This is perhaps an all time LOW for DB

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Katzandra, Feb 28, 2018.

1. semisus Does not play this game

New Green adorns would be awesome!
    Also today i got a lesser fragment of planar energy as a secondary reward other was infuser! Please get rid of these!
    Recipes to craft orange adorns versions of Relentless conviction/bolster attributes/ etc would be nice
    Cyan recipes? i would like to replace my Panda versions
  2. semisus Does not play this game

They dont have a huge agro range, you can get pretty close to a mob before they agro ( im 110 but dont think that matters )
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what Jhen Ro says.
    I will have to run through the questline again to have more thoughts on that since I haven't had the patience to do it on a 3rd character yet. But I can get behind pretty much everything Jhen Ro said about it.

The rewards? Now that I can talk about.

• For the pony, I like the appearance option, it's good fluff. However, forget making the existing pack pony randomly harvest stuff. I imagine it's pretty cool for higher level adventurers who do the questline, since they can have it out and have the pony stuff things in their pockets while they are fighting and what not. However, as someone who has one character that actually really try to kind of keep up with adventuring on, the pony "upgrade" is almost useless. I won't spend enough time in POM on most of my characters after the TS signature to even bother casting the pony other than to pick up the harvests it will actually collect (like the holiday harvestables, that was a great quest reward there).

Personally, I feel an actual buff adding more bountiful harvest & + to rare harvest would be far far superior to the pony occasionally tossing 2-10 harvests in my bag. Not to mention just having the pony (and guild harvesters) to just have the ability to go out and harvest the PoM harvests like he did for previous tiers.

• That brings me to the guild harvesters. Much like the pony, it'd be awfully nice if they'd actually do the job we pay them for. I was waiting to see if they were changed, but at this point, I think I'm just going to fire them. They don't do the job we pay them for, why keep them around? Useless guild hall amenity now. I can stock the depot with all the other tiers on my own if necessary, np unless someone goes nuts.

• The Tome of the Planes.
      Great item...if you are a level 110 adventurer. Absolutely useless to anyone else. Also has zero crafting or even harvesting stats. Take a page out of the book from Terrors of Thalumbra. The quest itself gave a equipable offhand item with some crafting stats & the clicky fuel merchant effect, useful for a crafter if not earth shattering. As an added bonus a good level 100 offhand item was given as a reward for that quest as well. It had decent adventure stats for the time AND had some TS stats as well as the clicky fuel merchant effect. Reward was useful for both those at the level cap and for those below.
      KA(imo) was a step backwards in a couple of respects (status reward for the crafting quest was based on adventure level for example), but the mount did have harvesting stats and crafting stats and the cloak had crafting stats. Both could be used by any crafter high enough in CRAFTING levels to do the quest.

For this one, just do like the Thalumbra on and give us recipes for 2 versions. Throw some crafting stats on them both and make one have only the crafting stats and equipable by anyone who is 110 in CRAFTING. That leaves a nice bonus for those who do both adventuring and crafting while not leaving crafters out in the cold.

• Familiar. Once again, he's nice enough. Thanks for listening to the testers on that one. It's a nice bonus for those who didn't get the TS beta familiar. Extra bonus is this one is useful for all levels since the stats scale.
    • Bonus bag to hold harvests. That is nice for me. Frees up the bag I always kept before for harvests.

However, like it was said before: crafter =/= harvester crafter =/= adventurer adventurer =/= harvester
    You need to make such a long and sometimes tedious quest, feel like the effort was worth it for all crafters, even if they aren't high level adventurers. The rewards did not do that for me. I seriously doubt any more of my alts are going to do it until they are closer to 110 and can actually get some use out of the rewards.
    Something the current devs need to understand is this. Making the crafting quest rewards equipable only by level 110 adventurers, locking crafting achievements behind doing herioc content, does not make crafters WANT to do it. Some will, b because they already play to do both parts. Many just won't bother and some of those will just drift away because there is nothing left for them because they don't play for the adventure part of the game and they aren't getting rewarded for playing their part of the game anymore.

I am absolutely not opposed to giving bonus goodies to those who do everything, however they should be just that, bonus. A person who is level 45 adventurer and level 110 crafter ought to feel like they got a good reward at the end for their troubles.
    Juraiya, Febrith, Alenna and 10 others like this.
  4. Dinglesnort New Member

15 years of precedent in an adventure/tradeskilling/decorating/roleplaying game maybe?
  5. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

That's horse crap I can name tradeskill lines that put you on timers with epic mobs around you. Don't try to sell that, you know it's bull, tradeskill lines have always had something you needed to actually move around for. And please don't think 15 years of eq type games is experience for all mmorpgs, because it is beyond not the same.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Very true Twin, but they were the exception not the rule. And while it is true that there is TS content you could consider raid content, it was focused on raiders and gave raider rewards.

I fall on Finora's side in my opinion on the current TS content. I can say that my play time in the last two - three months can be counted in a few hours. I'm so upset about the lack of orange replacement recipes for the important purple adornments and the refusal (with no good reason) of our developers to add the distillation recipe, that I don't feel like playing.

