Mounts in CoV

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by HuCa, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Sorry Rosy, I guess my post wasn't clear. I'm suggesting the OP hide mounts. I always have mounts hidden.

I do however refuse to dismount in CoV as I don't want to lose stats.
    Daelini and Rosyposy like this.
  2. HuCa Member

I AM NOT attacking fellow players as you put it. I am only making it obvious to all that the big mounts are causing an issue when certain players with them cause a problem with portal access or NPC access in CoV. The point of my post was to get the point across to the Dev's and players that it was an issue and all we (NOT just me) get told ingame when we comment is to "Hide mount". Like I said in my posts it was obvious with having such big mounts brought into game and then small portals in CoV for PQ'S that this would cause problems with players. I have NOT told anyone they are rude , I said it was ignorant of some whom seem to deliberately cause the problem and since people have commented ingame in chats about the problem it appears more started doing rather than less. HOWEVER after doing my orignal post yesterday it seems at least players are now aware of the problem as there didnt seem to be so many with big mounts standing exactly on the spawn spot for the evening and nighttime PQ's. (could be just coincidence but I like to think positive and believe people are starting to listen at last). Until Dev's do switch CoV to be more like dungeons and Guild Halls (were mounts dont show at all) YES there is hide mounts but many like to see their mounts even when stood still, thats doesnt me we have to cause issues for others by being right on the spot for portal spawns or directly ontop of NPC'S Does it.
    Heijo likes this.
  3. HuCa Member

Nobody is saying for players to actually dismount what was said is that CoV should be made like Dungeons and Guild HAlls where mounts are automatically hidden when you zone in. This doesnt mean you dismount it just means mounts dont show in zone. You dont dismount to go into a Guild hall but inside you dont have mounts showing and thats all that was meant with CoV to be change to that system as in mounts hidden when people are in the zone. Mounts hidden doesn't stop you having the benefits from them. That way people wont keep commenting in chats about how mounts block their access to things and poeple wont have to keep changing their setting for that one zone (those who like to see their mounts that is). Alot of people do have mounts hidden but alot also don't.
    Heijo likes this.
  4. HuCa Member

Telling someone to "sod off" is not a polite way to respond to them is it or calling them a baby either. Yes if you have mounts hidden they dont show unless moving and if you actually took time to notice when in CoV the bigger mounts actually causing the problem is the ones that stay flying even when they arent actually moving around and are sat right on the spot of an NPC or PQ portal spawn spot.
    I am far from being a baby, for all you know I could be old enough to be your mother....... and if thats how you speak to people on here I dread to think how you speak to people in RL.
    Heijo likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Seems to be calling other people rude, even though you don't use the word. Your post was hostile towards other players.

Heck, I even use wings and don't stand on portals so your comments aren't directed at me, your post is just not constructive and adds to the negative atmosphere around these forums.

Sprinkling your post with comments about other players in capitals just makes the post look like a tantrum.

Helpful hint for the next time, make your post less hostile. As they say, more bees with honey than vinegar.

Example:

"Mounts seem to have gotten larger and larger and in COV it's become an issue because people sometimes stand on the small PQ portals. Devs, it'd be great if you made COV like guildhalls and dungeons where mounts just do not show automatically. We can't fly in there anyway, there isn't much point for mounts to show and it would save people like me from having to using hide mounts when we'd rather just keep mounts on. Thanks!"

Says everything that is important without the hostility. You could also send it as a feedback in game, they do read those.

I'll even send a feedback for you in game.
    Juraiya and Unayan like this.
  6. HuCa Member

The part you quoted me on here is a polite way on wording how many of us feel some players in the game are behaiving and hence why I put it at the end of my original post. You only have to take the time to observe some peoples antics ingame to notice it. Its those people who are causing the bad atmosphere ingame not posts on forums. My actions on here is purely expressing how many of us feel ....and Just because it is me whom posted it in the first place doesn't mean others arent also feeling the same way. All that it is meant to do is put word out how many of us feel about the situation and hoping if the Dev's cannot solve the problem quickly then players are made aware of it and assist ingame to help ease the problem by having the knowledge to stand slightly away from the actual spawn spot and npc's so all can click and access them :)
    Heijo likes this.
  7. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

I have read this thread and I even can sympathize with it , but in all honesty its not really a 'mount' problem , first its not any kind of accident that so often the largest character with the largest possible mount is parked on just the npc that is most patronized by the player base at that moment .
    I'm honestly not entirely sure what to call it , bullying ? rudeness? vandalism ? vanity ?

In the real world we know that once we pump our gas we pay and move the car.. not lock it up and go eat , leaving it to block the pump, we know what would happen shortly after that.
    But in game players speak to an npc and decide to go afk leaving the character standing in place, if you wouldn't do that at the bank or store , don't do that in game.
    Having the largest possible or smallest possible character is also a choice made by the player, nothing about our characters is an accident , each and everyone is lovingly made down to what mount we want to show off to the other players. and I do like to see all the wonderful mounts , but not on top of the npc or portal or chest I need to click or speak to or loot.

