Erollisi Day Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I can confirm that the achievement works as it should, and grants the title properly.
  2. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you, Kasa!

~ Kaitheel
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Woot! Thank you, Niami!

~ Kaitheel
  4. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I used to look forward to all the special events. But I find myself not bothering as much any more. The reason is that few of them have anything NEW in the way of quests to do. It's the same thing that we've had for years. At least if you are not going to do new things, could we at least have new rewards to choose from? I didn't even put more than one of my girls through frostfell for the same reason. And I ALWAYS could not wait for frostfell. The other thing is that the creativity in the rewards and things we can make is also declining. It's mostly the same thing for every event, just in a different color. Those who are contributing to the marketplace are doing some crazy good things. Perhaps they can be tapped for new rewards and new things for us to make? I hate to sound like I'm whining, but I am. I want to look forward to the events again.
  5. Kasa Well-Known Member

You are welcome :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I don't know about what you said " d1anaw " the last years had some really nice new things to get as rewards and new things to make .
    But I guess some festivals were better than others
    I did not have as much time for "Frostfell " last year as I wished I had.
    I think you will like some of the new things for" Erollisi " day this year.
    But , yes , I noticed there is no new quest this year.
    I play other games , that have events and festivals and I have seen little change for what they offer.
    So as long as we are listened to I think we are still doing pretty good on EQ2.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...well, this year, they didn't do the Tradeskill signature line for the new level cap raise/zone that they probably should have thought about concurrently with developing the rest of it (sigh...we need a new crafter advocate...Kaitheel? :D), so they have to play catch-up with that now before 4 months goes by between the expac release and the bug-reduced TS stuff. Consequently, less time to work on new stuff for Erollisi Day beyond recipes (thanks for them, though! :D).

Hopefully, the later holidays will have new content, but when in doubt, create a new toon. That way there's always going to be folks who need even the old stuff. ;)

Uwk
    "father" to dozens ;->
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Everybody needs to join the KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events/holidays) campaign!!!!

*runs off to Maj'Dul as a kind soul has offered to get my unused ones there in the guild hall to look for those roses stopping frequently along the way to hang more campaign fliers*

Cyrrena
  9. Test Taffies Active Member

I found a "visual bug" for The Sisterhood of Erollisi Leather Armor, while very beautiful to look at on a character... But when you use the boots separately from the leggings they give bare feet and the leggings themselves show the boots on and cannot be used separately with another chest item or boots.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Odd...there are a lot of pants/boots like that; the plate armor, for example, be it Vanguard or any of the others (even Appearance ones), has the pants supersede the boots entirely. You might as well be barefoot with that, but I'd never heard of pants not being able to be used separately. :-/

Other than, maybe, the old "suits" and dresses for ladies of, ah, questionable virtue that Tailors can make: His _____ of the ____, Her _____of the_____, usually of matching or related colors and themes. Those were always Chest items, but they took over every other item slot, including Gloves, Shoulders, Wrists, Shoes (with the "ladies" being barefoot, always), and for all I know, Helmets. :-/

Uwk
  11. Tekka Well-Known Member

There is also a glitch with the gnomeskin boots (at least on human males). If you wear them with a hat, your beard disappears.

I have no idea how that is even possible, but it's 100% reproducible.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Gnobrin Developer

<CONFUSED>
    What hat are you trying to equip here, exactly? The boots you're talking about here don't have any face/head occlusion, so it shouldn't matter what you're equipping other then them. They're just occluding your feet upon equip.
    </CONFUSED>
  13. Gnobrin Developer

Yup, it's gonna happen. The Erollisi set is actually two different armor sets mashed together. Depending on what gender your character is, is what you then see. Female characters will see our "Valkyrie" set of tight armor (with corset chest) and male characters will see my upated leather/chain set without accessories (plating, bands, repeating texture edges). The Valkyrie set consists of legs, chest and shoulders, while the chain/leather set has the same AND feet. So... when you equip the set, you'll see shoes on male characters but not on female characters because that set has attached legs/feet and not an additional "FEET" slot item.

Fixing this would mean we'd been to have a predicated system of occlusion that would permit us to say if you're a specific gender, and you're JUST wearing these shoes, show this item... but if you're wearing them with these other items, don't show them. We don't have that system, sadly.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, but if the disappearing beard/gnomeskin boots thing is 100% reproducible, shouldn't that be checked out? ;->

Uwk
  15. Tekka Well-Known Member

Gnomskin boots + appearance hat (in this case, the captain's hat) makes the beard on a human male vanish.

It makes absolutely no sense as to why this happens (in my mind) and it took us a long time to figure out what was going on.

Since I'm not privy to code and whatnots, it could be a coincidence and something else entirely causes the issue - WHEN you equip those particular boots and hat. But it happens every time.

I'll add the specific name of the hat when the friend that it happens to logs on, but it's the captain hat with the danglies. (so it's probably Ttobey's fault)
  16. Gnobrin Developer

[IMG]
    The boots weren't the trouble with that nor whatever hat you chose to wear... it was a little dagger that was attached to the boots that (for some reason) had troll ear as well as beard occlusion. As I type here, it's been fixed. I do not know when fix will go "live", hopefully soon since it's a basic file change, not an art addition. :)
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! Good lord... ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

While we're here...

FEEDBACK: Can we please get the Barbarian Love Notes and other special holiday materials to stack 800, like every other mat out there now (except for food and drink mats, but that's for another forum...)? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

Those poor, poor earless trolls...

Thank you! I'm glad it's an easy fix and not recreating that circle thing that goes round and round!

*piles up a plate of dev cookies*

(still pretty sure it's Ttobey messing with people. that guy)
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.
  20. Test Taffies Active Member

o_O So... then why make boots at all, if they can't be used separately from the pants? Grrrr.... I hate bare feet.