GU106: Seeds of Vengeance Arrives May 24th!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Probe One Member

Today

[IMG]
    Kander - Any level 110 character at any gear level can run 1 expert a day. If you do the "work". You probably at least want to have quest gear though. Just sayin

[IMG]
    Kander - It means, people who are playing in current content and arent geared for Experts will still be able to run 1 expert a day with a buff.
    Furycai likes this.
  2. Morg Well-Known Member

As an old Gold/Silver account, i have the PoP expansion, going by the notes i WON'T be able to enjoy the new content? Makes me wonder why i bother buying expansions for.
    Meneltel likes this.
  3. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Roxx, where is our weekly update? Last one was a week from yesterday, I thought they were going to give us weekly updates? Is it posted elsewhere?
  4. Kristabella Well-Known Member

nvm :) See it now on the launcher. but would be good to update it here too all in one place :)
  5. Probe One Member

6. Probe One Member

Today
    [IMG]
    Kander - Update, definitely doing double XP for all servers Thursday 24, through Monday, 28th at Midnight

Cel . e . braaaa . tion!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Uncle Active Member

nice as long as the patch dosent crash the servers
    Simparri likes this.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

Will new zones have tank script in them?
  9. Unao New Member

I heard that a new item will come soon, called " The meldrath's glove "
    (it seems to be something where 5 gems of different colors can be put in it to unlock his power)

tips :
    [IMG]
    Gninja likes this.
  10. Probe One Member

Yesterday
    [IMG]
    Caith - "Be sure to speak with representatives from the various Norrathian mage guilds in Valor to pick up missions for even more rewards! These missions are the same as those currently available, but can be completed in Expert and Expert Event zones for bonus mission crates and ethereal rewards."
    Chrol - they are the same missions
    Roxxlyy - ^^^ that plus one new one on the shard of hate

[IMG]
    Gninja - correct. The new SOH raid zone is the new raid content for GU106. There are 25 raid bosses in there.

Why post the screen shot, instead of just text? You'll know it's not made up. :D

How to get a linkable image from a screen shot?
    Try downloading through https://imgbb.com/ https://imgbb.com/tos
  11. Probe One Member

Today
    [IMG]
    Kander - We'll be posting a few articles this week and leading up to the GU, which is scheduled for Tuesday.
    Porrum - Does the cleric of hate set include the cape new Inny wears? The red one with the inny/bat symbol
    Gninja - I do believe that cloak can be found in gu106, yes. I will double check that though (Appearance wise I mean)

About new raid zone.
    [IMG]
    Gninja - You have to figure out how to spawn all of them.
    you can only get 6 bosses per zone. 4 bosses share each boss slot. Each have different requirements to spawn them
    Innoruuk can be unlocked as well but not going to go into detail about that one
    from what I can tell they aren't sharing loot. They each have their own
    they might have a shared table for secondary drops though, not sure
  12. Probe One Member

Today
    [IMG]
    Caith - No patch tomorrow
  13. semisus Does not play this game

will the ethereal events be a daily and weekly?
    or is 4 zones pr day for max coins like last year?
  14. Probe One Member

Today
    [IMG]
    how long will the update on thursday be probably? any ideas?
    Roxxlyy - We're looking at the regular 2 hours

[IMG]
    any idea when the patch notes will be released on the EQ2 site?
    Roxxlyy - Most likely tomorrow, standard timeline for this update
  15. Probe One Member

Today
    [IMG]
    Kander - Epic 2.0 quests have gotten as easy as they are going to get for alts. We are working on removing many of the other roadblocks for expansion type things for alts, lots of changes tomorrow. No, the TS mount and the Collection neck are not going to get easier for alts. They are BiS for the expansion and will remain a challenge.
    [IMG]
    Are we getting anymore previews today? perhaps a sneak peak at some ethereals?
    Kander - Yes, there is like 4 or 5 articles going up between today and tomorrow
  16. Doomravin Well-Known Member

May I be so bold as to suggest Epic 2.0 is THE roadblock for newer players and almost all alts? 20 hours of grinding worthless content per toon.......part of the game meta is about improving your characters after all

While I applaud the idea of removing other roadblocks for alts, I do wonder how many epic fighters are left ingame

Anyways, here's hoping to a good Game Update
    Mindsway likes this.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

From the Update notes for GU106. Shouldn't Transmuting also be included in Crafting Skills?
  18. Probe One Member

Today
    [IMG]
    Caith - Each character may earn 1 Ethereal coin per day from missions completed in heroic dungeons, and 3 Ehtereal coins per day on each character from missions completed in Expert dungeons. New shard of hate heroic counts as an expert for these

Caith - Membership doubles the amount you receive, just like other currencies.

Run something and get 1 Ethereal coin, but if you're a subscriber you get 2 Ethereal coins. Now run something else on the same day and get 1 Ethereal coin, but if you're a subscriber you get 2 Ethereal coins.

A FTP player gets 2 Ethereal coins. Does a subscriber get 4 Ethereal coins less 1, because of the max 3 limit? OR does a subscriber get 2 Ethereal coins, because EQ2 truncates subscriber rewards that go over the limit?? :eek:

Think Celestial Ascension scrolls. If you have 45 and it's the weekly, you get +1 for the daily but lose the +5 subscriber benefit for the weekly; 46 total.

Something to think about before tomorrow.:confused:
  19. Nelie Well-Known Member

I believe you have this played out wrong. The way I read it is 1 Ethereal coin per day in non-Expert zones + 3 Ethereal coins per day in Expert zones. So:

FTP : 1 Non-Expert coin + 3 Expert coins = 4 coins max per day
    Subs: 1 Non-Expert coin + 3 Expert coins = 4 coins x 2 = 8 coins max per day
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Um, once this goes live, can we please GET OUR FUNCTIONALITY BACK?? There are NO chat/voice channels, no mail, no Broker, not much of anything going on in the US servers, and while Thurgadin is doing all right in all those categories and more, we cannot access Antonia_Bayle.Homeshow, nor mail anything to any other server than within Thurgadin. At first, I thought it was just Thurgadin being cut off AGAIN from the rest of the planet, but now it seems the US servers are the ones being adversely affected. :-/

If you want anyone to be able to play the latest GU, could you please stick the plug back in the wall, or get the hamsters back to work again, crank up the backup generator, something?? >:-/

Uwk
    Armageddoux and Rosyposy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.