Fusion v Rift

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Buffrat, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Most of the raid warlocks on TLE have already decided they're betraying to wizard if they haven't already done so solely because of this spell. There's no reason that the spells should be this different. Fusion has been buffed multiple times over the last few years and I think it's time to buff Rift so that it has the same base damage as Fusion. You can even reduce the target count on Rift from 12 to 8, it doesn't even matter past 8. It's just silly to have a single spell instantly cause us to all betray because it makes warlocks irrelevant.

Longer duration, over double the damage, better focus effect (-60s for fusion, -30s for rift), cooler particle effect. Fusion wins every category.

[IMG]
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Also your mom loves you more if you're a wizard. Moms love wizards.
    dirgenoobforreal and Snikkety like this.
  3. Blindside New Member

Wizard are the flavor of the year... Nothing will get changed
  4. Atan Well-Known Member

Not going to be a popular opinion, but Fusion is out of balance in TLE and probably needs nerf.

Problem with just buffing Rift is, sorc is still way too strong compaired to other deeps.
    dirgenoobforreal and Draknox like this.
  5. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I mean yeah but it's easier to buff Rift than it is to nerf Fusion.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

Kingdom of Sorcerers?
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

assassins
  8. Froglok Member

Its balanced around fusion being a short cone and max 3 targets, while rift is a larger easier to use AoE with a higher target cap.

Not saying I agree with it, but thats the reasoning.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Accept it looks like the cone was made bigger as well as the targets?
    Adoninilol likes this.
  10. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Except fusion was buffed damage wise, buffed target wise, buffed radius and cone-wise. And Rift was left how it was released.
    Adoninilol likes this.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Why would you even comment on this? Did you not play beta? Obviously not~
  12. Powersaver New Member

Few things...
    1. Fusion was like that when KOS launched I played a wiz in pvp and it was 3 targets 90 degree cone 10-meter effect range (this is a big difference you are overlooking).
    2. Rift is true aoe hitting 360% around you with a much larger effect range
    3. 10 meter effect range...that means if you are more than 10 meters from the mob(like max range) you have to run up then cast it and they have to be inside the 90 degree cone or you don't hit anything(so have to recast) so in epic fights where mobs cast aoes its garbage unless you want to joust like a scout
    4. If there are a bunch of mobs(or raid trash that don't cast aoes) then yes its easy to fusion and hit something so in heroic content it's better than it is in raids but its comparable to rift all around since fusion is more situational including grabbing agro from the spike damage(this is something else overlooked that happens a lot)

My wife played a warlock and the more mobs the better her parse if there was 2 i could fusion and beat her on fights but fusion is even more situational than rift. Plus with apoc, acid storm, and cataclysm warlocks win most aoe fights even after fusion depending on the number of mobs
  13. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Fusion's 10 meter range is still bigger than firestorm and cataclysm (7.5), which you have to be in range for anyway, so it doesn't even matter that it's slightly shorter than Rift's 15 meter radius. It's easy to be in range to cast your blues, and if you're not you're not maximizing your dps.

Once again, it even says in the window I linked, FUSION IS NOW 8 TARGETS. If it were 3 targets still yeah sure I could live with it, but it's been 8 targets for a few years now. The fact that you called it garbage on raid mobs and think it's comparable to rift in any way tells me you haven't played both sorcerers yourself. Plus the part where you say "Acid Storm" when acid storm isn't even a spell that exists on FG. And the part where firestorm annihilates cataclysm spell:spell until TSO with UT from a troub.

It would be preferable for Fusion's damage to be nerfed, but then you'll just have people on live whining. Buffing Rift is an easier scenario since Rift isn't even on a warlock's hotbar on live anyway because the damage is so poor.

Here's a copy of the picture with highlights on what makes fusion most unbalanced when compared to rift currently.

[IMG]
  14. Springelf Active Member

Nerfing makes people freak out. Better to buff things. That makes people happy. Happy players make happy customers.

They nerfed my class to dust on SH and I quit for 6 months before I was over it. I'd hate to see people in my guild feel that way.

No practical comment on this subject really. I played a warlock on live way back when, betrayed to wizard because of raiding. This has always been a thing far as I know. Hopefully they can find a solution thats palatable for everyone.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Totally should nerf fusion, or buff rift and the other dps classes. One of which will totally work~
  16. Greene Active Member

It's got a long recast, so just buff it.

Kind of sad that my single target poison bolt, which has 0 cooldown 0 power cost hits harder than Rift. And that's during the previous expansion! Just sayin ;)

(no I can't spam it, go go channeler overheat bar mechanic!)
  17. Mashef Member

Well this is sad, grind out to 60 and find out your class is useless in one day.
  18. idunno125 New Member

Apparently there's a fix scheduled. Hopefully it ALSO reduces damage instead of just reducing max targets.