Nights of the Dead 2017 - Feedback & Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Ruckus Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25knf

Peek-A-Boo, Peek-A-Boo
    Golly jeepers
    Where'd you get those peepers?
    Peepshow, creepshow
    Where did you get those eyes?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

It's the thing that gives you the titles, collection pieces or urns, it's not a title in itself. It shows up as a link in your chat box you can click on and you'll see the possible rewards. Scroll down near the bottom of Niami's write up to see what I'm talking about.

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q316&menustr=080000000000
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I didn't notice this on test, probably because of the small population, but while killing calcified skeletons in Nektulos, specifically the ones you have to kick to pop, I've occasionally gotten double skeletons. Other times I got no skellie at all. I didn't know what was going on.

Just now I was on the beach killing skellies & popped one. Just down the way from me, where I could see, someone else kicked a bone pile while I was fighting my skeleton (lower level alt, so slower fight) and suddenly I had 2 skeletons, and they had none. Their skeleton popped on me. It wasn't like it popped over there and ran to me, it just popped on me like my skeleton had.

Now the mystery of the double/no skeletons is solved, but no solution to accidentally stealing someone else's skeletons other than move to another zone or wait until there is no one else there.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've run across similar things for years, but I was never so lucky as you; invariably, they'd been triggered by someone MUCH HIGHER LEVEL than I, and either handed my tail to me (after ripping it off my butt and beating me to death with it), or I managed to escape, leaving a trail of insta-shed kitteh hairs behind me (or at least, I think that's what they were...). :-/

Uwk
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

That's just the thing, this was different from having some high level fly over when you pop it and it spawns their level instead of yours. That does still happen, but these are spawning like it was me popping it. Spawning at my level just like the one I'd popped myself. The person who got none when I actually saw it was 85, the character I was on was only 71.

It was really odd. And while they were in my visual range, they weren't anywhere close enough for something to agro on me.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, that is odd... :-/

Uwk
    Finora likes this.
  7. Dyeana Active Member

Gads ..... I love getting rewards for tossing pumpkins, but I think we went a bit overboard with the rarety of the mount. Some folks are / have tossed upwards of 10,000 to 14,000 pumpkin bombs and still no mount in sight. many have given up after a few thousand tosses. This is suppose to be a fun even.

Can we get the rarety of the mount from tossing pumpkins reviewed. I would love to use some of my candy corns for crafting before the event is over. :D

Thanks

Dye
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I can think of several people who would agree with you... :-/

Uwk
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...looking back on it, weren't the abuse/exploits done using Brokerable type items? Where something would be bought for like 1c from an NPC and then sold on the Broker for like 80,000p or so? Take off the No-Value tag and slap on a No-Trade tag, and no one would be able to Broker it (though one would think the Heirloom tag would prevent that)... :-/

Seriously, not even I have enough alts to be able to unload all our extra Ceremonial Plate Armor pieces at any sort of a profit if it's "priced" on a buying NPC for 1-5c a piece. Even buying it back and re-selling it over and over won't exactly net me as much plat as a simple purchase of a Bag of it on the Loyalty Merchant, which would take infinitely less time. :-/

Even better: slap a "No Buy Back" tag on it, like with the Status items. ;->

Uwk
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, folks in homeshow were asking how long that woken spirit was going to continue to stalk them, so I'm assuming she is still playing her stalker games even though the event is over.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG, good point; I was being bothered by that wretch on Test today. :(

Teach me to go around digging up graves... :-/

Uwk
    Dude likes this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

That all depends upon when you last woke her, and how long you have run around the world with her. Just let her run her course. She should run out of nightmare fuel at some point, and stop appearing to you.

~ Kaitheel
    Finora, Shmogre and Niami DenMother like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Charming. I'd rather she went the way of the Calcified Skeletons on Nektulos Beach, frankly. :-|

Uwk
    trying to finish up decorating projects on a deadline
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

Months after Nights of the Dead is over one of my characters on Live Tyllamook(100 Conjuror/43 sage) on Antonia Bayle still has the Woke spirit popping in on her. I have not noticed whether my other characters have that happening.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

She lasts for a specific amount of in-game time. You have to play that character until the timer on her expires.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Finora like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

After awhile, you just kind of ignore the brat and go on with things. Hopefully she won't be interfering in anything important, like combat or harvesting or crafting. X-P

Uwk
    who lost sympathy with the poor child after about the 8th appearance... ;->
    Rosyposy and Freyja like this.
  17. Lera Well-Known Member

If we take her to visit Qho, will that refill the nightmare fuel?
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think so, I took 3 of mine to visit Qho and then played all of them through all of the Bristlebane quests and getting all the patchcrafts and she still keeps popping in and telling me her daddy loves the horses.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's gotta be a quote from some movie or other, 'cause it's really obscure and non-sequitur otherwise... ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't know, every time she says her daddy loves the horses, I picture the severed horse head in the bed on satin sheets in the Godfather.