Brewday Festival Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Brewday Festival is now active on Test!

Make this Brewday Festival a memorable one! Follow the shouts of rowdy patrons located near every player city to the festival's official brew house, The Bar of Brell. Once inside, grab a stein and celebrate Brewday with the holiday themed rewards, crafts, and adventures, both new and familiar. Keep a watch though, if you plan on patronizing the many drinking holes of Norrath this Brewday, as there has been news of a band of pirates causing trouble. The last report stated they were at Dead River Docks in The Thundering Steppes.

New Features for '18!
    • TLE servers:
      • Stormhold - All of event available, except “More Brews is Good News” collection (brewday_16_more_brews)
      • Fallen Gate – Special event merchant
    • 7 New Merchant Items sold by Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell, including a new mount!
    • New Tradeskill recipe book, "Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IX" sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell.
    Returning features:

• In-game mail to announce the event and summarize location of quest givers.
    • Returning achievements:
      • The Great Brewday Pub Crawl
      • Festive Furniture
      • Pub N' Suds
      • Drunk Level: Dwarf
      • Can't Hold Their Liquor
    • Special event items can be purchased from Balin Copperfoot in Bar of Brell in exchange for Beer Tokens.
    • Bountiful Brewday gardens can only be seen when wearing the "Ale Goggles" head equipment. They spawn in Commonlands, Antonica, Greater Faydark, Darklight Wood, Timorous Deep, and Frostfang Sea.
    • Wild Boar loot from Hammy in High Keep while Brewday is active.
    • Collections:
      • More Brews is Good News
      • Brews Across Norrath
    • The Entrance to the Bar of Brell in Antonica, Commonlands, Haven, Greater Faydark, Timorous Deep and Frostfang Sea.
    • Tradeskill recipe books sold by Balin Copperfoot in the Bar of Brell. The recipes require holiday harvestables gathered from "Bountiful Brewday gardens" and other low level harvestables as components.
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft II
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft III
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft IV
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft V
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VI
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VII
      • Brewday Accoutrements to Craft VIII
    • Tradeskill recipe to craft the Velious Distillery 2 & 3
    • Returning quests:
      • "Pressed into the Brewcrew” - Repeatable every year
      • "Bog Mountain's Eruption" - Repeatable every year
      • "Valla Brewhammer's Special Brew" - NOT repeatable
      • "What is That Noise?!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Drinks Are On The House!" - Repeatable every two hours
      • "Snoogle's Presentation" - Repeatable every year
      • "Beers for Brell!" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brell's Everlasting Brew" - Repeatable every year
      • "Ale Goggles" - Repeatable every year
      • “Thurgadin Ice Brew” - Repeatable every year
      • “Black Swill for Blackswell” - NOT repeatable
      • “Deep Within Hammerhall” - Repeatable every year
      • "Rummage for Answers" - Repeatable every year
      • "Brewday Beer Guardin’: Butcherblock" – Repeatable

Please note: All of the scaling content should accommodate the new level cap (110). Please be sure to feedback any troubles you may encounter.

This event content is currently set to run 03/06/2018 at 12:01am PST through 03/19/2018 at 11:59pm PST on the live servers.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kaladim Brewing Tanks - flavor text talks of the halfling pantry. As an aside, the default size on these is rather large, making it not-possible to shrink them as much as some might like. (The tallest part is taller than my tall high elf, on max shrink)

Is there a reason to make the Cloak of the Duke of Below no-trade instead of heirloom?
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Running the quests as Mum already crafted everything.
    I just finished running all adventuring quests at level 102. Everyone worked fine. Every mob scaled well.

Bog Mountain's Eruption
    The runnyeye spellflinger NPC respawn really slowly, I don't remember that. if every char is triggering the same ones, it'll be a very slow process.

"Deep within Hammerhall",
    I broke down every crate and got a single bag of coin at 177, 17, -61 which remained stuck and I couldn't harvest it.
    Very very cosmetic bug hehe

Items wise, I'm not overly fond of the price tag on the Griffin. We can only quest to get the tokens and 200 is pretty steep. I'm at 173 with doing every quest and being a member (it would be 193 if I hadn't chosen the horn on the TS quest) but not buying anything else. It'll be steep for decorators.
  4. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'll be doing a lot of goblin-tipping in BBM, and running Bog Mountain a time or three over the period of the event to replenish my token supply for next year. This is always the roughest event for currency.