I think what this entire thread is Really Asking, .. please just take those 10 steps to the left or right or up or any place but right there at the front of the line or que ,what ever you call it . you got your update or loot now just take a couple steps over , you'd do it in the real world .. why not here ?
    Heijo likes this.
  8. Evilnok Active Member

it's not just COV...its other zones as well like Qeynos and Freeport,esp around the banker/selling vendor...I have kindly asked those players to A either dismiss the mount or move out of the building or away from the NPC's so others can see them and able to click them w/o actually targeting another player instead...it's fine if your an arasai/fae But if your a giant race like human...its a bit of a pain to try and see/tab/click these NPC's to sell/store loot etc.
    Heijo likes this.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Make 2 Macros;

/suspend_mount_mode 2 - This will hide all mounts.
    /suspend_mount_mode 0 - This will always show mounts.

Click the corresponding one when required.

I'm not going to change my mount/appearance just because you want to always see your own mount or whatever.

What next, lets stop anybody playing an Ogre because they are blocking my view being too big.
    Argosunited likes this.
  10. Evilnok Active Member

I didn't say anything about changing mounts/appearance,just that the races like humans need to either leave the area or dismount while visiting an NPC like the banker so others can see em as well and able to click em instead of the other player nearby as it just blocks the view when they go near em while on a mount like a horse or dragon that is large
    Heijo likes this.
  11. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Agreed. The people with the gigantic mounts that feel it necessary to stand right on top of the zone in or npc are akin to someone who sits directly in front of you at the movie theatre.....and you are the only two there (before stadium seating of course lol )
    Heijo likes this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I hate to once again be the bearer of bad news, but the people who regularly stand on things other players need to access aren't doing it out of ignorance. They are most likely doing it to be annoying. No amount of posting is going to make those people stop. Most players aren't stupid nor kids who don't know better. Unfortunately some of them are a donkey's behind and do this sort of thing just to get a rise out of people.

And if that's is a "polite" way of wording something, I'd hate to see you actually being rude.
    Argosunited, Rosyposy and ConcealFate like this.
  13. Evilnok Active Member

I use wings as well..so I agree with you and support you 100% with this post
    Heijo likes this.
  14. Daelini Active Member

I play mostly Aerkyn (however it is spelled) so I don't have mounts either, just wings. If others people's mounts bother you so much or are impeding your play then choose to hide them. No one has to capitulate to you when you have an option to make it where you don't see the issue. Hide mounts in options, if you cannot be bothered to do that...well, go cry in a corner because no one else cares. We do not exist to serve you...fix yourself
  15. Marae Well-Known Member

So: One side says, "Why should I have to hide mounts just because you want to park your huge mount on top of the banker/crafting station/PQ portal?"

The other side says, "Why should I have to move out of the way or dismount just because you don't want to hide mounts?"

It seems to me that what is needed in these situations is common courtesy, and common sense. If you're in a very crowded area, it makes sense to reduce your footprint if possible. And if a player is inconveniencing other players, it seems to me that the person doing the inconveniencing should be the one to change. It's not that one side wants the other to "serve" or "capitulate." In order to co-exist pleasantly, or at least peacefully, either in the game or in the real world, we all have to be willing to bend at times. And if other players "don't care" that their mounts are a problem, then that is a problem.

I think the real issue here is players' lack of regard for other players. This is a "me-first" attitude, and it makes the game less enjoyable for everyone. It's worth bearing in mind that it's not only players who sometimes have an issue with mounts. On more than one occasion, I've heard Guides request that players picking up a popular quest dismount to reduce lag and make it easier for people in the area to interact. I don't believe anyone has considered that to be an unreasonable request.

If a player prefers to keep their large mount's appearance, then the reasonable and courteous thing for them to do is to be careful not to block other players, move promptly out of the way in the event that they do, or even dismount where practical.

Likewise, those of us whom they inconvenience should also be flexible depending on circumstances, willing to assume good intent, and willing to hide mounts on occasion - after all, that person parked on top of the banker might have been called away in real life suddenly and unexpectedly.

There are many situations both in and out of game where people's preferences are going to conflict. The sane way to deal with that kind of disagreement is for both parties to have the willingness to bend a bit and try to make it a bit easier for each other. It's give and take, and often, being willing to be the first to give. If everyone made the effort to treat their fellow players with courtesy and respect, we would all benefit. It makes the game more fun when people are nice to each other.
    Heijo and Juraiya like this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

The thing is when you've had mounts hidden for countless years, you don't even think to dismount.
    And tbh I think common sense would be to hide mounts if it really annoys you as much as it seems to annoy the OP.

It's such an easy fix for the OP. Make a macro, hotbar it, hide mounts when in small spaces. Fixed.
    Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  17. Andrea Member

All he's really asking is for people to not go afk on top of an npc. Especially the npc everybody uses all day. If you're on a mount or not, people shouldn't do that.
    Juraiya and Heijo like this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

No they shouldn't, but you can't fix stupid.
    I know some people do do it on purpose, but some that hide mounts, are probably just unaware.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

Argo you have an Appearance slot for your mount for just that reason you do not have to have a huge mount showing if you want to show a mount so you won't be losing stats if you use the apperance slot to help those who don't want to have to try adn get around huge mounts or characters to interact with portals or NPCs. granted we do have hide mounts but your post here showed you were ill informed.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

Argo she is not asking you to dismount you have an appearance slot for your mount you can use a small less intrusive mount in the appearance slot and not loose your stats.