Been awhile.....

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, May 15, 2018.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Haven't played in awhile due to real life problems plus my current laptop doesn't have enough HDD so I can download game. I thought I'd drop by and say hi. See if I recognize anyone who is here. Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could get an external HDD that isn't expensive?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Amazon has some pretty decent deals usually. If you shop Costco, I've gotten good deals there as well (though it was closer to Christmastime).
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

What about Walmart? Oh, one other thing. Any suggestions on size of HDD that would be a good idea to get?
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Wal-Mart carried them online when I was looking, but I didn't see any in the store in our area. Your area might be different though.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

I usually get most of my electronics online but right now I don't have access to a debit/credit card. I have $100 cash so I'll have see if I can't checkout Walmart and hopefully they'll have some external HDD. I'd like to download the game now but I only have 30 GB free on my HDD and I'm sure it's not enough for the game. Hopefully I'll be able to get an external HDD soon so I can clear up some space for the game.
    Finora likes this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I just checked, my EQ2 folder is 12.9 gb in size, so with 30 GB free, you should be good. Give it a try and see! See if you can save some money!
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

I thought I remembered it was bigger than that. I'll have to get a external HDD anyways(sooner or later) because my HDD is running out of space and I've deleted all the things I don't use and I still don't have much space on it.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Most games recommend 16 GB space free so computer may still say not enough room, but getting a bigger one would be good, but living on a limited income, saving money is always good, so I try to help where I can.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's why I've been putting off getting one is because I've been trying to save some money. Living on a fixed income makes it difficult to get certain things. Sometimes you just have to splurge.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

My folder has been bigger, but that's with test & beta downloaded as well as numerous screenshots & probably years of log files I need to clean up. With just the base game it shouldn't be too massive.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

I downloaded and installed it and all seemed to go fine. I'll give it a try tomorrow. Now I just have to decide what to play! I'll stick to playing solo because it's easier that way for me. Since I sometimes have to stop playing suddenly because of my disability. Less frustrating for others, too. :)
    Finora likes this.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

More than one of us here understands (I caretake for a cousin, so I know!) So you can find friends and guildies who understand. Not that many kids play here, but there are some, but lots of older relaxed players here too. RL > EQ2, no matter how heretical that may seem!
    Finora and Rhodris like this.
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

I tried playing a few other games but I always ran into the problem that people didn't understand that I'm slower than they are because I have trouble with my hands and other physical problems make it to where that I have to suddenly drop out and most of them seemed to frown on solo playing. Even the games themselves were near impossible to play solo. I've been playing single player games but I really miss the world of EQ2. Is there a certain level that can't be played if one is solo?
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Newegg.com has some excellent deals on refurbished gaming computers.
  15. Leloes Well-Known Member

Been awhile since I been to that site I'll have to check it out again.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Yeah, my father got me my computer from there years ago. Had a computer techie friend recommend it after he looked at the specs and said to get it hehe.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

I need to get something with a bigger HDD but just having trouble finding a computer that it is affordable for me. My current laptop I got on ebay for under a $1,000.
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

Can anyone suggest any sites that might help me reacquaint myself with EQ2? Such as any changes, classes, quests, etc?
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

20. Leloes Well-Known Member