Daggerstorm Completely Broken

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Beet, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Svenone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is not enough for them to just hate you (red bordered name), they have to actively be trying to kill you (be on the hate list). And right now even that is not enough for a Swashbuckler, which as a Brigand is great for the Brigand-Swashbuckler rivalry, but sucks for the Swashbuckler morale (and dps).
  2. Valzen Well-Known Member

Dagger Storm still broken for my swashbuckler
  3. Tetley Member

Dagger Storm sucks now... DB blew it
  4. Azian Well-Known Member

Serious question, how so? I've found that as long as you are on the enemy hate list it works fine on the several scouts I've tested with (I don't have a swash these days though). In other words, you can't open with it. What isn't working for you?

I don't agree. It used to be great single target and OK AE. Now it's OK single target and hits like a complete monster on large groups. I miss being able to initiate combat with it to be sure. But, it's a very strong blue now. I just have to use it differently than I used to. Would I prefer the old one back, yeah maybe/probably. The current version is far from bad though.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  5. Songwind Member

Dagger Storm does suck now compared to how it was. It sucks as a single target attack, its range has been cut by a third or more, it use to be a beast against multiple targets as an AOE, and if you use DS to attack a mob that is not already attacking you or you have attacked it does not even work. DS does not even count in in RO/VC anymore.
  6. Kaladz Active Member

Damage of Dagger Storm also isn't properly increased by doublecast/ability doublecast.
  7. Wimble Active Member

:rolleyes:

Daggerstorm does not suck at all. If anything, ts the reverse. Learn about your professional skills eh?
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

actual daggerstorm is really great. Whoever still cries has no idea how to use it :)

[IMG]
  9. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Lol that parse makes it look fun to play a scout on live nowadays :p
    Hiza likes this.
  10. Laaw Well-Known Member

scouts are fun, always have been :)
    Hiza likes this.
  11. Dilon Active Member

[Edit to cut out an unnecessary rant and to just focus on the actual question I have]

Is there any valid reason as to why the base damage of Dagger Storm is ~3x higher than Unda Arcanus Spiritus?
  12. Redlight Well-Known Member

I would like to see the base damage of Daggerstorm doubled for all classes and for it to be no longer scaling off of engaged mob sizes. Then I would like to see a slight tunedown on the tank eth runes, perhaps 25% damage decrease and a Dragonfire tunedown. Oh, and Unda's base damage being the same as that of Daggerstorm. Plus Assassination resets nerf. Oh, and for inquisitors to have a groupward. Did I just fix class balance?
    Hiza and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Primitive Member

That parse was just laggy trash and therefore is not really relevant. Daggerstorm on single target raid names is about 3% of parse. But by all means nerf Daggerstorm, it will just take longer to clear irrelevant trash.
    Kicks, Hiza, Kazou and 2 others like this.
  14. Primitive Member

Yes the same valid reason when Unda used to do 3 times more than Daggerstorm a few expansions back. Its called the ups and down of eq2 class balance.
    Hiza, Kazou and Redlight like this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

No idea if Daybreak plans to change something within the next months, but Dagger Storm should allready be monitored for months.
    If a player knows what to do in expert heroic zones, Dagger Storm produces more than 40% of zonewide dps.

It even produces higher hits than the new changed conjurer Elemental Blast, but not on single target ;)
  16. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Even with my mashing the ever living life out of my dagger storm, in an encouter of any duration, it is never more than 10-12% of my zonewide dps.

Honestly any scout that dagger storm is 40% of their zonewide dps is doubtfully casting anything else, there are far to many other arts, ascensions that can be of better use.

Expert Heroic zones are a poor tool to measure with as so many toons are simply over geared for the zones. Encounters that end in seconds are always going to overly bloat numbers.
  17. Alexstrasza Active Member

18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Lots of classes have single abiliteis that do 10-12% of their dps..
    Hiza likes this.
  19. Alexstrasza Active Member

nvm
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

I mean things like THIS: T2 expert heroic zone dps (OK just 31% daggerstorm in this case)
    [IMG]

What else can be used for classbalacing? PQs? :)