Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 25, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What's your toon on Test, Cyrrena? Or is it toons? :)

I've had some better luck rustling up the Bench, though it's almost as rare as the Kelp Fiend (/glaring in general at devs for insisting on rares in the first place; we don't have Vox or The Bazaar any more...). ;->

Dunno about where the prime areas will be on Live, but for me, I've had the most luck in the Fina's Retreat area (Icy Fingers, from the Thurgadin flight master). :)

Uwk
    who needs to get back to Test before too long... ;->
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[BUG] I was running my new level 100 heroic through the harvesting/tradeskill tutorial in Timorous Deep, and the area around the celebrating othmir had ZERO shells anymore. They were there (only half-submerged due to the shallow water) the other day, but tonight they are utterly missing.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the Oceansfull shells, the first day I was doing them in TD there were no shells in the shallow water, I had to swim pretty far out in the deeper waters to the...north I think without logging in and looking, out towards where one of the patchwork crabs spawn during Bristlebane day. There were plenty of them there in the deeper water.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Maybe the drop rate for the bench was improved I just got one on the 4th try in Antonica.
    and another 4 minutes later in Commonlands.
    and another lol:confused: try it now.
    If anything , there are now to many beaches dropping I got 6 within 10 minutes , most in Commonlands
    Maybe that's the Benchlands.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok I just went to Timorous deep and saw no shells in the shallows so I went for a swim in the deeper area
    bye the time I came back up I not only found shinies but also lots of shells sticking out of the water near the Osmiers.

If anything than I think the illusions are the hardest to find.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have 15 on Test now Uwk. I have a Cyrrena there that I usually play the most even though her adventure level would not prove that. =)
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, over half of spawn points in Timorous Deep are in deeper waters. I assure you, they are just as plentiful in this zone as they are in the others, and with the same respawn rate.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tkia like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, I had far better luck with the ones in the abyssal plain by Fina's Rest, and at least, they were all at the same nice broad level. TD had too many ups and downs for me, literally. ;) The only drawback was getting up from there in time if I had to rely on a Totem of the Otter. :-/

Though I do like the ones peeking out of the shallow waters at TD, it seems that the "pearl" where the gifty is seems to be a particle effect? If the pearl was underwater and I wasn't, it didn't show up at all visually for me; I had to rely on the cursor change to see where my loot was. ;->

Uwk
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Ok, I guess I didn't swim out far/deep enough there. I'll give it another go later. I want/need more illusions (they seem to be the rarest, or Bristlebane is toying with me) as the heroic Test 100 I made on the second account wants to stay otter-fied at all times. While the illusion persists through death (yep, intentionally suicided to test it), I want a couple extra in case of dispels and such.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I definitely agree there; the illusions very rarely show, even in a case where I could get like 10 baskets of shells (either type, you name it ;->), 7 Othmir Fishing Stands, etc., etc., etc., and be very lucky to get one illusion. :-/

After the first toon to go clamming, I pretty much shrugged and figured I'd just focus on the 16 house items/pets, rather than bothering with the two Appearance weapons and two illusions. If I get them, I'll rejoice, but if I don't, I'll move on. ;->

Uwk
    of the Multitudinous Horde ;)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woogah...most recent Clammer got 65 Clams opened before he finally got a Kelp Fiend. Way after getting both illusions and several of the Appearance weapons (nine, to be exact [kept two, one of each, for personal use ;->]; most Rusty, the Barnacle seems to be the rare there). :(

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just was reminded about the level 100 heroics and again was tricked by the calendar ,must have missed
    that day of Kindergarten when they taught that lesson
    In the US east coast time zone it sais the even was up till the 7th , but I forgot that it's not the whole day, but only till 3 am.
    I made space for that special toon and than took my time than just fell asleep o well :(.
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

They extended it to midnight tonight. You still have two more hours to make your free heroic.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

thank you, thank you , thank you Lera:):D:):D
    and thanks for sleepless nights or I would have missed this last chance too.
    ok what am I going to make hmm? I am just to exited to think YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP yip , yip.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

We really need a higher span rate ,or more shinnies in Commonlands
    Even with the second area it can become a challenge because this is the only zone that the rare piece spans in.
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

ok, ok, who turned on the rare shiny faucet ?
    I got more broken crowns in 5 minutes than yesterday in 2 hours.
    Don't ever say the people behind programmers ( the powers ) are not listening.
  17. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I got all the items except the kelp fiend thank you , thank you ! For those who are in need of water breathing and find totems risky to use you can always hire Bdorn Alehammer as merc , he will give you water breathing for free :)
  18. Tkia Well-Known Member

You need to find all 4 areas and then the spawn rate seems fine.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Lady Tkia there are 5 zones and only one of those has this group of 3 shinnies Commonlands.
    Commonlands has collectables in 2 groups as in 2 areas, and only after I said something did the span rate pick up.
  20. Tkia Well-Known Member

Are you on the progression server by any chance? This set spawns in 3 different zones in total but 2 won't be on the prgression server yet.

And I was only talking about CL. I found nodes in 4 different places when I was testing what seemed like a broken respawn mechanic. It was fine.
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.