Mounts in CoV

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by HuCa, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The OP has two options. They can hide mounts, or they can convince all players that use the hide mounts option to use an appearance mount that is suitable to them.
    Which do you think would be more successful?

I actually think what the OP is asking for is for mounts to be automatically hidden in CoV.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

...and just to re-affirm the fact that using [Never Show] to Render Mounts does NOT prevent the "buff" the mounts afford; it just prevents one from constantly seeing them.
    The mount is instantly available in a flyable zone just by pressing the [Space] bar to jump.
    Alenna likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Give us the ability in the character screen to Hide mounts instead of making us 'find' the option to hide mounts for the entire account in the game options, and maybe people wouldn't complain so much about this. It's not even intuitive as to where to find the 'hide mount' option in options.

We can hide our helmets or our hoods, we can 'show' our cloak or melee weapons or ranged weapon, we can hide our illusion forms...all with a simple selection in the character screen, so why do we have to go through such a difficult process and jump through hoops to 'hide mounts'? I really think adding an option in the character screen would eliminate 99% of these complaints. Make it easy to turn mount visibility on or off.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

That's a great suggestion.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Add a checkbox for Hide Other's Pet/Familiars would go a LONG way to also alleviating lag and clutter.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

And mercs, fluff pets, and ponies.

I've never understood why a player would need to have up a merc, fluff pet, pony, goblin, and combat pet all at the same time. And I've seen it.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I can see why mercs and combat pets need to be seen, but all the others... :eek:
    Merriel likes this.
  8. Microdeath Member

You are forgetting the people who have combat pet, diety pet, fluffy pet, familiar, pack pony, goblin and merc up. I think people need to realize having all this stuff up, what huge lag issues and problems it cause. Or they do not care at all!
    ConcealFate, Juraiya and Merriel like this.
  9. Microdeath Member

10. Microdeath Member

11. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Given that, I will make an educated guess of at least 85%, of the population plays with mounts set to never show, chances are they don't even realize they ARE on top of an NPC, because it doesn't render on their screen. Why? Because they have it set to not see it if they're not flying. Given that the Coliseum is like a giant meet and greet location, I can understand the request for hiding a mount like a guild hall. However, that is a ton of extra coding, and considering folks were tearing apart the devs for a late tradeskill line, I don't see this as being a high priority anywhere on the list. Either hide the mounts while inside, or sulk and wade through the massive amount of digital data to get to what you're looking for. Sorry, there's really not a better option than hiding it while inside. Join the bandwagon of hidden mounts, get over it, and get back to enjoying the game for everything else that's there.
    Argosunited and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Merriel Well-Known Member

You say 'a ton of extra coding' but the coding already exists...all they have to do is make some minute changes to it, implementing it specifically for the location, and it's done. It doesn't take all that long to copy already existing coding over to where it needs to go and make the minor changes that need to be made to it, for them to fix it. Honestly, they could have avoided the years and years of complaints to begin with, simply by adding these options to the character screen from the start. Again, the coding already exists...it shouldn't be that difficult to implement the minor changes that would need to be made to add these options to the character screen.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

QFT.
  14. Evilnok Active Member

Because pets give boost stats + shrink the player..atleasts the baby cow does and mercs act as a grp member...that is why most keeps merc active along with certain pets that are very helpful and give an edge to fighting mobs/running instances
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Except that people do this in non-adventuring areas, like the Frostfell Wonderland, and the various cities. And they keep these pets/mounts/mercs up and standing on quest givers, or NPCs like Santa Glug.

I think someone was right in that some of these people are griefing. We'll never be able to convince them to stop, because those people enjoy annoying others. We should, however, be allowed to turn off the visuals for these, unless they're actually in combat. We really don't need to see them, and some people would probably prefer not to.

And you are never going to convince me that they keep fluff pets up for the same reason. There is absolutely no reason a fluff pet is ever needed in combat.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

So instead of making it where everyone can just fix the change easily in game without having to do an extensive search for a fix, one must take time to search through options, wonder where they can change things and not finding it because it's not located in a spot that would be intuitive to finding it, then research the forums to see if they can find the answer there, then make a macro that will be lost the next time they have to reset their UI, then they have to research the forums again to find the macro to make again. Which will then instigate a vast number of more complaints, because it's not easily fixed with a check in a box on the character screen where it would very easily and very quickly taken care of.

From a business perspective, I'd think DBG would want to make this sort of change easy and painless for their customers and reduce/eliminate the number of complaints being received about this issue. Obviously, from the number of complaints that have been and still are posted in these forums over the past several years, it is an issue.

From a customer perspective, I'd like to know the company cares enough to hear our complaints and 'fix' the issue. There are just simply some things a company needs to do, even if it means pulling someone off that next expansion for a short bit of time.

As I stated before, the coding already exists, so it really shouldn't take very long for them to implement a fix.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Juraiya like this.
  17. Evilnok Active Member

this is why I order my pet/merc to stay near a wall where there are no NPC's when I am selling or hitting the bank and accepting quests and always move away/out of the area when done so others can see the NPC etc.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Do you dismiss your merc and pets and everything everytime you run over to talk to an NPC? I know I don't. I don't do it to grief anyone, I do it because I'm not going to be there that long and I already stand back as far from an NPC as I can and still get them to respond to me.

I personally keep fluff pets up on some characters because I LIKE them. It's how I want to play (much like those people who like to have mounts on so they can see it or how many of us use appearance gear that is totally unlike what we actually have equipped for stats). I do have to say I don't typically raid or group and if I do I ditch most things. I'm not going to dismiss everything just to walk over to a quest npc for 30 seconds though. If I'm going to be there longer taking up space, I do tend to park them somewhere out of the way, but if I'm not going to be there long, I'm not going to turn them off just to have to go back out and turn them all back on again.
    Argosunited likes this.
  19. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

you know, the EASIEST fix available, which would satisfy EVERYONE,...

[CHECK BOX] Show Other's Mercs/Pets/Familiars/Mounts

problem fixed.

The owner then is the only one who SEES their entourage,
    and everyone else is spared from being forced to see other's vanities.
    I personally would pay a reasonable amount of Loyalty Coin or DBC to have this function.
    Juraiya, Rosyposy and Finora like this.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I’d prefer there was a simpler built in way too, but at the moment there is not. I didn’t know the macro, now I do. The way I see it is that players can keep complaining, or they can use what’s available.