I've been a subscriber since 2004 (and when I couldn't subscribe due to SOE's crappy payment system, I faithfully bought Kronos). I've also bought only collector editions of every expac that has come out since game release.

And this is the first time I'm actually thinking about unsubscribing and quitting the game for good.

If DBG has enough whales to make up for my constant steady payment to them, then more power to them. If not, may they go with god... because I'm not willing to continue to support a game that I'm not having fun in.
    Juraiya, Febrith, Alenna and 10 others like this.
  7. knine Well-Known Member

They have in like 50 other posts.. It shouldn't take 3-5 mins each combine.. if we miss a counter then sure, that's the point of exploding or losing items, but to sit there 3-5 mins each... that is NOT fun at all, and those of us who have alts.. well we have to do it for that awesome tome :)

Guild harvesters to do what guild harvesters were put in for.. not give me a quest reward for doing their job..
    Pack ponies to be put back the way they were.. make us complete the line to make them work as "normal".. worth it, even though majority of us were/are 110 before we even started the TS line
    New orange adorn recipes instead of making us only be able to get them via RNG.. lots of toons to feed in guild and with them as rare as they are its crazy to think even all the guild toons will have them by the next expansion when you decide to change colors of slots yet again
    New green adorns would be good..
    Lots of posts above listed many good things.. hopefully you all will look at putting a lot of things back to the way their were before and what's being asked of you..
    Juraiya, Febrith, Kheldar and 5 others like this.
  8. Ashwind Member

I was disappointed that there was no distillation recipe for powders/manas from the ts line, felt sure they would be part of the ts line
    Febrith, Kheldar, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  9. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

Here's what I'd like to see for tradeskilling rewards
    • new recipe for a Crafting version of the Tome of Planes which has a planar combine time reduction on it
    • Celestial Teachings added
    • replace infusers with limited-use recipes on TS dailies/weekly
    • add new limited-use recipes (Heirloom product results for alts, please!) for:
      • green adorns
      • orange rune sets
      • orange war runes
      • distillations & dilutions
    Since we require planar quintessences for current limited-use recipes, perhaps this currency could also be added as part of mission rewards?
    Juraiya and Kheldar like this.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I'll start my post by saying that I solo, duo, group, and raid, but I'm also a crafter/harvester.

Give me a reason to want to do daily tradeskills every day on my 8 crafters. As it is, I'm only doing 3 a week for the weekly quest, and then I skip Hate and Storms days. Heck, give me a reason to finally make a 9th crafter, and I'll make a sage. Perhaps an Achievement reward with an awesome reward and title for having all 9 tradeskillers on your account? (This is where people who run more than one account and have their crafters spread out will complain about this idea).

Weaponsmiths and Woodworkers are pretty much useless. GIve us sword/dagger/wand/bow/staff recipes that break down into Planar Weapons Essences. As someone who harvested a ton early on, and am now doing the daily harvesting quests on 8 toons 3-4 times a week, I have A TON of harvest rares that I will never use.
    • As an example: let me make a bow from 2 storm ent heartwoods, 2 strands of ether, and 2 cnidcara hides. Once that bow is made, I can then break it down into a Planar Weapons Essence like any bow that I've gotten from solo/heroic/raid zones.
    Now the daily crafting zones feedback:
    • I don't do Hate because of having to do 4 long combines. Doing all the harvesting and and dodging 1 shot mobs is fine, but the 4 combines needs to be 1 combine. Perhaps give us an ability in the zone to stun the mobs in the zone for a few seconds? There are just a tad bit too many mobs floating around and hiding in the branches. They don't render very quickly, so it's easy to walk into them as they path by you. Heck get rid of the floating mobs, and just keep ground spawns, and it's perfect.
    • Storms is just too much mindless running around. It's the exact opposite of Hate. It's like having to run line drills in high school sports and doing the Hokey Pokey at the same time. The only real challenge is finding that blasted bucket on track. Drop the 2 combines down to 1.
    • Innovation is a good mix of Hate and Storms: interactive and having to focus on not getting killed, which makes the running around not so bad. Having 3 combines is a bit too much; drop it down to 1.
    • Flames is also a good mix of harvesting, evading 1 shot mobs, and doing 1 long combine. Only gripe I have is that fishing for the magma has line of sight issues, and if you're not careful, you'll walk into the lava.
    • Disease is fine the way it is, so no suggested changes. Harvesting, blowing up mobs that stun you but don't kill you, and 1 long combine.
    • Sounds like you have a plan for Molten Throne. I liked doing that during the quest, and the option to make the item to fix the bridge path or being able to jump over the gaps should still be available options.
    If you are going to keep the length of the combines as long as they are in the daily zones, then update the Tradeskill Apprentices, so they do CURRENT CONTENT daily combines. Get rid of the harvest rewards from the Apprentices, and have them spit out just potions (my stash of Potion of Progress and Potion of Innovation is pretty much gone, thanks to these 5 minute combines). If you want to let the Apprentices research the orange rune recipes (and still dropping in solo/heroic/raid zones), that would be great.

