Suggestions for Deity Altar Embellishments

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Aelfan, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Aelfan Active Member

I am building a Pantheon for my toons, somewhere that all of the Norrathian deities can be found. I have an altar for each deity, or in fact two, the decorative one and the imbued one essentially in the same space (why the imbued one doesn't have the sparkly bits a decorative one has I don't know, but it's one way around it). I am embellishing the niche for each deity with appropriate gewgaws, but I am getting rather stumped for Quellious and Rodcet Nife. Does anyone have any ideas for objects that might be associated with either of these two? They are starting to look rather sad when compared to everyone else, especially the ones with festivals!
    [IMG]
    This is my main carpenter on Majdul, Karasu, with the Karana altar.
  2. Merriel Well-Known Member

If you would like to see what I did in my HDE17 house on Maj'dul server, visit HDE17 Saving Norrath (by Daemora) #67 in the HoF under Newly Published. It is a Rodcet Nife themed house and is a very quick one room visit.
  3. Aelfan Active Member

Thanks! Those Adamantine lamps were just the thing!
    Rosyposy and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

Glad I could be of help. :)
    Aelfan and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Aelfan Active Member

Now I would say that the Tribunal looks the most uninteresting!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They're the "judges" sort, right? Hmm...something with hammers, or that so-called "gavel" weapon you could put on a mannequin (which, btw, looks like a frickin' meat tenderizer...one slam of that on a judges' bench, and the court would be cleared from all the lethal shrapnel), or even the various scales house items we have? ;->

Uwk
    Karamella, Merriel and Aelfan like this.
  7. Aelfan Active Member

I put the L&L hammer (can't remember who it was for) and a set of scales on top of the niche. It looked fine at first, but then I got working on everyone else! The pic I put in the original post for Karana is not now the most attention-getting altar, and it is better than the Tribunal. Maybe they are meant to be dull? Who wants fun and exciting judges anyway?
  8. Aelfan Active Member

Here is the Main Hall from the entrance.[IMG]
  9. Aelfan Active Member

I seem to be having problems getting more than one pic in a post! Here is the Tribunal next to Bristlebane, who I am thinking will get further augmentations in April!
    [IMG]
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Judges next to Bristlebane...deliberate juxtaposition? ;->

And are you arranging them by alignment? Good on one side, Evil on the other, Neutral in the middle?

Uwk
    who'd still love for Prexus to be available as a Neutral deity... :)
    Stormy, Aelfan and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hey, that place looks pretty fantastic, Aelfan. You will have to let us know when you publish it so we can come tour it and vote. I have yet to build my deity 'tabernacle', but I do have some idea's for what I am going to do, hehe. <eg>
    Aelfan and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Aelfan Active Member

I'm afraid the Main Hall is rather random arrangement of Good and Middling, Evil have their own side-chapel! My most frequently followed deities are Tunare and Erolisi (also once not available for following), and they have their own side chapels all to themselves. This is Erolisi after some work tonight:
    [IMG]
    Stormy, Karamella, Febrith and 3 others like this.
  13. Aelfan Active Member

I found out that the Tribunal has six members, each with hammers, so I placed 6 hammers, one for each. Starting to look a bit more respectable!

By the way, I am posting things from a blog I have started initially as a platform to post to this forum, but am now posting more images there as I develop this and probably other decorating projects: https://aelfan.blogspot.ca/
    [IMG]
    Stormy, elflover, Karamella and 4 others like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have a chapel dedicated to Erollisi Marr:
    [IMG]

At the back of the chapel is a shrine to her brother, Mithaniel Marr:
    [IMG]
    Stormy, elflover, Karamella and 3 others like this.
  15. Aelfan Active Member

Nice!

This is my Mithaniel Marr:
    [IMG]
    elflover, Sigrdrifa, Febrith and 2 others like this.
  16. Aelfan Active Member

I was playing my toon Rhyannwn on Halls of Fate this evening and noted that she did quite a good job of embellishing her altar to Mithaniel Marr! Unfortunately it will be months before I can get these heroic sculptures again!
    [IMG]
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I love those! Only have two of them, but yeah, they're most impressive. :)

Uwk
    Aelfan likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And I see you use DeviantArt.com as well! I love them for many reasons.

I hear rumors you can also post videos there... :D

Uwk
    Sigrdrifa and Aelfan like this.
  19. Aelfan Active Member

Indeed, I have a Deviantart "presence", so to speak. I was wondering about videos, for sharing houses that is. I think I will try the blog first, though! I am working on a house based on some of the things I have seen in Deviantart with my lone "Evil" decorator, a den of iniquity in Freeport.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I do, still, sort of, though I was a lot more active "back in the day," as they say. All my screenshots can be found there. :)

Uwk
    Aelfan likes this.