Kaitheel ....

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't remember them at all, and I came in April 2006, after ED would've been over for that year.

On the other hand, that period still gives me DTs on occasion and I don't recall everything from back then; in many ways, the game has improved over the years. :)

Uwk
    who's massively glad we don't have to contend with Subcombines on TLE servers, or "only one character is allowed to Broker stuff" (but who still misses the suburbs...sigh) :-/
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Found in eq2 Wiki:
    Old Secret Admirer NoteEdit

[IMG]
    Once a gift from your secret admirer, you can now complete the races to get this item.
    On February 09, 2007, players began receiving in-game mail from "Your Secret Admirer" with a subject line of "Be Mine?". The letter read From 2007-2014, your mailbox would receive the following note, which was later replaced by the new version of the My Romantic Reputation quest:
    My dearest <player name>,
    Roses are Red,
    Violets are blue
    I will be too
    If I can't have you
    Take this poem and this rose as a token of my undying affection on this Erollisi Day. Perhaps I will see you speaking with Dalron in either East Freeport or North Qeynos. Maybe we will meet chasing down Erollisi essences in Antonica or the Commonlands. I just hope to have the courage to hail you if I see you.
    Until then, know all of my love abides with you, although we have never met.
    Love,
    Your Secret Admirer
    Attached to the email was a Single Red Rose, a house-placeable item.
    Xillean, Chikkin, Prissetta and 3 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! I probably have that then, somewhere, at least with my Crushbone/Maj'Dul folks. I always thought it later became the first rose of the "gotta hand out 8 roses to actual other people (or eight to one person, if you're not going for the Achievement), not your alts" bit?

Uwk
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It was exactly like that Spindle, but I think you only got one to give to another player and when you gave it to them, the text on the rose changed to "blah, blah, blah full of love from <insert player name here>, I cannot remember the text exactly thus the blah, blah, blah. I know I had at least 10 of these sitting on the lowest shelf of those built in shelves in the Qeynos T1 GH but I cannot get in there as I do not have enough status to pay the upkeep.

Kaitheel if you are looking at this, please look in the Guild Hall for the Lil' Rascals on Maj'Dul, we started on LDL back in the day and I believe I had these before we were dumped on Crushbone (which I never understood why we were not put onto AB, but that is ponderings for another thread), and then put onto Maj'Dul. Since I stay mainly on AB with a different account, I do not have the upkeep required to go in that Guild Hall unless there is something I have to have then I will kill myself getting it. I know there was red, yellow, purple/blue, I think if you were of evil alignment you could get black, I think I had 1 black one.

Cyrrena

KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events and holidays)

PS ..... Thank you so much Spindle for locating that, I remember those and have or had some of them. I am beginning to think that perhaps the introduction of My Romantic Reputation and the ability to get the roses from the races may have overwritten the original ones in the code since Kaitheel cannot even find it there.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

I am sorry to say, but I am coming up empty on this one, Cyrrena. The email noted in that wiki entry provided a single rose house item (not in a vase). If it ever had any code to change its name when traded or provide a different item, it doesn't seem to have now.

I don't have the capability of looking in inactive guildhalls, but I can look through character inventory. If you provide the name of a character with one of these traded roses house items, perhaps that would help.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Spindle Well-Known Member

Keep in mind players with multiple characters would have received multiple mail messages and therefore multiple roses. Multiple roses could have been exchanged among multiple friends and/or guildies giving a number of players multiple roses in residences or guild halls. Sorry for using the word 'multiple' so many times. Many players, in this game, have far more than 20 characters per account. Some of those players have more than, say, 5 accounts. The possibilities of receiving a 'single-time-rose' are boundless.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

I think you may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. A single rose as in the item's appearance was a single rose. I was not talking about item quantity in your inventory or house.

~ Kaitheel
  8. Andric Member

remember the valentines rose thing, will check later if I still have one. iirc you had to right click and give to someone
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Spindle Well-Known Member

My reply was more for the posters who have many SINGLE roses in their residences.
    /back to lurking
  10. richmonds New Member

11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Two versions of this have been available on the Erollisi Day merchant, as recently as last year.
    I hate the version that can be placed anywhere in the world; they always get placed on top of an NPC or something you have to click for a quest, making it impossible to see what you are trying to do.
    Cyrrena, Tkia and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Purchased from Douglas in Qeynos Province District (822, -23, 59) or The City of Freeport (-211, -56, 6) for 10 Erollisi coins.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Oh!! Thank you for clarifying.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Kaitheel Developer

Correct. Thank you both Prissetta and Chikkin for helping field this one!

~ Kaitheel
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

We do try to be helpful! :D

And not just as a bribe to get into your good graces as a deco/crafting rep as well as a holiday dev...well, not everyone, undoubtedly... :oops:;)

Uwk
    another who thinks we could definitely stand to have you in our corner, and is definitely not above a bribe :)
    Cyrrena and Prissetta like this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that have been "Multiple players ..."?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kaitheel, thank you for looking into this, we are looking through multiple characters on multiple accounts to find the exact ones that have these roses. The one that I transferred from MJ to AB did not bring any with her and she was the guild leader from the MJ guild.

Cyrrena
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Slightly derailing this a bit, but I just had to say this, and I wasn't sure where else it should go, or if I should just start up a new thread about it, but here goes.

I don't know when it happened, I don't know whose idea it was (possibly Kaitheel's, hence it being here), I don't know if this is exclusive to Guild Hall crafting trainers or not, but I just have to say...

THANK YOU, DEVS!!!!! :D
    (and if you were personally responsible for this, Kaitheel [which I wouldn't doubt; thy generosity of spirit is only matched by thy handsomeness :D /cease_buttering], thrice-bless you!)

...for giving us the ability to BUY the Triangle Tiles book, if we're level 20+ Carpenters (or any alt, really, since it's Heirloom). You have no idea how infuriating it was to have ONE additional recipe per tier denied to anyone who wasn't a level 100 Carpenter (ideally level 100 Adventurer as well, to mitigate the severity of the inevitable tuchis-handing by the Maldura monsters involved), only to have the recipe book be usable by any Carpy at 20+ level. :-/

Granted, probably all the hard-working folks who went through all that just to get that book are probably annoyed now, and I can sympathize, but thank you all again! :D

Uwk
    who would love to see "Building on Sundered Ground" made available on the Loyalty Merchants (hell, even on the Marketplace; I'd be willing), if it isn't already, and the Gravel needed be a Rare drop off ANY tier Earth Elemental :-/
    Cyrrena, Kaitheel and Prissetta like this.
  18. Test Taffies Active Member

The rumblers in Thugandin/Maldura area drop gravel quite often.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I have two level 100 characters. :-/

Uwk
  20. Sinhika Well-Known Member

We can do that now? <races carpenter to GH to search for the book> My new decorator on A-B really needs this!