Moonlight Enchantments Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

From moonlight enchantments only:

For sure the "Mature Blue Fungus". I was always asking for this item to be added and when it came out I was so said cuz was too big for all the projects I wanted. I was expecting it to be more like the size it is in the dungeons. I would love love love to have it scale down to size in dungeon or size that "Mature Purple Mushroom" scales down to. Second item I would want to scale smaller, not exactly a mushroom, but would love "Lichen Cone" to get smaller too. Existing other mushrooms from event on the big side are "Purple Cap Mushroom", "Scorched Parasol Mushroom", "Yellow Parasol Mushroom", and the 5 new mushrooms being added ("Chrysogena Fungus" scales okay). If we are talking more than Moonlight Enchantment mushrooms then I would have to spend some more time looking up all the names but seems like all new ones for last few years are rather big at minimum size.
    Finora, Kaitheel and Tekka like this.
  2. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

The dance option for the 3 new house pets "Gravel Sludgeling", "Grey Sand Sludgeling" and "
    Verdant Grass Sludgeling" doesn't work. I am guessing it will take a bunch of time to fix but could add list to other new house pets that have a broken dance option. I don't think I would ever need to see a sludge item do this sort of thing but Lera might. If time was spent on these items I would rather seem them just become plushies instead so they don't run off, don't sink into things, don't have to be heirloom and can stack.
    Kaitheel and Tekka like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I was so dang excited when I first heard we were getting new items at some point. I got so dang lucky cuz I saw the tweet the items were added like 7 minutes after it went out (I don't do twitter so it was VERY lucky I saw this). My jaw dropped when I saw just how many items got added. You have all been busy! LOVE the new items!!!!! Thanks so much! Maybe moonlight will be a trending topic or whatever they call it.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  4. Lera Well-Known Member

Dancing oozes? WAAAAAAANT.
  5. Gneaux Active Member

I think, that with all these new items we are getting, we either need an increase in tokens from the quests inside the grottos to say,, maybe 3 per,, OR can we at least have another day to extend their time so we can grind more tokens,, pretty please.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Kaitheel Developer

I'll be able to adjust the following items, so they can be reduced even smaller:
    • Scorched Parasol Mushroom
    • Yellow Parasol Mushroom
    • Purple Parasol Mushroom
    • Maldura Bar Shroom
    • Mature Blue Fungus
    • Purple Cap Mushroom
    • Lichen Cone
    The following items can already be reduced to match the size of those above:
    • Dying Thalumbral Mushroom
    • Azure Thalumbral Mushroom
    • Emerald Thalumbral Mushroom
    • Crimson Thalumbral Mushroom
    • Golden Thalumbral Mushroom
    ~ Kaitheel
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

That is fantastic news, thank you! :)

*sets out a plate of dev cookies*
    Faeonara, Rosyposy and Kaitheel like this.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

Oh, and the sludgeling house pets will be changed, but unfortunately, it requires the "Dance" option removed. Sorry, Lera.

~ Kaitheel
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, but while it's nice to have 'optimum' sizes so the textures look good, it'd be so awesome if most things had much bigger size sliders, from a decorator point of view.

There are lots of items I wish scaled bigger and smaller than they currently do. Much like the long hair option not being available because of "clipping issues", I'd rather have it available with warnings that it might not look good sometimes than not have it available at all.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

So, I bought everything, still missing the hive (you always get truckloads of those items when you don't need any and none when you need them).

The 5 crystals (amethyst, aventurine, gleamingtide, Khalee'Sri and Kyanite) sunk a little below the ground when placed (not sure it really maters but wanted to point it out).

I put them all down at default size in my opera house (medium homes, "New grotto items 2018", obviously on Test)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I found the beehive. I'm don't see a lot of difference between both beehives (if you put one upside down that is).
    Additionally, they're both really sunk into the wall when placed, I'm not % sure I agree with that. (I haven't decorated for a while, hence the "not sure" kind of comments I put in)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you to all who helped test this content and spread the word of these fun new items!

I plan on disabling the event tomorrow. It'll come back around on the 20 and 21.

~ Kaitheel
  13. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank YOU, Kaitheel, for being so willing to communicate with us and respond to feedback. It makes testing much easier when we have that level of back and forth.
    Lateana, Ocarinah, Finora and 3 others like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

What she said. Good communication builds great feedback :D
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel for everything you do for us.

On the topic of making things bigger or smaller, I would love to be able to put mushrooms the sizes of those in Lesser Faydark in my home. I think that is such a fantastic zone and with the Brownies and Satyrs having their questlines removed, its basically unused.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Just as a side-note, as I don't know that anything could/should be done with such an old established zone.

The lighting in the Enchanted Zygomid Grotto (Nek) is such that things examined in there look totally different shading-wise than they will in normal lighting. I was going back to redo all old grotto screenies to get a consistent size/look to the grotto pages, and noticed it. I had to re-buy some old stuff and bring it to EL for better preview shots. (Examples: large vesspyr grass, lavender hanging tendril, the leaves on the two lavender vesspry bellplants, small misty blueleaf sapling, mossy red mushrooms, mossy blue mushrooms.)
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Another random niggly -

Antonica (Enchanted Dryad Grotto)

The new "treespirit plushie" is, well, a treant.
    The "treespirit potion" on the same vendor, however, is the illusion that matches the "dryad plushie" that is a collection reward choice from there. (The "tainted treespirit potion" is the illusion that matches the "corrupted dryad plushie" from that same collection.)

Perhaps it might be time to rename those illusions so they match their plushies, instead of being confused with treant-stuff? :D
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Annnd, the same lighting issue can be found, if slightly less extreme, in the Enchanted Brownie Grotto in DLW. Several trees and plants look far, far darker than they should when examining within that zone.
  19. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

You do an amazing job! Seriously fabulous! Having response back is priceless. The fact that I see items people requested getting added is best feeling.
    Lateana, Kaitheel and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Kaitheel Developer

It won't be in time for the event's activation on live this month, but I'll get those names adjusted.

~ Kaitheel
    Juraiya, Seni and Rosyposy like this.