Verlixa in Obsidian Core - ruining an otherwise decent zone

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Doomravin, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Heyas,
    Straight down to brass tacks here,

Verlixa of the Order of Boredom: - she is the one name in this expac that has the magical power to put an entire group to sleep before you even engage her!

Please, please, please knock a single round of adds off her - I keep on having to cast summon coffee before facing her and guildies are, shall we say, reluctant to do obsidian core because of her.

The fight is just too long, too insipid and way too boring
    Conifur, Jhen Ro, Drona and 1 other person like this.
  2. Perciful Active Member

LoL, so many times and just last night, someone in group is doing the count and then suddenly in chat you hear “wait, what number are we on?”.... someone makes a guess and then we usually have to start over.
  3. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

10000000000000 times yes.

This fight is like five people /afk and one person does the actual fight while everyone else gets coffee.
    Drona likes this.
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

I hate this zone with a passion because of this one mob!

Scripts are much needed evil in a RPG but this one (there are few others) is badly designed one as we cannot control the flow/speed of the fight as our characters improves. So it makes it bad script in a RPG.

And any script that requires Mario style jumping is VERY bad in a RPG! If I have relaxes to jump, I would be playing Mario and not a RPG :p
  5. Jhen Ro Active Member

IMO - Fight would be better without the memory game mechanics.

At 80, flees into a lamp. Go to wrong one, person that clicks ports and dies (out of rez range), otherwise you just go. There is named immune with 1 add. Burn add, kill name.

At 60, flees into a lamp. Go to wrong one, person that clicks ports and dies (out of rez range), otherwise you just go. There is named immune with 2 adds. Burn adds, kill name.

Again at 40 with 3 adds and 20 with 4 adds.

If you are wrong, you are punished by losing the player that clicked - can still finish, but will be short. End of fight, corpses port to front of room so can be rezzed.

But to be fair - I hate... HATE memory games.

Claws, hate. Lamps, hate. Last Kill's Lamp, hate. Yrzu key quest: hate.
  6. Alexstrasza Active Member

This fight isn't that bad, can probably stop the over-reacting. Not everything has to be turn and burn.
  7. Jhen Ro Active Member

To you it might not be that bad.

To others, it might be.

I don't think anyone is asking for straight up turn/burn mobs either. Just a middle ground.
  8. semisus Does not play this game

i think events are far worse , especially now that can punt over the tornados
    so much trash to kill
  9. Alexstrasza Active Member

No I think the issue is the past few expansions players were coddled into easy get-em-done zones and now that there are things to actually do to get the zone done its causing the casual crowd to go into an uproar.
  10. Jhen Ro Active Member

People have opinions and are giving feedback. If that bothers you, /shrug.
  11. Alexstrasza Active Member

And we're just explaining how you're wrong and nothing needs to be changed.
    Revanu likes this.
  12. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I don't think the actual script needs much change, it just needs shortening.

Instead of doing 2,3,4 and 5 each time, just do 3,3,3,3. It'll still require concentration, but make the fight feel shorter as a couple less adds, and less time standing doing nothing while 5 adds path out.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

One of the main draws of RPG is the sense of getting power and then using that power to defeat monsters. This mob is counter to that draw. You could be the avatar of the Namless and this mob will make you fall a sleep on your keyboard!

There is no challenge here, may be there was when the expansion was new but not anymore.
  14. Chrol Developer

Some minor changes to this fight to help speed it up next hotfix:
    • The adds that path to the braziers will do so faster
    • Verlixa's return effect is sped up after killing all the adds
    • Verlixa will only call adds 3 times. So 2 the first, then 3, and finally 4. No more 5-add pathing round
    • And while testing these changes, I discovered some of the braziers weren't set to insta-click, and were instead taking a few seconds after clicking to port to the next room. I double-checked all the braziers and verified they're all insta-clicks now.
    Xianthia, Whiomaju, Doomravin and 6 others like this.
  15. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Bows down to worship Chrol

Thank you :)

But does this mean I have to interrupt my coffee break?
  16. Perciful Active Member

Thank-You!
  17. Drona Well-Known Member

I normally take my bio break during that fight, oh well I will go back to using a bottle :p
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

See how there is text telling you which way they went in the solos, could we maybe have that in the heroics? I struggle to see where they go as it is and if you've sped them up I'm screwed LOL.

*Dies frequently in the solos to this mob*
  19. Suziekew New Member

Equipment fully broken twice fighting this one solo. In case no one noticed, there is no one else to click on the brazier and die. She says the bit about left, right, up, whatever. I click and BAM! so for every one of the adds who take off, I have to get through four deaths. I have used the repair bot twice but now I'm broken again and sitting here, just letting the merc wear her down. Otherwise, I've got two hours down the tube. What's the trick? I clicked the ones she said and died.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Run to the dais with her portal, and turn to face Verlixa. Fight her. When she sends out reflections, she will announce which brazier. In one of your chat windows, jot down the order. i.e., TOP, BK, L for top, back, left, etc.

Once she's done with the reflections, the braziers become clickable. Click the first brazier she mentioned. It ports you to a new room, kill the reflection there. Then click the next brazier Verlixa called out, it ports you, you kill the reflection, etc. Once you have killed all the reflections, there will be a circular portal at the front of the room. click that to go back to the main Verlixa room.

Now you DPS Verlixa a little more, and she does more reflections. Jot down the new order. Go thru the first brazier, kill reflection, etc as above.

In the solo, the first time she sends two reflections. Next time is three, and the last time it's four.

Note that the directions Verlixa calls out are as seen from the door looking into the room. You can always tell which end of the reflection rooms is front, because there's not a brazier there and there are braziers to the left and right on that end.

[IMG]
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.