Randomize public quests

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wizzle, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Wizzle New Member

• Planes of Prophecy public quests now randomize the order in which they activate once per day.
    Stop it as soon as possible please. I do not have enough time to be able to do either PQ available every day; and I do not want to waste time on PQs that I do not want to do. I want to choose which PQ I want to do and the schedule this one is up to. So please put back the PQ on fixed schedules.
    Ratza and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  2. Ratza Well-Known Member

Agree
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

There are people who wanted them to be random! If you have fixed play time then you were forced to do the same PQ every single day and now imagine doing shard of hate as the your only option then!

Plus I am lead to believe this is bug fix, PQs were always random and that broken with the introduction of shard of hate and they are fixing that now.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Actually, the PQs were not random, they always cycled in the same order. But with only 3, that means that the times they happened cycled. With 4 PQs in the cycle, 3 hrs apart, they ended up at the same time every day.
    Drona likes this.
  5. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

I would think going back to a set rotation would work if they changed the 3hr to a 2hr schedule. The extra PQ's each day would help people with limited playtime.
    Argosunited and Mermut like this.
  6. EmJay Well-Known Member

I like them randomized. It's all for the coins and doesn't matter which one I do.. And I do agree with the folks that were stuck doing the same one everyday because of work or personal time constraints. They should have the opportunity to do them all, especially Shard of Hate.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The problem with completely random is that you can't plan on the ones you want or avoid the ones you don't want.. ie it's harder to plan.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

I like them being randomized. When they were 'fixed', the only one I could do was Ro and I really don't like that PQ. I prefer Innovation and Disease, but they were not available to do for me, when they became fixed. I'm sure it was the same for many others who would like to be able to participate in all of them. I can't plan for them with them randomized, but I can show up and if it's one I want to do, I'll do it, and if it's one I don't want to do, I'll move onto something else.
  9. Jhen Ro Active Member

Also like the random - maybe if you could find out which ones are going when on a day? Give Doctor Arcana an assistant npc you can hail that will tell you the schedule of events for the day. Or even if the npc just said, "I think (Shard of Hate) is coming up next..."
    Merriel, Juraiya and Mermut like this.
  10. EmJay Well-Known Member

I understand what completely random means. lol I already gave the reason why it doesn't matter to me which one I do. And the way it is now, people with limited play time have a chance at doing different PQs.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

For people that DO care which PQ they do, totally random does make things more difficult. I think the suggestion of having Doctor Arcana tell people which the next PQ is going to be would be a good compromise.
    semisus and Merriel like this.
  12. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I'll bring up the idea of announcing the PQ schedule at our next meeting. I think it's an excellent idea, but I'm not sure what the background code that controls that system looks like and how easy it is to interface with. I can't make any promises that it's something we'll be able or have time to do, but I'll definitely investigate a bit.
    Alenna, Meneltel, Alejo and 4 others like this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I was pleasantly surprised that the two PQ's that I catch when I'm on, are still the same.

Halls of Fate - ASDT
    6PM Innovation
    9PM Disease
  14. Gninja Developer

They aren't completely random. They will always be in the same order. For example, If Innovation starts at 3 pm then the Disease one will always follow at 6 pm. The part that adds the randomness is the first PQ zone that is picked at the beginning of the day is completely random. After that PQ starts though, the order is locked in for the rest of the day.
    Meneltel, Alejo, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  15. Chrol Developer

Next hotfix, Dr. Arcana, when hailed, will give a hint (a very obvious one) as to what the next PQ will be.
    Lucus, Quillyne, Mermut and 1 other person like this.
  16. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Donkey shins, on behalf of all who do them! *giggles at my mangled German*
  17. semisus Does not play this game

how does the list work ?, so innovation- disease - solusek and then hate? or is it innovation - disease - hate and then solusek?
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

Thank you for your communication. and letting us know you are investigating the possibility.
  19. Kahling Member

It happens that it is very important which PQ you do as the SOH one is the only one that has a chance to award celestial teachings so is THE one I want to do if I do a PQ. I would do every single one I could if they all had this chance in the reward box and I wouldn't care which one I did as I like the all equally.
  20. EmJay Well-Known Member

The rotation is Innovation, Disease, Sol Ro, and then Shard. The pq that starts a new day, so to speak, seems to be the evening one at 7 p.m.cst or now it's 8 p.m. cst because of moving clocks ahead. Next one on Maj'Dul will be at 2 p.m. cst and should be Innovation.