Camera spinning upward

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Klalorn, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Win 8.1 does this with a lot of games, you'll probably get the most up to date info on a win 8 support board; soe cannot fix this issue, it's all on win 8's side of things. For what it's worth, win 8 pro doesn't spin or have any camera issues.

Good luck to you,
    Ava
  2. Pikku New Member

As noted on the Win 8.1 mouse camera thingamabob threads... if you Have Windows 8.1 check out and apply hotfix + registry entries manually, and be sure to apply to the correct EXE file that is the main EXE (not at home, so cant remember whicn is correct EXE).

Mouse pointer stutters or freezes when you play certain games in Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279

Also check out, this one might work too:

Mouse input in some games is incorrectly scaled on high-DPI devices
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2907016

The hotfix + registry entry worked for me, Windows 8.1 x64. Be sure to download the correct one x86 or x64 one. Most computers/OSes today are x64 (64bit).
    DreadRoberts likes this.
  3. Juraviel Active Member

Thanks for the replies.

I've tried many times to download and run kb2908279 (all three versions) but every time that I do I get a popup stating that the application does not apply to this machine. I am running Windows 8.1 64bit that was preinstalled on my new computer that was shipped to me 2/10/2014.

I have also applied the high-DPI with no luck and ran the .exe in compatibility mode options using both Win8 and Win7 and neither of them fix the issue. I posted a video in another thread of the issue this morning, will post it here as well.

I'm slowly left clicking my mouse as I inch the cursor slowly across the screen in multiple directions. It happens no matter what mouse I use, have tried several different brands now.

edit : This is posted on the Microsoft website where the download for the update is :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279/en-us

Note If you are a game developer or you provide support for a game, and you experience this issue in your games, apply this solution. If this solution resolves the issue, and the game is not included in the "Games that this update applies to" list, you can provide a registry update for the game.
    Utulme likes this.
  4. Pikku New Member

Have you tried changing Control Panel Mouse settings, like disable or enable Point Precision and change pointer speed just a little ? Do they have any effect on it?

Do you have 3rd party mouse drivers installed ?
  5. Seni Active Member

I have this issue with Windows 7. I stopped using my Logitech gaming mouse (don't remember the model.. G-something) it was doing it so often - went to a Razer Abyssus and it still does it occasionally. Not with drive-me-mad frequency like the Logitech, but enough to irritate. No mouse settings have affected it.
  6. Juraviel Active Member

Pikku,

I tried changing the settings in the control panel, mouse settings, adjusting the speed and enabled/disabled the point precision but none of these changes have had any affect unfortunately. I also uninstalled my Logitech drivers but this happens with all of my mice - my Logitech mouse, HP mouse and a wired Azza gaming mouse.

Experimenting more in the game today it appears that the cursor is resetting itself to the center of the screen randomly when clicking around the screen which is what is causing the camera to spin and rotate. You can't see it in my video that I posted but I am slowly clicking the screen as I slowly slide the mouse out away from my avatar and every time the camera spins and rotates the cursor starts over from the position of my avatar, the center of the screen.

If anyone could explain to me why I am not able to run the posted update from Microsoft that would be appreciated. Every time I try I get the message that the update does not apply to this machine, but I am running 8.1, that is all that came installed on my new pc. A shame or I would try to roll back to 8.0, or even Win 7 that I've been using on my old machine.

Thanks again for the replies folks.
  7. Pikku New Member

Perhaps the update is preinstalled on your PC. Did you try to make the registry change, do the commandline command, reboot and reload the game ?
  8. Seefar Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say 'thanks' for pointing this clueless bard in what appears to be the right direction to cure this insufferable malady.
  9. Juraviel Active Member

Yeah I tried to apply the registry changes as you mentioned but it did not have any affect. I'll try again as soon as I can just to be sure I did it properly and get back to you. I really appreciate all the help Pikku, and everyone.
  10. AnotherForumName Member

I'm sort of having this issue myself. My exact mouselook-snap-twitch-camera-spaz-out problem is more like how it's described here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/mouse-look-screwy-after-last-hotfix.464956/ but that thread is archived and I can't post to it.

Any estimated time this will be fixed OR a workaround OR setting I can change?

The camera flipping out [for completely unknown reasons] happens often for me but always when going to hold down the right mouse button to turn the avatar. What exactly will happen is when I hold the RMB down the camera will snap violently 180 degrees and either up 100% (directly at the sky) or down 100% (straight at the ground). This will happpen on average every two or three minutes of game play and it is very very disorienting and has killed me several times by either turning directly into the monsters I want to get away from or running me off a ledge that's too high.

* Mouse is brand new.
    * The most recent drivers from corsair are downloaded
    * Game settings for the mouse are at the absolute slowest possible
    * Not using Software mouse cursor
    * Happens in third person often and in 1st person almost doubles the amount it happens (to about every 30 seconds of moving around)
    Utulme likes this.
  11. Billzbub Active Member

Does anyone who has this problem have only one monitor, or is it exclusive to people who use two or more monitors?
  12. Noctew Active Member

One monitor and it's happening to me. It's a Razer mouse with razer drivers installed, so...not mouse model specific either.
    Billzbub likes this.
  13. AnotherForumName Member

Just one monitor.
  14. Sandcrab New Member

Having the same problem here. I get "upskirted" at the worst moments and my music blares in my headset even with the music volume set to zero. This is a clean install of the game on Dec 12th from Steam. Running Win 10 Pro with all the latest drivers and patches. Have dual monitors and run in windows mode. I've run in full screen and it makes no difference. I'm pretty sure this is not a hardware issue and is completely an issue with the local client software.

I'm f2p and this is the number one problem that is keeping me from investing one cent into this game. Seeing how it seems to have been a problem that has been around since about 2006 it's obvious that the Dev's don't give a crap about these problems. I guess I archive this game as "Tried and its broke" category and move on to a game that actually works and is supported.
  15. Kheldorm Active Member

Holy Zombies Batman!
    Do you really think people don't know that this has happened since Day One?
  16. Sandcrab New Member

Not having ESP or a working crystal ball, the only way to find out if there was a solution is to ask.
    It's not if people know or don't know, it's if it's been solved or reduced in severity.

This is the third post that you have had nothing constructive to add to the conversations except ridicule and criticism. If you have nothing constructive to add to the conversation, please just keep surfing.
    Dude and Juraiya like this.
  17. Zannya Member

Lol we love that saying and use it now... But I honestly believe it is a windows thing. I went into my mouse settings on my computer and unchecked enhance pointer precision. Also I slowed down pointer speed. It feels weird after being used to it going faster. But I have not "upskirted" since. And am not having trouble with picking up random floor tiles and things in my house. :) (be sure to exit the game before doing this and restart after)
  18. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I tried ESO today and my camera was jumping in ESO too.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

No jumping in GW2 so far.
  20. Tekka Well-Known Member

My camera doesn't/didn't jump in City of Heroes, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Istaria, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 14, Trove, Rift or Elder Scrolls Online.

It only happens (for me) in EQ2, and does so with enough frequency to be very annoying. YMMV.
    Rhodris likes this.