... and thanks for testing the level scaling! I'll be running them at 110 over the next day or so, but I really want at least an hour or two of E-Day on live before it is gone.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

No change was made, but I can lower their respawn time a bit to ease it up.

Oh, that was a level specific bug! Good catch! Level 100+ players didn't have a coin purse hooked up to it.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  6. Kaitheel Developer

It's great to be catching these so quickly. I'll be submitting the following changes for Brewday. I'm not sure when they'll be on Test though.
    • The Calcite Stalagmaw & Mossy Stalagmaw house pet interactions are more appropriate for their models now.
    • Kaladim Brewing Tanks – Description has been removed.
    • Kaladim Brewing Tanks – Initial size has been reduced, and it can now be reduced even smaller.
    • The Cloak of the Duke of Below is now heirloom, instead of no-trade.
    • Bog Mountain's Eruption - Runnyeye spellflingers and Runnyeye choppers respawn faster now.
    • Deep within Hammerhall – Level 100+ players will now be able to gather from coin bags.
    Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  7. Test Taffies Active Member

The new pony from the PoP TS time line pony, does not harvest extra harvests when it runs past a Bountiful Brewday Garden. Not sure if this was intentional or an oversight.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Has anyone who has already done "Pressed into the Brewcrew" tested to see if the bug that was making it be offered daily is truly fixed? (The wiki reminded me that it was a bug for last year, as it should be annually).

If not, I'm just finishing it for the first time, and will check tomorrow to make sure I can't get it again.
  9. Kaitheel Developer

I did make the necessary file change, but repeat timers on quests are... easily confused. It is intended to be an annual quest, no matter if you completed it last year or not, not daily. I'm afraid it may still be a daily quest for those who did complete it last year. Let me know if this is the case! PLZ!

We could use some testing on this one from those who know they completed it last year.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Great catch! I will be fixing the Bountiful Brewday Gardens, as well as the other live event harvestables, to work with the new pony. Thank you, Taffies!

~ Kaitheel
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm about 90% sure that my main is one who repeated it more than once last year. She did it for the first time for this year yesterday, and it has been over 24 hours with no re-offer.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I did the quest once last year and once this year on my main. I re-checked today (so way more than 24h) and the crew is full and no quest is not offered anymore. It seems fixed.

Glad I feedbacked this bugged coin purse, I nearly didn't do it because I thought it was just stuck. I'm glad I did! Never occured to me that it could be level-related!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I published the house items under the name "Brewday 2018" under medium homes.
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Highlighting this so we remember to check them after this next Test patch (which I assume we will get before it goes live tomorrow). They didn't make it into the Wed. night patch last week.
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

So, no new quest? :(
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Correct. This has been a crazy busy year, and it gives folks with alt armies a chance to catch up a bit. There are a ton of quests that can be done after this many years of the event, and a finite amount of time to do them all. :D
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Test is patched, and it looks like the Brewday fixes were dropped in.
  18. Katz Well-Known Member

Probably too late to request this, but if a flying appearance mount version of the carpet of clover was made, it would make a great reward choice for one of the quests. (If there is already a version like this someone please let me know how to get it) :)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

;->
    /raising_paw
    Uwkete waves.
    Uwkete points at Uwkete.
    Uwkete nods.

The one thing I wish would happen, with not only Brewday but frankly all of them, is for the Completed Quests list to actually count. If we had the misfortune to do repeatable quests before the Achievement system came to be, we get NO credit whatsoever for having done them, and the uncomfortable feeling that we veterans have to do each and every single one of the quests all over again in order to get credit for whatever achievement they're supposed to be counting towards is a bit much. It puzzled me for the longest time with some of them, only to have my research-oriented brain dig into the old Completed Quests and find that yes, indeed, I actually did do such things. Then I just got "hacked off," as Dumbledore's younger brother would say. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

With the full size ranges? Cool! :D

Thanks! :)

Uwk