Oceansfull Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, May 25, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Othmir are impressive stunt riders, by the way, standing on the backs of their mounts with impressive feats of agility! :D
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, brilliant! I love it when that happens, even if inadvertently! :D

Don't ever change that, Kaitheel! :D

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! :D

Uwk
    who definitely needs more water features :)
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You mean, Oceansfull Wise Othmir Illusion? I've got that on my male Erudite Fury; want a screenshot? :)

Be right back... ;->

Uwk
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, while I'm waiting for my screenshots to come back from the developer (heh! Just kidding), let me say with conviction that yes, the new glowies are indeed trackable using either the Gnomish Divining Rod (actually, I haven't checked that one for real, but if it works the same way...) or the Track Harvestables ability. :)

Uwk
    who opened up quite a few shells (didn't track how long it took, sorry :-/) and got the following, all under the ice at the bottom of the sea at The Great Divide location:

1 Barnacle Encrusted Anchor (1Hd. Appearance Weapon)
    1 Rust-Covered Anchor (1Hd. Appearance Weapon)
    1 kelp fiend (pet; still isn't capitalized like the others yet ;->)
    1 Dancing Othmir Shaman Plushie
    1 Oceansfull Adventurous Othmir Illusion
    1 Oceansfull Wise Othmir Illusion (did I get this from being a Fury, or is that it for the illusions?)
    1 Driftwood Bench
    3 Othmir Fishing Stand
    3 Standing Ship's Wheel (THANK YOU, KAITHEEL, FOR THESE! :D)
    3 Mounted Ship's Wheel (did I say thank you enough for these? Thanks again! :D)
    3 Stone Water Basin (looking forward to the new appearance! :D)
    3 Swimming Othmir Shellcracker Plushie
    3 Coral Guardian Plushie
    4 Lodizal Plushie (thank you for bringing these back, Kaitheel! :D)
    4 Square Basket of Shells
    4 Dancing Othmir Villager Plushie
    5 Rhodium Anchor
    6 Iron Anchor
    7 River Fishing Net
    7 Shallow Basket of Shells

But this was in one zone, and there's not enough extras to cover all my alts on Test, so I'll be checking out other zones to get an idea of the distribution. It may be skewed a bit since I only did one more shell after I'd gotten all 20, finally. ;->
    Kaitheel likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I opened 32 shells in Antonica and 27 in Commonlands and I also got all of the above with the exception of the Driftwood Bench. My distribution was similar except I got far more plushies *does the Snoopy dance* than I got the baskets of shells either version.

My Grotto will be the hotspot now with all of these water themed items. Now I just need Hua Mein themed plushies and items to do my retreat. I received a note yesterday that the Hua Mein are demanding equal treatment!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Cool! :)

So I guess the distribution does vary, or the RNGs are actually working not too badly. ;->

Uwk
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I will say, though, that's one of the best places to gather Clams, if you can stay down there on the abyssal plain indefinitely. :)

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What are EW and OF? :-/

Uwk
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I th

I think I have both still. Will mail them to ya.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It's probably too late for this year, but next year, can there be some way we can get ahold of those cool fireworks the Othmir are setting off? Maybe like that suggested quest, where we click on each of the totems at their set-up or whatever, and the last one we need is the one in Fina's Retreat? :)

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Does it also help with underwater vision? :)

Uwk
    who did that so long ago, the details are fuzzy... ;->
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Eastern Wastes and Obulus Frontier, I imagine.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Probably true, yeah. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I think what you are looking for , Uwkete , is the totem of turtle, it gives you fish vision.
    Unfortunately the fishbone erring does not help with vision but getting 12 hours of under water breathing is totally nice , and the recast is almost instant. as in when you start to drown you have enough time to recast it.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I was wondering why only a very scant few of my toons have ever done it, and after looking at the requirements, especially all that malarkey in Nektropos Castle (what, was that Smed's favorite dungeon? You can get a headache in RL just going through the architecture! Four to five quests or so before we can even talk to/kill the guy?? Why not just have us get to the Library, find a specific tome or notes or whatever while we're being attacked by everything, and continue on our way?), I now remember why... :-/

I think I'd rather try to make successful chocolate souffles for a living. X-P

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Looking back on this, when I do this on the Live servers, I think I'll definitely try to have everyone get the Achievement and the collection, but I'm not going to panic if everyone doesn't get all 20 items, or even the 16 house items, unless they're "water-based theme" characters. ;->

The best luck I've ever had gathering the Clams anywhere was definitely the abyssal plain by Fina's Rest (Fina's Haven? can never remember the name of the place), with an Erudite Fury; even given the low-light, murky environment, I was getting Clams hand over fist there. ;)

If everyone can't get everything, item-wise, I'll probably just send down my water-breathers and native casters to fill in people's gaps. :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

That's why I am still working on my two FG toons - to level them to 25 so they can run Hadden's Earring and I can get it on all my toons!
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You'll have to be level 30, the last I checked? :-/

Not too much longer. ;->

Uwk
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Aww, darn! You are correct. I've done the lightstone (with help). The next Heritage quest IS at level 25... it's These Boots Were Made For..., not Hadden's Earring.

Given that my toons are currently level 21 and-a-quarter, and leveling is excruciatingly slow, maybe by next year they will be old enough. :(