Expert Tower Breach

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mermut, May 24, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Gatekeeper Karatil and Gaukr Sandstorm both seem to be a bit over-tuned.
    They were both hitting people (periodically) for over 80m in a single AoE hit
  2. knine Well-Known Member

Sandstorm destroyed me over and over and I've got well over the resolve and HP. The gatekeeper wasn't horrible for more.
  3. slica Active Member

Gaukr is his pelt with sand ability which ranges from 70mil-240mil dmg on non tanks...it’s the same in the regular heroic instance...I have a post below about the issue...gninja said he wasn’t going to fix it. Maybe he will for the expert... I healed it easily on my mystic with 70k potency but I ran with templars n such who had a horrible time and we wiped a few times.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

I usually have no problems on my warden.. but with my elemental ward completely broken.....
    Spammity healing + random one-shots. We did it.. but it was ugly and 'not fun'.
  5. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Fought him recently in expert and we think the key to killing Sandstorm is to bring a ton of DPS and kill him before he starts breaking out the massive AoEs.

He's doable in a slower DPS group, but he seems to start hitting with his AoEs like a train if he lives long enough. Might actually be worth taking two healers for some groups as he's definitely had his weetabix
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not a case of 2-healers.. it's a case of wards or get 1-shot. Two healers, both without wards, won't prevent the 1-shots.
  7. Furycai Member

What is going on with the deathtouch in Tower Breach expert? If we do not kill him in the few minutes, he starts deathtouching his target over and over again. My poor self, dead and deader and dead again. Is there anyway of avoiding this? It seems to me that the detriments are being cured.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Watch the mob/text for
    begins to wail in your direction!
    He needs to be dispelled after that or he will death touch peeps.
    Furycai likes this.
  9. Fendaria Member

The Gaukr Sandstorm fight is just stupid. We can clear every other T1 fight on expert easily, except him. Two healers (one a mystic) combining for 132m hps and its not enough. Everyone is over 80k potency and over 50m hp. I just don't get it. Are you expected to have T3 raid gear to kill him?

Then of course, we give in and everyone drinks the Elixir of the Expert...and it does NOTHING. No potency increase for anyone. No fervor increase for anyone. And I know none of us have used it in the past 24 hours.

After giving up and zoning out, someone notices the Elixir buff is now actually working. Zoned back in and pounded him in 55s

Its just stupid
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The last named does seem a tad overtuned in his damage.
  11. Inyuyasha Member

Ya we normally just skip this zone entirely and do the heroic one for our one heroic fight for the night... the zone has nothing worth banging your head against for on the last name... we do the winds of change expert and have a much easier time and have better loot