Moonlight Enchantments Feedback & Bugs - 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Moonlight Enchantments is active on Test (and it's not the 20th of the month)!

When Norrath's moons are in the right alignment and Tunare's magics permit it, normal mortals can gain access to the Moonlight Enchantment zones through arcane mushroom rings found in some forests of Norrath. Normally, this event only occurs once a month, on the 20th and 21st day of each month, but there's so many new items that I wanted to make sure you got a chance to test them all out!

New features for '18!
    • TLE servers:
      • Stormhold - All of the event is active!
      • Fallen Gate – All of the event is active!
    • New event merchant items –
      • Zygomyd Grotto – 18 items
      • Naiad Grotto – 6 items
      • Brownie Grotto – 9 items
      • Fay Grotto – 11 items
      • Dryad Grotto – 7 items
    • Chance to harvest "Honey Bee Hive" house item from beehives in Enchanted Fay Grotto.
    Please note: All of the scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (110). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

This event content begins on the twentieth of every month at 12:01 AM PDT time and concludes on the twenty-first of every month at 11:59 PM PDT time on the live servers.

Please post any feedback and bugs that you encounter with this event in this thread.

Thank you!

~Kaitheel
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

YAY!!!!

*dashes off to test the grottos*
    Alyndrys likes this.
  3. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Double YAY !! :)
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Um, FG had the grottos last month. Are they going back to not having them again? {confused}
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Is there any need for me to track what of the older stuff from the grottos does/does not stack, or shall I forget about it until the GU and the stacking mania? :D
  6. Kaitheel Developer

D'oh! No, they'll have it. I had written that summary weeks ago, before FG caught up. I'm editing my notes and the post now. Thank you!!

~ Kaitheel
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

No need to note the older stuff that doesn't stack (yet), but I'd like to know any of the new things that don't stack.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Short version: if you use alts that did Moonlight in March, you will see oddness. Don't bother bugging it - it is due to your zone timers.

Longer version: If you did the grottos on Test in March on a character, that character WILL see oddness if you're using them to run stuff right now (shinies missing, brownie dancers nekkid and can't finish quest, etc.) Don't stress it. Your zone timers won't reset until the proper moonlight time. You can still shop. If you run through quests now, those alts will then see oddness during the normal moonlight time of 4/20-4/21.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Febrith Well-Known Member

/faints with pleasure at the thought of all the new goodies - so many of them! Wheeee - thanks!:)
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The new houespets don't stack. I presume that is because they can be individually named, and stacking them would lose that. :)
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Can we get the special harvestables to stack higher?

I don't have enough braincells left to check the other two, but GFay is only stacking to 200 (fay blossom, grotto honey) and I'd bet the ones in Nek and DLW are similarly short stacks.
  12. Kaitheel Developer

I don't see why not. I see that "assorted seeds" (used in "Seasonal Blooms"), "festive vine flower" (used in "Festive Flowers") and "fern seeds" (used in "Naiad Aid") all have stacks of 20. Can you think of a reason why these would be such lower numbers? Should I increase their stack amount, too?

~ Kaitheel
  13. Kaitheel Developer

You are correct! I had asked about this recently... maybe I never posted the response, but it was following Bristlebane testing (I think that's when it was brought up), but no they will not be part of the stacking house items.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There are less than those in an entire zone, and you only need 6-8 of them for the quest. Anything extra gets nuked when you finish the quest, so there's no reason for those two stacks to go higher. But the stuff that we craft with is another story. (Some folks are getting the harvestable hive at the 20-30 honey mark, I quit at 257 and no hive,which is how I noticed the 200-stack issue :D)
    Kaitheel likes this.
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

You probably did have the response in there. I was in literal-minded testing mode, and was running off your request to note the only new things that didn't stack. :) I've finally paused long enough to have my first glass of caffeine for the day, and am firing on more cylinders now. :D

So far so good on placement and such of the new items. And ... wow ... just ... wow. So many happy squees!
    Kaitheel and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Tekka Well-Known Member

*sneaks in*

Really excited to see the new merchant items!

Even more excited to see the harvestable hive.

Note for the future: I know we have mushrooms and rock/crystals already, but would it be possible to get a harvestable shroom for the mushroom grotto that scales small, most of the ones we have are quite large.

Thank you, waiting (not so) patiently for the 20th.

*sneaks back out*
    Kaitheel and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oooh, testing to do *drools*

But tomorrow, saw the message way too late EU-time!

Thanks a lot for everything Kaitheel!
    Kaitheel likes this.
  18. Kaitheel Developer

I can always look at the current items to see if they can be made to scale smaller, without any detrimental affects. Do you have any specific mushroom house items in mind?

~ Kaitheel
    elflover and Tekka like this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

Scorched Parasol Mushroom, Yellow Parasol Mushroom, Purple Parasol Mushroom, Maldura Bar Shroom, Mature Blue Fungus.

Any and/or all of those that could scale down to the size of A Mushroom Circlet or even Touch of Arasai would be amazingly awesome.

Either way, thank you for having a peep at it :)

Edit: just went to see Niami's eyecandy, also all of those mushrooms!
    Kaitheel and Ocarinah like this.
  20. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

For the record, Kaitheel, these new items caused such an excitement in the /test and /antonia_bayle.homeshow channels that within 5 minutes of me posting the link to the finished page, they caused my site to first give load/timeout errors, then crash and reboot. {muffled giggle} We came back up just fine, but there was THAT much excitement and enthusiasm, which is lovely to see.