Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Test Taffies Active Member

I found a bug... in the Frostfell crafting instance...

When doing Frostfell Trees, The recipe asks for a frostfell tree kit, but the item you pick up as the 'harvest' is frostfell timber and makes it so that we are unable to craft that item for the gigglebiters er... Nudd Frostfoot.

I have deleted that particular quest and tried again same thing occurs.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Test Taffies Active Member

Ok, apparently i had a rough morning, i found the TREE KITS and used the glue and wire to make those trees.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The race Uwk should be the one inside of Wonderland Village on the ice.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Thanks. :)

Uwk
  5. Lera Well-Known Member

The one where you're helping the cubes escape with their candy canes.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

*sings loudly* cube chunks roasting on an open fire, Santa Glug nipping at our nose.....
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

You are so not getting any Frostfell presents.
    Siren and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, while I am thinking of it, I'd like to put in a request to Santa that he stop giving out those hideous gumdrop towers next year. ;)
    Tkia, Tekka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Katz Well-Known Member

But I like the gumdrop towers! He could put them on one of the goblins to sell them to us.:p
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

YES!! Brilliant idea, since I was disappointed at the result of my query (basically: "Nope, Uwk, it's the race you don't like in the Village that has the old Santa Glug gifts as a reward..." /sigh; at least the ice isn't as ridiculous as it used to be, and now I know :D), and definitely think all the old gifties (maybe barring the Heirloom ones? including them? still don't have enough Lemon Yellow Gumdrops, and I'd've been delighted to see them back...) should be available from the gobbo merchants. :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK/BUG:

Is it my imagination, or have the requirements to Gather materials from the Presents nodes in the Frostfell Village INCREASED?? I'm still getting the "You failed to gather anything from the present" [loozr!] messages, even at 52/170. And since "the present has no rare components to harvest," I can't tell when I might be even remotely close to getting it to "trivial." I thought that, years ago, the harvesting requirement was set at like 1 or something, so even the newest noob could happily participate in the festivities. How discouraging to see that even a level 31 Ranger/34 Armorer is coming up dry more often than not. >:-/

Uwk
    who is NOT looking forward to going through this nonsense again every time I level >:-/

EDIT: Ah! Finally; "trivial." At 95/170. >:-/
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And my request: that all the Candles, Snowflakes, etc., etc., etc. that are cluttering up our Present nodes (and our inventories) now? Can we please just put those all on the Merchants? I really like them, but I also want to actually finish what I need to with the materials harvests. :-/

Uwk
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

my dear Uwkete ( gives hug to Kitty )
    this harvesting problem is well known, every time you level up your harvesting knowledge has to play catch up.
    That means you have to harvest till you get up to max and only than will you be able to harvest without failing.

Thanks heaven the Frostfell festival is now on test . :D

o yea just a reminder
    Kaitheel I would like to ask here again if we please could have at least one snow glob ( maybe the one with a tree inside )
    and a Frostfell tree on the merchant for Fallen Gate pretty please :):cool:;):D

oh and one more thing
    We still have no Frostfell Tree in Freeport the presents are here , but no tree ,must be because we are
    " evil " or something , well at least give us a big bag of coals than .
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: Can Gutten Gigglegibber in Gorowyn offer us a choice of frosty or dead Frostfell trees (though I guess the dead ones wouldn't be nearly as funny without the dialogue, I'll admit ;->)? Gorowyn is such an awesome, truly neutral place, it'd be cool if the Goods and Evils could both get their dream trees...and the Goods could get to experience the joys of the dead ones. :D

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, exactly, but back in the old days, it was only up to 32 skill before it went trivial, not 95. :(

True! :D

Hmm! I know you folks there were getting a lot of the stuff on the merchants, but I didn't know the snow globes weren't there! :(

On Test, or on Fallen Gate? On Test, there are none of the official trees up yet, not in Qeynos or Freeport. They won't go up, I think, until Frostfell goes Live. :-/

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG:

In Merry Mischief, the gingerdread cookies and violent gumdrops are able to go from the ground floor outside (basically, akin to the pathing down to the docks in the 6-room New Halas houses) all the way up to the balcony, and occasionally be targetable (and occasionally untargetable) and attack as well.

