The Starflower - Snowy Dwelling - AB Server {Video Tour}

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Febrith, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Febrith Well-Known Member

Here is another from the spreadsheet and I love how it is named after the flower that is a theme throughout the home - also, THAT cake!:)

2. blackjack Well-Known Member

Really like the flower/colour theme of this place. Well done.
    Kenana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Demy Member

I enjoy doing cakes. I specialize in wedding ones. I have performed or assisted with many roleplay weddings. No cake is ever the same. I decorate it based on color and flower choices. Lots of detail in them. Lots of time spent yelling at my curser.
    Here is a picture of another cake I did
    [IMG][IMG][IMG]
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, Demy...I recommend DeviantArt.com. You won't get this problem. :(

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Where do the Star Flowers come from? They're lovely, and apparently give off more than a bit of light! :)

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

They come from the Maldura merchant from the KA expansion, Puss
  7. Spirit Active Member

Wish i would have thought of ice bridges when i did this zone , I spent a fortune on gnomish grating when ice was so handy already.It is nicely spread out over the miles of ice available and yet safe to walk around in ( i have been in a couple of sketchy death traps in my travels) . I don't know how you flower children do this stuff , every time i put a plant in it shortly becomes a nasty dark stain in the carpet. Very pretty all in all , thanks for posting it for all the rest of us to see.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! I have that one! :D

Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  9. Kenana Well-Known Member

Lythil, you are the master of the subtle colors. What an absolutely marvelous job! I was just getting lost in all those blues while Feb's beautiful voice told the story :) Thanks for sharing this wonderful Snowy Dwelling and the Dojo too! I will definitely be visiting these in person.
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Demy Member

11. Febrith Well-Known Member

Omg gorgeous;)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Holy Hannah! That looks almost EXACTLY like that Great British Bake-Off final award-winning wedding cake! I can't recall who the winner was then...Candace? No, no, it was the gal who was usually "more style than substance," but she'd learned and grown over the course of the contest...Frances! That was it. :)

Nicely done! :D

On posting screenshots, though...I use DeviantArt.com myself, and what I've always done is: take the screenshot, upload it to DA, then right-click on the published image and select View Image. You'll get a screen coming up with nothing but the image and the direct URL to it; select and Ctrl+C to copy the entire URL (for those who don't know, the URL is the line at the top of a webpage that tells you where the computer is at the moment. The one for this, for example, would be something like https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/ and continue on with a bunch of computerese for the full URL for this particular page). Then come back here, look for a tiny li'l icon when you're in the post you're writing (the icon looks like a little landscape painting, complete with ground, tree, and sky; it's next to the one that looks like a film strip...hmm, must check out DA for videos), and click on that. That will open up the Insert Image window. In the command line in there, Paste the URL you'd copied, hit the Insert button, and Robert's your parents' sibling. ;->

Basically, once the image is in the post, you can do pretty much whatever with it that you can with an image inserted into a Word document. :)

Good luck! :D

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And oh, just as an FYI, you might want to be paranoid and add something in your DA posting line like, "Everquest2 is the property of Daybreak Games, all rights reserved. This is only for educational and entertainment purposes" blah, blah, blah, just in case. I always do, and put my screenshots under Fan Art->Digital Art->Other, just so folks won't think everything in the screenshot is something original. :-/

Hey, what can I say, I'm paranoid. ;->

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.