Stitch in Time

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

To add info to this, I did on a level 35. The health did go down, I didn't wait for regen and went ahead and did all four of the vents. At one point there was no health showing, but character didn't die. Completed the step without death. Maybe health is going down but won't die, at least from being tossed up in air.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

I tried on a random white adorn from guild depot, wouldn't do absolutely nothign when I clicked on it and selected use
  3. Chikkin Well-Known Member

first time I tried it I was walking past one of those vents, got too close probably, and instead of just lifting me up in the air it tossed me straight up and into fire wall, insta death. Again, it may be because I was running by/over it at the wrong time
  4. Darcmoon Member

On Part 5, the yrzucite veins are mostly unmineable. I kept getting the 'Cannot see target' for most of them.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I guess I got lucky, all the ones I tried worked for me.
  6. Dyeana Active Member

Part 5 - When crafting the Fragment of Ro - Construct pathing kills you when crafting. Need to move the pathing of the construct a bit mor away from where you craft or move the fallen construct to another location free of the pathing.

Thanks

Dye
  7. Elowith Active Member

I really really do not enjoy the need to spend almost all of my time dodging aggro mobs in the tradeskill instances. I can't even begin to count the number of deaths I have had, and if I wanted to play hide and seek, I wouldn't be a crafter. The combines are slow, yes, but they are at least crafting - trying to collect and craft with constant death makes me dread trying to do it 9 times on live, or even one. And the Molten Throne part, the paths are pretty much impossible to see and navigate; the jumps over the black areas are too long for me to make without.... dying. Since all the rewards save the buffed pony are for adventurers, why would a crafter even want to attempt this?

Can the paths in the Molten Throne be made much wider, and the black gaps smaller? And tone down the background color so the path stands out? And make the black jump over bits NOT be at a corner? Note: I tried turning down the particle settings to 'average' in hopes that would help, and the black areas do not show at all.
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

To clarify, that was me only looking in the final room (with the ashes) for the fish ... apparently some of the other lava spots have fishing too, so I'll be re-examining this when I get this third alt to there. :D
  9. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Just did this part, you have to move around until you are able to harvest them. Or stand on them it's the easiest way.

Need to move the pathing mobs or move the crafting station to a different spot. The combine takes too long and the mobs will come back and kill you even if mid crafting.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Just as note/bug since apparently we need to be lvl 10 adventurer to get into the sig line zones - I entered Coliseum of Valor as lvl 2 and only got stopped at PoI portal telling me I need to be lvl 10 adventurer

personally I wouldn't mind being able to do it on a lvl 1 adventure and lvl 100 crafter, if there's still room for consideration
  11. Darcmoon Member

I did stand on them and walk around them to try them from all sides. There was one that I was able to harvest once I stood on it but most of them it didn't matter where I was standing.
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Interesting! Once I moved around I was able to harvest them. Still should be looked at (I should have added that to my first reply to you).
  13. Chrol Developer

Will be moved closer to the entrance away from the pathers.
    Finora, Niami DenMother and Xianthia like this.
  14. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

A stitch in time, part I: Security Measures
    Druzzil Ro is still lacking a feather showing that she has a quest to offer.

I dinged 3 levels when I updated the quest with Meldrath when he handed me the Retrofitting Blueprint (153 046 848 TS XP + 462 322 112 XP from bonuses) and it felt a bit odd. I fully intended to level all my chars through the timeline but thought the xp would be at the end of the quest. Anyway, it's a very difficult part so it does make sense.
    At quest turn in, at the end, I got a bit more regular XP (178 725 680) and way less from bonuses as I blowed throuh my vitality.

Crafting wise, it's way less a pain with only a single EMD combo to make. I love the factory part with the steam, it's fun and dangerous. Crafting the parts for the hackbot is tedious. Why do we have to counter something every round?

I love the music in the last room (Kander picked it?)

Great first quest. I love it. I love seeing the gods.

Next one tomorrow, it's too late. I'll get hubby to take care of the kids so I can finally focus!
  15. Dyeana Active Member

Comment for the series - Can we get the plat reward to at least cover the plat spent on fuels? It is very high cost, more so during our testing where we had numerous zones crash or had to restart quests.

Thanks

Dye
    Finora, Quillyne and Chikkin like this.
  16. Chikkin Well-Known Member

[BUG]

Daily mission: Lightning strikes:
    Zone: Bastion of Thunder: Lightning Strikes [Tradeskill Mission]

this mission uses a raid zone I think, stuff is epic x 4, this is the first and basic problem with it

no map for the zone , like there was for the Sig line version of this zone,
    no zone out portal

no zinc orb nodes visible, none trackable, but my harvest pony "gets" them, and a random gnarled entwood(!), of course the zinc he got doens't show up in bags, not updates quests (understandably)

no way to get pure water, even tho I can see pure water on track, but Karana room is blocked off by a force field
  17. Finora Well-Known Member

Absolutely, most crafting quests do have some sort of coin reward, usually covering fuel cost plus a little bit extra. It certainly would be nice for a quest like this one that is going to result in a repair bill as well unless you decide to forgo wearing all your crafting gear and just do it naked.

I'll be honest, I didn't even look at to see if there were coin rewards for the quests as I was doing them, so I can't speak to the amounts we do get. I do know I spent a lot of plat on fuels and I've spent plenty of coin on repairs as well.
    Kheldar likes this.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Plat and status rewards have been added, but the plat reward is only a plat and change for each,even when we've spent 14p in fuel for a single quest (part 2). I'm hoping this is just an interim stage and will be tuned more.
    Quillyne and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[Feedback]
    A Stitch In Time, Part IV: A Favor of Love
    Would you consider possibly increasing the decay/despawn timer on the fiend stools just a tad? It is a bit frustrating to wait on pathing, then have it go poof right as you reach it. (I know, that means it is stinking up the area a bit longer, but really, it is the Plane of Hate. What's a bit more stench?

It would be nice if the decay timer tweak was also done for the sulphur (sic) in A Stitch In Time, Part III: From Birth to Tombs from the scavenging mephits if you're feeling generous. :D
    Finora likes this.
  20. Finora Well-Known Member

Ugh. That's not much plat for this quest.

Also, does anyone know if boosted characters get to be permanent on test? I didn't need to do it, since I've been on test for ages, but a couple of people I know boosted and intended to use those characters for future testing stuff and maybe actually playing on test.

I know one time a long time ago the one time they allowed copies to test those all got deleted after the testing of the zone. I don't remember anything with buff baubles before and I wanted to let them know if they'd be deleted before they put more than testing effort into the characters.