Will Rune of the Enigma stack with Rune of Mysteries?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Revel, May 24, 2018.

1. Revel Well-Known Member

Both have the Heart of Mysteries tag, so I am assuming no, but it would be nice to see a Dev confirm. If they don't, as an etherealist I won't even bother.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

Most elementalist wont bother either...at least not to something is done to phoenix rising to make it worth a hotbar space
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

why not bother ? could u explain why please ?
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

30% longer duration, way to long of a recast, even at gm the effect lasts 35 seconds and the proc off the effect is 7 seconds, so 8.5 second/41 second isn't worth it. (depends on class, using on a ranger/BL during mimic chain is ideal ,but its once per fight- again not too bad)

"IF" the Rune of Enigma +15 fervor stacked with the prior ethereal rune or they made Phoenix Rising a self buff then yes it would be viable. But as is, Thaum is the only 1 to really get a direct benefit.

Will be easier to determine once the items are unlocked and what they truly are capable of. nitpicking ftw
    semisus likes this.
  5. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Ethereal Gift is just as worthless and also isn't worth a hotbar slot.

If one ascension gets a damage improvement, then all ascensions should get a damage improvement across the board.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

it's not worthless. depends what you play
    as priest or support .. ethereal gift is a nice addition.

same for the phoenix spell. only few class will spend the time to cast it. only support/priests. It's not as good as antilife for sure

But I agree if u play dps or tank ... it's worthless
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't know about you, but I don't want the shaman in MY group nerfing his/her fervor on 'real' fights. And for easy stuff, the long cast time + short buff duration also makes it not worthwhile.
  8. Earar Well-Known Member

i don't think the fervor nerf would make his wards so small so he couldn't heal

also depends when he does it. Best time is to use it when u have a gate and no ascensions to cast. But on dps check fights, if you are a bit short .. the sacrifice can really be a blessing
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I know on Karnah when the mob panics and puts the fervor/pot nerf on... my defilers ward's get pitifully small compared to where they should be. WELL below 1/2 strength... somewhere between 1/4 and 1/6 size. That isn't good for anybody.
    My defiler is a thaum, so it's a non-issue for her.. but that's a HUGE nerf to ward size if the fight has seriously healing going on.
  10. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Actually, as a mystic I use ethereal gift on all fights. T1, T2, T3 and even T4. There isn't a single fight I don't use gift on so far and I primarily solo heal.

Learn how to use it and it's a great boon to your group.
    Revanu likes this.
  11. SteveB Active Member

etheral gift gives each grp member ~40 Fervor if you give the gift while Fervor proc is up and besides that if it is actually happening on the start of a fight the dps improvement of all the ascension spells that are casted with 40 mroe fervor are fairly worth to cast it tbh
  12. Earar Well-Known Member

smaller doesn't mean useless.

especially at the start of a fight where named surges are not high. I can understand you wouldn't want to do that on a T3 raid mob near the end .. if the surge start to skyrocket, but early on fights, you don't fear much usually.
    and the fervor bonus u can give to your dps is great.

it's a choice