Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 25, 2018.

1. Tkia Well-Known Member

The earring is definitely the best but it can't be used by very low toons and even at level you need a group to get through Nek for the quest. I usually end up soloing it when I've way outlevelled it these days. And I never realised how worthwhile the fish vision is until I took my Channeler out to GD. I'm putting stacks of Turtle totems into the shared bank on my live servers :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hugs! :(

That's one of the biggest issues I had with the TLE servers. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Lera Well-Known Member

This isn't the same item as the old Lodizal plushie. The old one didn't have any animation to it; this one does. Which makes it much less creepy-looking, since he no longer sits there frozen with his mouth open.

I'd still like the old one back (for museum purposes, of course) but the new one is an improvement.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The new one also makes the noises that you hear when you're standing near the real thing in GD. "Hwwwwwwonnnnnnkkkkk .... Bwwwooooooooooop"
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

don't worry Rosy there are easy areas I have done a lot of harvesting of those shells using good old totems of the otter
    you can take time to do the fishbone earring anyway what are your toons names on Fallen Gate I still have little ones there too and we might do some stuff together.

Those heritage quests are not supposed to be easy after all you get a very nice price at the end ,
    I do sometimes wonder though too when I have to go to 2 or 3 raid zones to get my quest finished.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

My toons are Anatolya (Ratonga Troub - named after Anatole the cheese-tasting mouse) and LaPurrla (Kerra Fury - named after a favorite Hispanic grocery)... they are in Fallen Knights guild.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can easily understand "not quite easy at all" (Dwarven Ring Mail clatters to mind ;->), but I still don't understand why we need to do 4-5 quests in Nektropos Castle (which you can only love if you've taken lots and lots of hallucinogens, I think) just to be able to talk to/kill the guy. Do research in the Library. Talk to someone lower-ranked that you can access. Whatever. It's one of only several steps required for the Heritage, so why not only require 1-2 previous quests for it? :-/

I still think Nek was the special favorite pet dungeon of someone highly placed back in the old days. ;->

Uwk
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I liked the old Nek with more quests in it than there is now. But I have always detested the architecture in there, after about 5 minutes I am seeing things, I am always running into walls and getting stuck in a dead end with the hilly floor. I am old, I miss all of the quests they deleted in almost every zone, I walk by something and think, there used to be a quest there, but no quest any longer *sad puppy dog eyes*

I was able to collect 57 shells in Antonica within approximately 20 minutes, one totem of the otter was used and then I just resurfaced and dove back down again.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was impressed with the results there, with very little Totems used. But my fave zone is still near Fina's Rest, on the abyssal plain. Went down there last time with a caster, and I think (it was late, I was tired) I managed to get the main thing I wanted (the kelp critter thingee seems to be the rare? Sigh) and the Achievement in about 11-12 minutes, on one spell. Even if it had taken the entire time, I can cast it again very quickly.

So! What's with the full minute or whatever timer for the Otter Totem? Do all the Totems do that, or did the old-timey devs just think it was funny to watch lowbees drown? And the time between the clams being openable again is more like 20 seconds, not 10. If you're relying on a Totem and not just wading in the shallows like near Gorowyn (ah, Gorowyn; another good place!), you have only about 45 clam opens, total (which does not guarantee you'll get all 20 items)...presuming you're not burning seconds getting down to the right spot, finding the next one while down there, and coming back up again, often frantically. :-/

Yeah, if we could have a quest next year (or maybe even whip up something fast for Live for this year? :D) for, I dunno, touching all the standing altars or something, as has been suggested, then getting as a reward a useful re-breather (or even something with charges, as long as it doesn't take too long to recast) for the clams afterwards, that'd be wonderful. :)

Uwk
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Or simply make the tinkered Gnomish Rebreather not a no-trade item.

That is funny isn't it, you use your Totem of the Otter, and set your stack to auto-consume, and you are happily swimming around gathering shells and at the end of your 15 minutes that the totem lasts, you are dying while waiting for auto-consume to start your next totem because of the cool-down I guess. I was doing that as well, frantically swimming to surface when I realized the Totem would not auto-consume in time so that I would not run out of breath. *giggles*

~Cyrrena
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is that No-Trade stupidity another thing they stole from WoW that they should've left back there?? The Engineers in WoW are like Tinkerers here, but the only people who can use anything, apparently, made by an Engineer...is another Engineer. The main way to get money, other than doing "slaughter everything that moves" quests, is to Auction House things, and no one would buy stuff they couldn't use! The people who could use it would just make their own. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG: When you find the Appearance weapons, the Barnacle Encrusted Anchor or the Rust Covered Anchor, there's a guild-wide announcement, since they're both Legendary. But there's a double announcement, like so (red is just for emphasis):

You receive [an Oceansfull Festival Gift]
    (ordinary message when you open a Clam)
    {the toon} looted the Legendary [Barnacle Encrusted Anchor].
    (guild message)
    You receive [Barnacle Encrusted Anchor].
    (ordinary message identifying the thing inside the big brown pearl inside the Clam)
    {the toon} looted the Legendary [Barnacle Encrusted Anchor].
    (guild message)

If it's something that your guild leader has set up, the double message also shows up on your Events tab. :-/

Uwk
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I just wanna say I love the Nek castle lol

all versions of it!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Meh, I only go in there during the holidays when there's ONE specific quest or another; I get motion sick just standing still in those corridors. :p

Uwk
    Juraiya, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know about those quests in Neck castle , I still counted like 16 or so still there besides the ones you get from the outside
    to kill Everling .
    Rosy , when are you playing on Stormhold ? I befriended your toons , but I never saw you on.

To bad the festival is only on for 4 days but there is a lot of potential for this and the upcoming fire festival and maybe next year the new festivals could be on for at least a week , and a quest or 2 could be added and maybe some crafting related to the theme.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Crafting! Yes! :D

And while we can already worship Solusek Ro, it'd be nice to maybe get his dad, Fennin Ro, in there as well, and definitely Prexus. :)

EDIT: Hang on; Kaitheel said the festival was on Live for 10 days? :(

Uwk
  17. Kaitheel Developer

Good news then, as it's live for 10 days. 6/08 - 6/18.

~Kaitheel
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I haven't logged onto Fallen Gate since the double xp weekend...
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):D Kaitheel

I must have made a mistake looking up the duration on the calendar.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I opened another 40 shells and still have not gotten that bench. I must not have the sign on me saying please give me the bench!

Same relative results though as Uwk posted above for distribution of the gifts.

Would love some crafting and maybe a quest or two. Maybe crafting things for the Othmir to show devotion to Prexus. Then an achievement for crafting all the items!! Oh Kaitheel …. *goes off looking for a waterproof sign that tells Prexus she needs the bench*