[Suggestion] Orange adornments in PoP..and how they are acquired

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Arieva, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

All of my oranges from this expac are heirloom.. not no-trade.
    Perhaps they BECOME no-trade after you equip them... even the KA purples from last expac dd that...
  2. Jhen Ro Active Member

Might want to check again.

I got a Firmament of Thought as a drop on one character. I went to the merchant on an alt that had NOT completed the sig line yet - and could not purchase it. When looking at it on the merchant with either toon, it is Lore-Equip and No Trade.

Taken just now on Skyfire: https://imgur.com/a/h5GJk

(Embedding it not working for some reason.)
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Any pre-patch are heirloom, any post-patch are No-Trade.
    Poetic_Justice likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Uhm... so what is the point of the merchant then? If they're no-trade.. and lore-equip....
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If the flag is account wide I guess it works. But means all your alts have to do the 3 Faction quests too. I assume its a bug and merchant ones should be Heirloom too
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'll have to finish the last bit of the last faction with my second toon to see if she can buy the adornment my main has unlocked and report back here.
  7. Arieva Well-Known Member

Im posting one more time to this thread in hopes that a bit of it will start to make sense to whichever dev made these itemization choices. I have been playing since launch of POP in both heroic and solo and have yet to see any ascension specific adorns drop. Today I saw one of the 2 i'd really like go up for sale on maj. 5.4 million plat and the high bidder showed no sign of stopping. My point initially when I created this thread was to point out how orange runes will become a commodity for the super rich. I think todays auction proved that point well. And yet certain ascension classes relied on these bonuses to be functional.

Ascension adorns NEED to be granted via another avenue guys. They should be hard as heck to obtain by any player without epic 2.0 but those that took the time to complete that quest line should have access. While id rather see them readily available to all that had the original piece..what about flagging anyone who completed the entire quest line for them? I specifically mean the quest for the mythical weapon? This makes them raider only outside of RNG but at least gives a reliable way to re-earn them.
    Prissetta and Agarth like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

The situation you describe sounds like it would encourage people to buy krono with cash and then sell them in game for plat. Make sense now?
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  9. Arieva Well-Known Member

Yes but what they maybe don't realize is ascension upgrades was already a big moneymaker for them. But ascensions were balanced around having these bonuses, then they snatched them away. Now without the bonuses one ascension (Elementalist) is basically no longer competitive. I still haven't received any response to the complete lack of one ascension bonus orange in game..that being the one that made Bulwark of Rime even function. Considering how much money/time ppl have already dumped into the ascension of their choice switching isn't an option and I can guarantee you they aren't going to spend more on ascension as its almost like a bait and switch now. For the first time in 10+ years I'm just thinking of quitting this game because while over the past year I have given DBG more than its fair share of my money they don't seem capable of making sane itemization choices. All they do is create frustration where it should be fun
    Beee likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except kronos don't 'make' plat.. they just move plat around.
  11. Kayas Member

I am thinking of nor playing (read not buying any more kronos) until this orange rune problem is solved.
  12. luxxxaeterna Member

Except when you move your character from TLE servers where a Krono can be bought for 1000+times less to a live server, but ok you got a point.At the start of those kind of servers you can get a Krono for 2p only 4 qho quest.Make yourself 10 alts farm those quest and here you are, and this is only one way of doing it.The free trade server also contributed to the plat inflation.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

Totally agree, but the post wasn't about plat inflation. It was about why the company wasn't making it easier to get things without plat.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  14. Poetic_Justice Member

Not Alt friendly at all wow.. I didn't know all that. I hope they change it.
  15. XustinuS Member

I have been playing since PoP launch everyday heroic, event heroic and solo zones and have seen 3 drops in solo zones 2 of which is not useful for my class, gave them to guildies/friends who needed. In groups everyone needs all runes, even tankish migitation(my opinion) ones, luckily won 1 of the mitigation set from heroics finally.
    Most my armor has empty slots and considering I am a tank, loosing too much HP/mit is not a good thing because of those empty slots.
    DEVS seriously give us a solution for this issue already. It has been many months. Problems keep piling up and u r gonna loose more players if this keeps up.
    Either TS or we should be able to buy them with Coins. I do not care if they are heirloom or not. If I keep old armor then my Resolve goes down too much. It became a choice of least worst path...
    Poetic_Justice, Anaranj and Beee like this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

A feedback for the orange PoP Adornments:

I'm a hardcore player and I looted ONE orange rune (WDB for a mage.. almost useless) within the last 3 months in a group and hundreds of inis.

You should make the orange adornments buyable for coins (much more expensive than having an unlocked rune) too !
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Could be implemented very easy: double the runes at Istar the Mighty, remove the Key requirement and therefore make the price x10
    eg 450 Tears of Ro + 1kk SP + 1500 Platin
  18. maxximum Active Member

I've seen 18 oranges drop in solos and I saw 3 in one day last week, but then I've probably run more solo's than anyone. They will drop if you run enough solos, but you're barely going to see any if you're just running them a single time for dailies on one toon. There's all sorts of reasons to spam solos, the orange adorns, masters, shinies, transmuting, salvaging, etc, so figure out which are the quickest to do and run them every chance you get.
  19. Anaranj Member

I fully share that experience and that reflection. I could not have expressed it more clearly (starting with I am not able for expressing it well in English).;)
  20. Imilla Member

So according to you I should run them at least 18 times more than I've done. But hey, no way can I achieve your numbers because you've run more solos than anyone :)

"They will drop if you run enough solos". That's just not true if they are random. That can only happen if instead of randomness there's a frequency meter that starts dropping them when your zone running frequency hits a certain limit.
    Mermut likes this.