The new examine window is actually more confusing than the old one

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, May 24, 2018.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Atleast for this old geezer.

Am I just so used to the old examine window and biased or do people agree with me that the way stats allign now makes it even more confused?

Can we have an option to use the old one perhaps?
    Vandrago, Azeren, Cheallaigh and 5 others like this.
  2. Xellium Active Member

It would help if potency cb resolve and ability mod were always in the same place. Last I checked that wasn't the case.
    NrthnStar5, Mindsway and Mermut like this.
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I agree. And the adornment stats (at least on TLE) are at random locations too. If this is how they want to roll, stats should be at the same location for all items.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Gharyn Well-Known Member

And we can no longer see increases from reforging, infusing, experimenting, etc.

+1 for making it look cleaner
    -100 for taking away functionality
    Svenone, Quillyne, Rosyposy and 5 others like this.
  5. Mizri Active Member

It's almost like they didn't consult any players before making this change. Seriously, this is a step backwards.
  6. The Fonz Active Member

I absolutely hate it. And if they were not going to fix the broken tool tip descriptions, then why mess with something that nobody was really asking for.
    Svenone, Mizgamer62, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

Holding alt shows the base stats. That's the thing that is causing me the most problems. After so many years of holding alt to compare an item to what I'm wearing, now all that does is show the base stats.

Why the couldn't make hold control show the base stats and leave holding alt to function as it has for what? 14 years? is beyond me.
    Tkia and GrunEQ like this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Lets be honest, knowing from years of past experience at the many failed quality of life improvements and UI improvements in the game, did we really expect this to be done correctly? I didn't... and I was proven right, though I didn't warn anyone. Why bother? They do what they want to do and we can either accept it or walk away. Or hope for a blue moon so they will listen and change what is annoying us so much.
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

I don't like the new examine window. I might grow to like it in the future but right now its really annoying.

As far as I can tell, no one asked for change to the examine window so why change it? Of all the things people wanted to to change in the game, I don't think this was priority.

If they have spare dev time and they did this, then its fine but it seems they area really short on dev time these day so why waste it on this change?

Please feel free to ignore me as I am a grumpy old man or getting there!
  10. Chillispike Active Member

The combined stats are ok i guess, just a matter of getting used to.

The effects are collapsed by default .. some what ok, but actually there are so many effects that you have to open each of em anyway to see what the difference in the effect is. => I wish there would be an option to see em expanded by default.

The 2 colum blue stats are make it hard to spot die difference in the items, coz you have to look for the same stat o the other item and find it in the correct columm.
    Mindsway, Cheallaigh and Tkia like this.
  11. Kari Well-Known Member

It is confusing and I am not able to determine if anything is an upgrade in the short amount of time that the loot window is open. I ended up just greeding on everything last night because I didn't want to hold up my group by sitting there and trying to figure it out.
  12. Fistpower Well-Known Member

[IMG]

I really hope we will see improvements fast, because right now its absolute donkey poop.
    Vandrago, Mindsway, Svenone and 3 others like this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, on all my toons, I had experimented several items to Visionary: Gi of the Ashen Artisan, Earring of the Solstice, Coldain Prayer Shawl. The names of the items now do not show "Visionary", and I couldn't tell if they retained the laboriously gained five altered stats.

I have not yet looked at the items of Mastercrafted PoP gear that I'd experimented to Visionary.

I will NOT be happy if I have to re-experiment on all of these.
    Juraiya, Cheallaigh and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

From a usability issue... it is easier to compare two columns of numbers then 2 sets of two columns.. especially when there is no consistency from item to item, which numbers (cb, pot, ab mod, etc) will be in which row or which column. While the new format 'looks' cleaner, it is actually harder to use. :(
  15. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I just dont understand why we cant have blue stats in a single column and have the stats at the same location on every item and still use the consolidated green stats...

Having it like we currently have, it just takes too long to compare items, especially on the TLE server.
    NrthnStar5 and Cheallaigh like this.
  16. knine Well-Known Member

They never consult players lol.. they do what THEY feel is right.
    Mizgamer62, Cheallaigh and Pixistik like this.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

CTRL is already in use - hold it and click on the item icon in the exam window to see it in the dressing room window.
  18. knine Well-Known Member

Its because it would make too much sense and they don't want us to be able to compare the "new" stuff lol.. honestly no reason to really have changed this at all, except they are probably going to consolidate a lot of stuff in new class balance stuff that is to come and want to have us get the complaining out early
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Update: I still have "Visionary Gi of the Ashen Artisan", "Visionary Earring of the Solstice", and all of the Mastercrafted gear still is Visionary and retains their boosts.

But the Coldain Prayer Shawl lost its experimentation boosts. I am cranky.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the stats aren't 'stacked' left column right column.. but row 1, row 2, row 3.. so the stats shift columns making it harder to find what we're looking for from piece to piece
    Cheallaigh likes this.