If the Apprentices are not going to be updated to PoP-level recipes, then all recipes should put on a merchant, and then we have to buy those recipes with reward tokens that we get from doing daily/weekly tradeskill quests. Still let orange adorns drop in solo/heroic/raid zones, but also give crafters a way to get the recipes by doing daily/weekly quests. If you make orange adorn recipes as daily/weekly rewards, at least make those recipes heirloom and "smart loot" (As in, if your account already has the recipe to make Firmament of Passion, then that recipe will no longer drop as a quest reward).

Heck, now that I think about it...just update the Apprentices to be able to research and then make the current PoP-level orange recipes. The orange adorns (Ascension, Firmament, Foundation) should be like they were in the previous purple version, and should have been crafter-made.

Distillations and dilutions (so we can turn powders into frags, infusions into manas, etc)

Mechanical Travel Gear should also work for tradeskillers who have completed the tradeskill questline. My crafter alts need to get to Valor just as quickly as my adventuring character.

Give provisioners a level 110 combine that makes a drink to pair up with the Matron's Cobbler.
    Juraiya, Febrith, Alenna and 6 others like this.
  11. Skrat New Member

My adventurer-crafters that have not completed all the ascensions (I hadn't been playing for a while before PoP) would not appreciate this change.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

Make time to read Domino's notes on how tradeskills work.
    Make time to look back at how the mechanics worked over the last 10 tiers.
    Fix the expansion mechanics to work the same way as the rest of the game so that players don't have to learn a new game as soon as they hit level 100.
    Specifically fix the pony and guild harvesters to do the jobs they were designed to do, fix harvesting nodes to produce the items they have been producing for 10 tiers and fix recipes to use the same components they have used for 10 tiers.
    Introduce tradeskill rewards for tradeskill content.
    Add a merchant to sell the advanced recipe books that opens up on completion of the questline.
    Introduce the missing recipes that have been in every previous tier.
    Take a look at Sundered Frontier or either Velious lines to find out how tradeskill quest lines should be done.

If you can do all that I may consider buying the current and future expansions. If not, my game ends at 100.

Bear in mind that many of the players that choose to tradeskill/decorate instead of adventuring do so because they have developed various motor skill and other health issues that slow reflexes and make adventure content difficult in ways beyond the game design. Tradeskilling used to be their refuge.

Also remember that tradeskilling didn't always work the way that Domino left it. It evolved into this in order to keep tradeskillers playing, paying and buying expansions. You can throw it all out with the bathwater if you like, but that absolutely will negatively impact both your player population and your bottom line.
  13. Wgrace Active Member

I thought the TS sig line was the best one so far, but I hate TS'ing and prefer adventuring, so apparently your reasoning is sound OP. lol.
  14. Nelie Well-Known Member

Not easy but just have to watch where the mobs path and navigate carefully.
  15. Nelie Well-Known Member

2 things I would like to see added or changed is:

1) Remove the ascension class runes and give crafters something useful to craft like a lesser version of the 15 fervor rune. A craftable 10 fervor rune for the belt would be nice.

2) Add the Epic 2.0 craft book with a decent chance into the loot table for the daily and weekly missions (or at least the weeklies)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

1. Get rid of the infusers as rewards, seriously, GET RID OF THEM. Receiving them daily is infuriating.
    2. Also we had months to get our Advanced recipe books, giving these as rewards would be equivalent to giving adventurers adepts as rewards months after release.
    3. Add a way for CRAFTERS to achieve the tradeskill achievement. Where is our tradeskill mount?
    4. Add the new Tinkering books to the loot table. Honestly I don't even know where these drop. Why are the new books so hard for crafters to obtain?
    5. Update the Tradeskill Apprentice that we paid $'s for. I will NEVER again buy something like this, knowing that the effort you put in to keeping it up to date is zero.
    6. Add ALL the rare recipes to the loot table.
    7. Also please be reminded AGAIN that not all crafters are max level adventurers. I don't understand why you can't take that in.
    Juraiya, Cheallaigh, Febrith and 11 others like this.
  17. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

Unfortunately this is too little, too late for me. Even if they made every good change in this thread I just don't think I could return to the game at this point. I wish someone had been willing to listen sooner.
    Juraiya, Kheldar, Cheallaigh and 2 others like this.
  18. Stach Well-Known Member

Me too, been a subscriber with multiple accounts since 2004, bought all the expansions, I logged in one character that got the year resub after the cheap year sub, and looked I had not logged into Eq2 in 54 days, and have canceled all the subs.

I am afraid to say, that I am normal now, not the outlier.
    Kheldar likes this.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"m with all those who want the pack pony and guild harvesters to be put back to what they should do and give us the distillations and dilutions books like we have for all other tiers

By the way thanks for the change in the shard of hate portion of a stitch in time I can now run the rest of my crafters though the questline. now if you'd give us a mount with tradeskill and harvesting stats it would be awesome.
    Juraiya, Kheldar, Cheallaigh and 4 others like this.
  20. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I finished my weekly tonight, and I have to say the rewards were a great improvement. Thank you.
    Kheldar and Rhodris like this.