Getting booted a LOT around 4pm to 8pm grrrr

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Irishmist, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Irishmist New Member

I have checked my modem, ip speed, isd net speed and they all check out fine. It has to be the game stopping on me. I get booted to the char screen when I zone in and when I zone from one zone to another zone. It is ruining my game time! It ruins my chances to group with guildies. I have been playing EQ since 2000 so am an old hand at gaming but this is really too much to deal with. I understand there are others having the same issues so don't blame my pc or my isd ....it is EQ!!!! DayBreak!!! problem!!
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  2. Buba Active Member

Booting is getting a lot worse. Crashing every 3-4 times I zone now. Last night even crashed me and would not let me back in until I created a new character. Don't know what has change but last couple of weeks have been terrible.
  3. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

How much RAM does your computer have?
    How old is your Windows?
    How good is your Display Adapter?
    and so on...

If the game (any) does not run on your computer while it runs on other computers then the problem is most likely on your side.
    Please also notice that with every expansion and every patch the game (any) usually demands more resources from your PC.
  4. Buba Active Member

My rig is less than 6 months old I7 processor, 32GB RAM and Nvidia vidcard. Should definitely by strong enough for this game. Issue is also happening to my wife and my guildees.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

Do you have dual-monitor or perhaps your PC/laptop has built-in (on-board) display adapter?
    As a test please try to disable second monitor in adapter setup and/or disable built-in display adapter.