[Suggestion] Orange adornments in PoP..and how they are acquired

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieva, Dec 2, 2017.

1. maxximum Active Member

I didn't say you would have to run them 18 times as many as you've done. I run most of them for dailies on 3 different toons, and I do the quick ones every chance I get, some of them 5 or 6 times a day. It's like most things in this game, the more time and effort you put in, the more you get out of it. If oranges were the only thing that dropped, then I'd probably just do my dailies, but there's all sorts of reasons to still do as many as you can when you have the time.
  2. Anaranj Member

Random is Random. You can do a million runs (solos / heroics / events) and not get any orange runes. Another player can do only one hundred and get 3. No effort or time is rewarded.
    Mermut likes this.
  3. Imilla Member

What I meant, if it weren't random (you said you will get runes from solos if you just run enough of them) , I would have to run _at least_ 18 times more zones than I have run to get as many runes as you have...certainly not happening. And because it is random running them 18 * X times is no guarantee that a single rune will drop.

There's nothing wrong in having random elements or random rewards in a game but the rewards should be in some reasonable relation to the effort and time invested. If it's a lot of work the pay must be guaranteed. Who would work if the payday is a lottery day? You may or may not get something. If the rewards are completely random the game should be very simple, easy and fun. If the game is tedious and time consuming rewards should be guaranteed.
  4. maxximum Active Member

Well some days the RNG has been friendly to me, I saw 3 in one day 2 weeks ago, but I know I will probably have run dozens of solos that day. Some days I can run a lot and not see one, for days at a time. One thing I do know for sure it that you don't get anything at all if you don't run them.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

They are not from last expac. Check your list.
  6. Poetic_Justice Member

I beg the differ, I never got that Charm from the PQ in the last expac and I ran that atleast 100 times...:p
    Kheldar likes this.
  7. Poetic_Justice Member

Plain and simple to me, this expac hasn't been very rewarding after all the hours and work you put into it. You need to runs pug groups and hope for the best? Good luck with that.
    Kheldar likes this.