Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 25, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The areas I check are Fina's Rest (Icy Fingers), Timorous Deep across from the pirates, and Antonica; I can find all 3 sets of 3 I need, but the recharge rate is abysmal, yeah. Postage stuff once a month in a whole city is one thing, but these don't show in goodly numbers at all, and "denuding" an area = collecting 4-5 (with duplicates, kept for alts, or passed over if someone else is there) and the recharge isn't fast enough, then anyone new to the quest coming in won't have any idea where to look for them in the first place. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I repeatedly stated I am talking about problems on Stormhold and that is a TLS
    On Stormhold we can only access 5 zones and the areas within.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Berks New Member

Opened 70+ clams in GD (icy fingers) and can't get the Wise Othmir Illusion. Gonna try another zone if I don't find it before 100.
  4. Akella New Member

There is a second area? Since the area by the dock really only has one shiny, there are literally fights breaking out there! Can you tell me where the other area is? Thanks so much!
  5. Solzak Member

Yeah.. I'm a bit disappointed with this "Festival". No quests, no events... can't believe no one even thought of a timed 'catch the fish' kind of runabout tourney like other festivals have. Or how about a fish basket race.. with snowballs to slow you down? Let player thrown snowballs work, too! (Yes, I AM one of those who stocks up so I can throw them at you in July.. :) )
  6. Berks New Member

I'm confused...there's shinies for this event? In addition to the clams?
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

/sigh
    YES, there are indeed all sorts of other zones involved with this! :D Please, Denmum has worked so hard on her write-up for this, please read her thread in the Norrathian Homeshow forum and on EQ2Traders.com. It's a wonderful write-up, and unlike the really, really vague in-game mail (Uwkete glares at Kaitheel, or whoever wrote it), it's chock full of details about the holiday! :)

But in the interest of saving time:

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q421&menustr=060000000000

Enjoy reading! She hasn't done a story write-up with characters, but it's still very useful, and "a good 'un!" :)

EDIT: Ah! Apparently, there's a new Official Notice(TM) on the login screen, over to the right: The Waves Are Calling... Oceansfull Festival Has Begun! And yep, it seems to have as much detail, or at least some, as Denmum's write-up -- well, at least the list of locations. ;) What it doesn't mention is that with the collectibles, there are sets of three in various locations to get, like Brews with Brell Day, or Petals with Erollisi Day, for nine total. :)

Uwk
    Alyndrys, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how much time they had to work on this, what with still bug wrangling for the expac. I do know they were muttering about it for quite awhile even before it showed on Test. :)

Hopefully, it will be more involved next year, what with all the suggestions and feedback we're offering here! :D

Uwk
    who'd truly love to have crafting recipes next year, for clothing, house items, food/drink, etc.
    Alyndrys and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK/BUG: Please, for those of us relying on items like the Gnomish Divining Rod for finding collectibles, can we please get some sense about them? Both versions, the old cruddy ones (which apparently no longer stack) and the new, decent Unlimited ones, now have "cool-downs" of 2 minutes or whatever before you can use them again...even if the old cruddy ones now disappear. >:-/

If you can't take the "cool-down" off the old ones, can you at least make them all Unlimited now? :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, and can we also STOP CONVERTING THE GOOD ONES TO THE CRAPPY OLD ONES WHEN THEY STACK?? :mad:

Uwk
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Akela ,the other area is over by the smugglers landing and on all those rocks in between.
    Berks , yes there is a collection that gives you a nice looking cloak, the shinies are in different zones and or areas
    11areas for the regular server and 5 zones for Fallen Gate. you can find 3 different shinies in some of the zones and 3 other ones in another zone you have to find 9.
    Solzak, have all other festivals started out full blown ? This is only the first year this is on , there are many things that can be added next year.
    Besides that about the same time we got an update (adventure pack ) for the regular server and a expansion for
    Fallen Gate.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

As the little butterfly said, you've got several spawn points in CL on all the little islands:
    /way -1265, -143, -646
    /way -1151, -145, -596
    /way -673, -133, -871
    and up to the pirate ramp : -548, -126, -889 and -516, -144, -943

It's all along the coast, not just on the docks and the ramp from it (one loc on said ramp :-919, -106, -687 )
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which means the old cruddy ones do still stack, they just don't come in "stacks" of 5 at a time any more and thus give warning. :(

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Please, at least for next year (if not sooner ;->), can there be an innocuous little quest (not 87 different steps, not involving instances only level 110s can get into, etc., etc., etc.) where we can get the equivalent of the Rebreather thing that is CLOTH-based (so anyone can wear it) and something like Treasured, so anyone can wear it? Or at the very worst, Heirloom, with the quest being repeatable ever so often? :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm finding that for the characters I have who need to use totems, I'm easily getting the 25 I need for the title within the 15 minute time period, and I generally have several minutes left.

What I have found is that the complaints about the the recast timer of the totems are right on the mark. The recast is EXACTLY the amount of time it takes for you to start drowning. That seems a little sadistic on the part of whoever planned it. For one thing, the recast timer should be based upon when you last cast it, NOT when the previous totem's effect ends, as other totems already do. And you can't recast it early; all you succeed at doing is ending the current otter totem's effect. Once again, that seems a bit sadistic on the part of whoever planned that totem, and is completely different from the way other totems function.

I also don't understand why anyone feels the need to get every item on every character. There are 21 items, and it takes 25 to get the title. So if each of your characters gets the 25 items, on average you should have slightly more than one of each item for each character.

That said, I have found so far sending 20 characters down to get the title, that the illusions are less common than the other items, and the weapons seem a little more common. None of those characters got doubles of either illusion, and several characters got neither illusion in any pull. Yet many of these characters got doubles and even triples of the various house items. That indicates overall that the illusions are less common.

But I have to ask: Does anyone really NEED the illusion on every character? Is anyone really going to use that illusion on every character in their stable? I certainly won't, and since I like how all of my characters look and are dressed, I doubt I would ever use the illusions anyway, and will most likely broker all of them. Plus, even if you want your character to be an othmir, you wouldn't need both of the illusions for that, anyway.

So the scarcity of the illusions compared to the house items is probably OK. As far as I'm concerned, it's just fine this way, because I much prefer house items to illusions. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Twenty-one items? What's the one I'm missing...I've counted 16 house items and four Appearance/Illusion items? Tell, tell! :D

And yeah, I don't feel the need for anything other than the house items; if I get the A/I stuff, I'll keep one of each and send off the rest to my alts further down the line, like with any other extras. :)

Uwk
  17. Juraiya Well-Known Member

21 is what I counted from Naimi's page. There are 23 that she shows, but you can eliminate 2 because she is showing the illusions for both male and female. It COULD be that one is duplicated somehow and I didn't notice; I didn't actually pay attention to the individual items when I counted. (7 rows of 3, then two at the end, equals 23, then subtract two for the illusions.)

I am still going through characters (28 so far, and... you know how many that means I still have to do), so I haven't gathered everything in my shared bank yet. It will be a while before I'm done enough to really look at things. :)
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Close! You missed that there are 2 shots of the bowl, to show the underside as well. 16 house items, 2 appearance items, 2 illusions (each with 2 different looks)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  19. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That explains it! :) No, I hadn't actually looked at the items other than a quick glance. I saw a few items that grabbed my attention immediately and looked at them more closely, but everything else was a quick skim.

Mostly I tend to look at things in-game, so I can rotate them, resize them, and what-not, to see them better. I thought maybe you had done a couple of shots of one of the weapons, which were among the items that didn't particularly attract my eye immediately.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! I wasn't going nuts (well, nuttier...) or blind! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.