Ok, so . . . HOW does this happen?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Quiarrah, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

A funny thing happened to me when trying to see what the new "armor" would look like on Skyfire Quiarrah. I wnt and picked up the crate/box or whatever it is from the planes even though I am still only level 96 I figured I would have it one hand. So while trying to view it . . . THIS happened!

[IMG]

*clears throat* I mean. . . REALLY GUYS??? Now. . . this happened once before on my Areakyn on Thurgadin when she was wearing a kilt and she was naked from the waist down. . . but WHO KNEW we really had a naked BODY under that little white chemise we wear??
    Ok. . . PUT SOME CLOTHES ON ALREADY!
    I hope it is just a bug that they fix.
    elflover and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

With the lag that has been in the PoP zone no matter what number, ie PoP 1-8 at least on AB, it probably hadn't rendered as quickly as you were trying it on. The lag was between 5 seconds and 45 seconds per click at some times, and as odd as it seems, most of the time it was during off-peak hours.

Cyrrena

*blushes and averts her eyes*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

the aerakyn models do not render clothing well at all. I have found quite a few clothing items I would have wished to wear as wardrobe items, except that when I give them to my dragonkin ladies, they tend to be emperor's clothing and totally disappear on them:eek: . it's not just planar items that do it. amusing as it is, and though I do like the prettier "sexier" clothing I've seen, my internal modesty prevents even virtual me from running around totally in the buff...:rolleyes:
  4. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

*giggles incessantly*
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

If memory serves, there was at one point a sort of player-run "adults only magazine" that would've maimed to get ahold of shots like these, rather than having to leave all too much to the imagination... ;->

But yeah, I was having all sorts of fits with my purchase (finally; 50% off sales, I love you) of the KA CE expac before I realized that the problem was linked to my multiple copies of the game on my hard drive, one for the US/Test regions and one for the EU region, just for this season (because having to wait 1-2 HOURS every time I switch between the two regions on the planet is a bit freaking much; far better to have one "always" on Europe and another "always" Across the Pond). It had confused the install, so I finally figured it out, killed one of them, and everyone was happy again. But while my Test and EU toons were loading and playing just fine, my US toons, for the most part, wouldn't load at all, though my female Aerakyn did...albeit their clothes didn't. :-/

A male Aerakyn's head and neck loaded, and one of the females I didn't have to worry about, blush-wise, because her render stopped at about the collarbone, maybe the sternum, and didn't continue until below the knees or some such. It's always the lowly that suffer...unless the "Noble" ones (if you want them to be able to fly at level 85) have issues as well. ;->

Uwk
  6. elflover Well-Known Member

Never thought you could be truly nekkid in game...*blushes*
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Normally you can't, but if you're curious about some of those, what I would call, well ... something that won't get redacted ... hmm ... "questionable virtue" dresses, I can guarantee, based on my ratongas and other non-humanoids, that NOTHING is left to the imagination in some of them. Not even the "tennis shorts/bikini bottoms" under some of them. :-/

Uwk
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am not a prude by any means, but I just will not wear the dresses, but then I wouldn't wear them in real life either. I believe in at least a modicum of modesty. But it seems either you are almost naked or dressed more like an Amish or Hutterite person covered entirely from the neck down. A female can show a bit of cleavage or leg without ho'ing about town but that is not how game designers see a female. Every game I have seen shows a tremendously busty female with less materials in their whole ensemble than I have in my socks. There is no realistic dressing or character types. Even scaling your female to the smallest available, they all have a rack like they have had breast enhancement surgery.

Just my thoughts on it but then I am not a fashionista in any way, shape, or form.

Cyrrena
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Probably a hold-over from wish-fulfillment comics (don't EVEN get me started on Rob "How d'ya like my human disguise? Convincing, no?" Liefeld ["You people have feet? And elbows? And what do you mean, your spines can't actually bend like that?"])...beats me how most of the flying females can actually achieve sufficient lift, unless they nullify gravity there. :-/

What we need, like in most of the rest of life, is more female representation. ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

Variety. I support more variety.

Some folks like Joan of Arc while others lean more toward the 'classic' chain mail bikini, and everything in between. The good news is more games are recognizing this. The bad news is EQ2 is not one of them. I mean females in this game don't even get shoes with their dresses.

Also, in the interest of fairness - of course, I demand hotpants for males! Maybe some open vests as well.

Female characters can fly in EQ2 because their soga models are filled with helium for lift... at least parts of them are! (I also support chest sliders)
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I guess my problem with it is, exactly how protective is that chainmail bikini? When I see more flesh uncovered than covered, I have to assume that any foe will go for the open flesh as they will drop like the sickly gazelle, first.

A male needs to be covered from the top of his head to the bottom of his feet in plate, yet a female accompanying the male can wear less protection than the male has on the bottom of his feet and has the same survivability? Is the female a distraction, a meat shield, bait? Are we implying that the female is the stronger of the species so she needs less protection?

So many questions, so few answers. *runs off to ponder the issues further*

Cyrrena
  12. Febrith Well-Known Member

Definitely that one haha:)
  13. Tekka Well-Known Member

I believe this image will answer all of your questions:

[IMG]
  14. Febrith Well-Known Member

LOL
  15. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

/win Truly a LOL /win! :D
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Runequest vs. DnD-type games: In DnD-type games (Pathfinder, etc.), there's just Armor Class, and it doesn't state how much coverage is involved, just the material (Plate protects better than Leather, for instance, no matter how many pieces there are or how ludicrous the art looks, but it's heavier, more restrictive, and not everyone can wear it [poor squishy Cloth wearin' casters...]). In Runequest, each target area had its own "hit points" as a percentage of the total, and each area could be armored separately. I kind of like that; it's more realistic. ;->

Uwk
    who liked Runequest, it's just that it took freakin' for-EVER to create a character that usually died in 5 minutes... :-/
  17. Tekka Well-Known Member

I think it was Boothill (could be remembering which game wrong) where there was a long, very convoluted character creation process... in which you could die.

:eek:
  18. Kenana Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist adding my LOL
  19. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well I still say we could use some *sexier* clothing in EQ2 . . . just NOT THAT sexy (as in my Screenshot). I mean even WoW and Guild Wars 2 have a better Fashion department than we do for crying out loud. . .

[IMG]

I'd even go for something like these! Why can't WE have this???
    I demand new fashion DESIGNERS . . . .

Now I have a character in Guild Wars 2 wearing this except for the top . . NOT even. . .

[IMG]
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I found out the shoes thing, is a bug with the equipment shoes. If I remove my equipped shoes/boots, the shoes magically appear.

I originally bought the white mage outfit (Concordium?) years ago for my Templar (female) because a lot of options were too busty and leggy. And I finally figured out how to get the shoes to show up... she has to be barefoot to not look barefoot. Hmmm...

That said, I had my male SK wearing an Indiana Jones hat and a gi with a shirtless top for a few years. It suited his devil may care personality. I've since seen a lot of troll characters dressed that way. Both amusing.

That said too.... no outfit can be too skimpy for my fairy. :p She has no shame.