 at a progression server), or they really are incapable of making sound business judgments.
  18. Kalika Well-Known Member

I have a similar conspiracy theory, a new tle generates ton of sales (deposit, house, rush to 50) ... and they killed Stormhold on purpose this is crystal clear. But for fallen gate i have some doubts, if they do it again we may simply quit for good.

So it may be an evil plan or simply lack of human resources. The XP rate issue is a strong argument for the conspiracy, simply because changing it take 5minutes, so we may conclude that they want population attrition, but it may also be the case that they don' t understand anything anymore.

We will be able to conclude quite soon, if xp rate remain as it is for a month it will be clear that the fateof FG will be the same as SH and that TLE 3 is incoming.