EDIT: While down in the basement, after the Humbugs went through the portal, another Gumdrop (lime green, so it hadn't been one of those from the ground floor or upper floor that I'd seen) had come up, apparently, from the docks levels down below.

EDIT: And more than one opponent, once through the portal and along the trail down to the docks myself, would either leap UP to the balcony above once combat started, or a "patrolling" gumdrop would be "too far away" to hit when it was running (squelching?) over my toes to hit with a melee weapon. Literally had to shoot arrows at it; thank the gods the Devs reduced the minimum range for that. ;->

And my faithful gingery companion would also run off, all the way back up as far as he could go, at random intervals (thank goodness not while he was helping me fight...).

EDIT: Okay, this was funny and weird and aggravating, all at the same time. Found a group of three ginger opponents at the docks level, took aim (being a Ranger) at the one I presumed was the caster, and let fly, since they were in range. They ran up to me, ran PAST me, continued to run all the way up near the portal, ran back after they'd run safely out of my bow range (and no, I don't have any Scare/Fear thing up) and canceled the fight, then went aggro again as they ran right past me, back to their original spots. I fired again. VROOM! Ran, ran, ran, as fast as they -- could...dratted English tenses, messing with a good joke...but same thing. I finally only convinced them to stay put and fight me and Crumbles by walking up to them, long after they'd healed up to full again. :-/

Tried again, with a gumdrop. VROOM!! Off it went! Back and forth, with Crumbles chasing at one point. Finally had to cancel auto-firing and just wait for it to calm down and return to default. It's probably gumming (heh!) at my toes as I'm writing this, but thankfully I have Crumbles. He's useless at holding aggro, but he does his best. ;->

Sent him in first against the gumdrop, once it came back. Off HE went, up to the portal and back again...finally came back down and started whittling away at the gumdrop. I tried to help him by firing once; it almost made it out of the area again before dying. ;->

Once we actually got down to the literal docks area, no more of that nonsense...probably because they'd dissolve if they tried to go DOWN into the ocean. ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The pathing issue is happening in the entire game due to some recent changes that they made. so it's not specifically a Frostfell issue. In Ritual Chamber, the 3 linked named elementals do some REALLY weird pathing towards the front of the zone before they return to me, and my merc happily chases them. :O
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Kaitheel, would you please look at the heights of the candy in the Candy Grab for Antonica and Commonlands. The height seems to make a lot of the candies and candy canes unattainable by the smaller races. You can dash over them or stand still right over them but apparently the trigger point to collect it is higher up than the smaller races are tall.

Thank you

Cyrrena
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or have the recent recipes been using more and more of the really uber rare materials for the holidays? When we clamored for more healthy dishes for Frostfell, they were made with Fresh Celery (okay, not too rare) and Raw Fowl. Previously, we had like three recipes using Fancy Purple Wrap, which I'm finding to be rare (at least on Test); the most recent two books in the Frostfell Scholarly series has an additional eight new recipes that need it. In Brewday, Emerald Clovers don't exactly grow on trees (heh!), and the eight most recent recipes using it were introduced in the last three years. Thank heavens the Bristlebane mats are fairly equally plentiful, and the Nights of the Dead and Erollisi Day mats are all interchangeable/convertible with themselves. ;->

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah...not only are the ginger and gummy fiends in the Factory pathing weird, but when I went to target the lone gumdrop at the top of the stairs, I got gang-jumped by THREE GROUPS, which has never happened before this year (happened this year as well to my Ranger, but she has more options). With a Templar, who doesn't have terribly decent AoEs...if I didn't still have the 9 Health and 9 Power potions still available, they could've killed me. >:-/

Uwk