Solusek Ro's Tower: Mololith of Fire

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mermut, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

The So'valiz fight has changed without warning.
    Instead of a straight matching of the talons, it's now mirror image of the talons on the other side.
    Not only did this lead to deaths, it's also much harder to communicate which to flip..
  2. Crilly New Member

This was added to the weekly notes. Yes it could have been communicated little more that it was coming, but at least they did put it in writing that it was changed.

Solusek Ro's Tower: Monolith of Fire [Solo]
    • The pillar rings during the So'Valiz encounter will take longer to reach the bottom.
    • Activating the wrong claws more than once during the encounter with So'Valiz will no longer outright kill you.

Solusek Ro's Tower: Monolith of Fire [Heroic & Solo]
    • Moved a couple of collectible shiney spawns down from ledges on the first floor so short races can reach them.
    • The claws around each pillar in So'Valiz's room now mirror each other.
    • Collectible shinies can now be collected on the sun rays after defeating the Avatar of the Sun.
    Xillean likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks.. missed that bit.
    No clue why the changed it... since it doesn't make it easier to do.. and makes it harder for everybody who's gotten used to it the way it was :(
  4. Kari Well-Known Member

The solo players were complaining quite a bit about it not being mirrored. Here is an example. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/i-really-hate-sol-ro-boss-mechanics.582766/

It may have made it easier for soloers, but I think the change is going to make it a lot harder for groups. We were using the clock system to have one person call out the numbers and another person click. I haven't thought of a workable alternative for that and I am kind of dreading going back to the zone.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

I died in SOLO because I've been doing it copied for so long.
    That's the only reason we didn't die in heoric....

Also, I fail to see how mirror is 'easier' then copy...
    Rhodris and beastlordius like this.
  6. beastlordius New Member

I agree.. there was nothing wrong with it.. smh :rolleyes:
    Rhodris likes this.
  7. Jhen Ro Active Member

I mostly saw people complaining about the memory game aspect of it at all and less about the mirroring.

Agree on that - flipping it weeks into the expac just caused more confusion.
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. SteveB Active Member

Both are easy, just read it directly mirrored to reduce the complexity because than it is a copy again ;-)
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

For the heroic version, mirroring is harder to have one person describe and another person match :(
    With copy... 1 is north and count clock-wise to 10.. call out or type the numbers.. copy was simple.
    now.. still not sure what is a good method.
  10. Jhen Ro Active Member

Going by how it works in solo concept wise, since not done heroic version yet....

For me it's just easier to orient standing in the east of the room facing the center cauldron. That way, equal running distance to the two pillars.

With that said.... Clock face points, 12 is west (and no claw there), 6 is east (no claw there). If west is TOP.....

North Pillar:
    Hour 11 = IN 1
    Hour 10 = IN 2
    Hour 9 = IN 3
    Hour 8 = IN 4
    Hour 7 = IN 5
    Hour 1 = OUT 1
    Hour 2 = OUT 2
    Hour 3 = OUT 3
    Hour 4 = OUT 4
    Hour 5 = OUT 5
    South Pillar:
    Hour 11 = OUT 1
    Hour 10 = OUT 2
    Hour 9 = OUT 3
    Hour 8 = OUT 4
    Hour 7 = OUT 5
    Hour 1 = IN 1
    Hour 2 = IN 2
    Hour 3 = IN 3
    Hour 4 = IN 4
    Hour 5 = IN 5
    So if northern must match the southern..... run south and the flipped ones are on the clock face hours 3, 5, 11:
    IN 3, IN 5, OUT 1
    That type of callout.
    Just a suggestion/possibility with the change.
    Again, not tried it myself, working off of theory.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

I agree the change was not needed and basically made heroic more difficult. Its doable but definitely less straight forward than the way the encounter launched. All to appease soloers who had a hard time gettinh the hang of it initially
    Lucus and Rhodris like this.
  12. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I'm a soloer/duoer and I/we found it easiest as a clock face - now you have much further to run if one is at (say) 3 and the other then becomes mirrored to 9. No, the change was definitely not needed.

I've done the full sig line on 1 character, but will not do it on any of my others. Just can't be bothered with the insane scripting in the zones and the insta-deaths.
    Lucus likes this.
  13. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

one ONE! person said they would like it to be mirrored. Everyone else complain that the gray on gray color scheme and the amount of time needed could be changed to make it easier.

The amount of time was changed. Good.

The instant death on fail was changed. Good.

The color scheme was not changed. Bad. I for one have to turn my gamma way up in there to even see the things from a distance.

The layout was changed, which for most of us made the instance harder. Bad.
    Lucus and Rhodris like this.
  14. Jhen Ro Active Member

Agree.

Was trying to be optimistic in earlier post about orientation and thinking in set vs out set... but yeah, this was not a good change, imo.

Then again, can you imagine the rage if they revert it...
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Well I did the instance (solo) after the change and I was able to figure it out... so adapt and change is the order of the day.
  16. Poetic_Justice Member

I Don't understand how the Avatar of the Sun can be such a long fight and I die each time. I have Rubcite armor on and my epic 2.0 and I can't burn him down quick enough. This doesn't make sense to me and I don't see anyone else having a problem. I must be missing something?? All the other bosses are easy and fun to battle but this one just makes me defeat the purpose of running the zone if I cant burn him down " quick enough". Mind you, he is epic x2. ??!! It's frustrating say to the least.
  17. Lucus Well-Known Member

so we have to figure it out again, because a small minority couldn't grasp the easier clock translation mechanic?

really?

the should revert the change back to translation, with 2 people you could do each round in less then 10 seconds, now you have to hope to god you don't confuse the direction you are clicking vs the direction you are calling out for the other person.

i'm completely serious, for heroics the translation setup was much, much easier and faster, i don't think they'd change it over one person.
    Rhodris and The_Real_Wurm like this.
  18. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Oh I agree that the old way was better, but if it doesn't get changed I have adapted to it.
  19. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I kept dying to him as well due to the fact I thought you had to keep jumping around to the small platforms and I kept falling into the lava. Once I figured out you could stay on the middle platform and slug it out with him I haven't died to him since.
  20. Zizinana Active Member

Hello everybody. I want to go through this zone solo, but I cannot leave the first floor: at the stage when I destroy all the crystals, the eyes disappear, but the braziers do not appear. In the solo version of the zone, you just need to step on the places where the crystals were, but in the heroic version this does not work .. Or is it impossible to go solo?