SSHHS2017 Video Tours

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes indeed! :D

Does it work now? The link? :)

Uwk
  2. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Yup . . it worked
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I am such an idiot! I was looking around all over the place for Steff's place and the one he did, and must've blown right past these two... :confused:

And yes! I love what Xirevening did, and I'll probably change the name of the place to try to fit in her (his? not sure) name in the title, to give credit where credit's due. I'm not sure where the book of the house that Steff left went to, but I'll find it. :) Basically asked for "old-fashioned" and that's what I got! Medieval, Victorian, 1940's, whatever, it works! :) Lovely, warm re-skinning; TONS of extra rooms; very appropriate decor, what with the armory and art and Frostfell decorations and everything; and loved the use of furniture to make other furniture and appliances. :)

As for the place Steff did (I'm so sorry, Xir, I don't know how to pronounce your character's name either... :oops:), I'm really glad Oaky thought it was cool, and hope Xir does, too! It wasn't until she was reading the book(s) out loud that I remembered they wanted a dining area for a family of THREE...and had said nothing about a party...

Thanks, Oaky, for reading the books out loud! I love it when someone does that, 'cause I can't get the screen resolution good enough to read them in the videos...guess I'd best just visit places that have books in person! :D

The comely iron chandeliers and ladders all over the place is because a lot of the stuff didn't necessarily shrink down to Wood Elf or Halfling size (I think the house actor represents the Qeynos knight partner), and things like uppermost book shelves and places to hang Frostfell decorations on the really tall Kelethin walls could use ladders and hooks on poles to reach them with. I love those particular chandeliers for that (made extension ladders out of those, with two Halfling Ladders and two chandeliers as the "extenders"; have also used them for "rabbit ears" on old CRT televisions), but I'm sorry if they were confusing. I have odd decorating ideas at times; just ask Niboota on that. ;)

Uwk
  4. Spirit Active Member

So much to see and so little time . My goodness just watching all the tours will tire you out , I have no idea where you get the energy to do them all. idea after idea to steal , house after house to enjoy , all great , all made with love , all perfect in their own ways. I so much enjoyed peeking in on the hard work of others , thank you all.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BTW, Xirevening/Moonlight, I think you might have the book of the house on you! I've done that before, where I've kept the book on me to remind me of what needs doing while I'm working on a house, but I can't find the book for Steffel's house anywhere, even in the layout file. :D

Uwk
  6. Mardya Member

Great vids, Oaky! I loved watching them.

I may change the name of the house Synfully did for me to give proper credit.

Also, you were right about there being no books in the house I decorated for Synfully. I completely forgot to make one! Sorry about that! I'll remember next time :)
  7. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

this is so beautiful I really want to see it in person! is the owner going to publish this home for all of us to see? :D
  8. kianne Well-Known Member

Just wondering whats happened to everyone's manners and the Thank you's and wot nots...? I personally still haven't heard off the person i did a home for whether they liked it or not :( ..
  9. elflover Well-Known Member

Aww Kianne, the home you did was adorable i loved it more in person. hope the owner does too. Everyone did great each was so different was awsome :)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

They might not be a regular on the forums...I Friended mine, in case that's the case, so when I see them in-game I can ask how they liked it! :)

Uwk
    Tenchigirl15 likes this.
  11. crazyapples Active Member

Thank you Quiarrah,
    I just love the use of mist building blocks to create boundary's and trellis work, the cute picnic locations to view the scenery is pretty. Thank you :)
  12. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Your welcome Crazyapples . . glad you like it. And Thank you for mine! You did a great job with a house that was already themed. I love the vision you had for Narnia! Thank you!
    elflover and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. crazyapples Active Member

Wish I had time to finish the block in but I started a new role at work so things got hectic quickly. I'm so going to harass guildies to find out who can make those building blocks and stick in my hall thou hehe
    elflover and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I want to thank everyone that gave their secret santug's positive feedback on their houses. I also want to thank all those that gave me love and support on the videos. I am very glad you all liked the videos. I LOVED every single house. You all are amazing! Hugs! Oaky
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

As are you! :D

Uwk
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

Here's just an extra I did of Oaky's wonderful home for Valkah:-

17. Mardya Member

So... First of all, I want to say that I enjoyed the swap a LOT. I am in awe with the organization which had everything running smoothly and I loved the enthusiasm of most people involved. The vids were amazing and I am in awe with the houses I visited.

Unfortunately, there is a catch.

I love the house that was decorated for me. I am very grateful to have it. No complaints there either. But a huge part of my enjoyment in this swap also was of the thought to make someone else happy with their home, and share the work done.

This was my first swap, and I am aware that I am a newbie at decorating compared to others. My work isn't that great yet. But in order to get better I'll need feedback, and in order to get feedback others need to be able to see my work. The house I decorated was never published. I haven't seen the owner online and their mailbox is full. I have no idea if they left, or just didn't like the house, or if a real life emergency occurred.

After waiting for 17 days I am realizing that the many hours I put into decorating that house probably will have nothing more to show for it than the vid made by Oaky and I am very glad that she went through the trouble of making them, so there is at least that.

I understand that real life happens, and that I do not know what prevented the owner from publishing, or posting a message here. I try very hard not to judge but I am no saint and I am severely disappointed.

This is no fault of those organizing the event, and no blame rests on them.

I don't even know if the owner is to blame, as I have no idea what is going on, but I would like to ask everyone who is participating in this kind of events in the future to PLEASE post here if you have to be away if you are able, so the others know that publishing may not happen. If they don't like my work, please tell me. I am a big girl and I can deal with constructive criticism, but this seeming disinterest ... is - to put it nicely - not fun.
  18. Lainni Member

I apologize for not doing this sooner ... This was my first swap so I was not aware I should have published the home. I'll do that now.
    But I also I wanted to personally thank Rhosdamlie for decorating my Lucie Street home. You did a fantastic job! It's adorable and creative. Thank you for putting a little bit of peace and luv in my home :)
  19. Mardya Member

I don't know if it being published is a must, Lainni. That was a bad phrasing on my part.
    What I meant was that the house is still locked, not even open to visitors. Whether the owner wants to publish it or change things, or whatever they want to do with it, is of course their choice. Having not heard of the owner either, it has left me with he impression that they never bothered with it. Of course, that impression might be wrong! And if it is, I'd be happy to having been wrong in this case. :)
  20. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

what a beautiful home! love the orange, black and white blended together. is it published yet? I would love to see this in person. :)