about factions in new extension

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juliette06 Member

if u choose one faction you can't make quests of others factions otherwise you decrease your status if i well understood:is there anything to do about that i mean i just really can't make quests of the two others factions??
    i find that disegreable and i miss a big part of the game too!
    ( what is the best faction to take then?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Do one to 50k faction for sig line, then go and do another one. once you 50k in a faction you can never fall below 20k or something like that. I agree it is not explained at all, be nice to have a manual of some kind.
    Twyla and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Yado Active Member

It has always been this way with faction bases content, you do one you will decrease another. As for the best faction to start out with there is no noticeable difference between the three. So pick one and finish it to 50k then do the sig line up to where you at least get into the coliseum of valor then either finish the sig line or start on another faction until it is to 50k. In the end you will want to have done the sig line, all three factions to 50k ( at least once per ) and you will get an offhand that can be upgraded with very very nice stats.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

REALLY?!!?
    While I know those who RUSH to get to the end of particular expansions might have missed a detail on Faction Based Content, Would you mind explaining the rather ominous island in the Moors of Ykesha known as Brokenskull Rock?
    Where all one need do is end the pitiful existence of the hostile-to-all, void-touched pirates, and (gasp) ALL THREE Moors' Factions appreciate that. (read: gain positive faction with the Trolls, Frogs, and Ogres)

Hence the request for a FOURTH faction in Plane of Magic that is equally hostile to the other three factions like what is found in the Moors.
    {strange that the PM sent to several DEVs yet remains unanswered}
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

In fens the factions were independent as well iirc
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Would you like a hug? Or maybe some ointment? He's probably just harkening back to DoF or even Scars of Velious where you have the three opposing faction system. Either way, this isn't a new thing. You just have to make a choice.
    Twyla, Melt and Dude like this.
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

not sure i follow the term "independent"
    One thing I do know, that Plane of Magic and Moors of Ykesha has one killing faction B, to gain faction with A.
    The caveat with Moors is that with the Brokenskull Pirates, is one need not injure potentially needed factions to gain factions.
    The point being, instead of offending by killing the innocent and non-hostile, to introduce a FOURTH faction that the other three are in opposition to.
    ...to coin a phrase, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."
    THAT fourth oppressive faction I would involve myself in ridding the Plane of Magic of; not. the. others.
  8. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Have you actually played through any of the factions yet?
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

since I do not know you. no.
    I find it interesting how those who stand for a principle seem to have others go out of their way to publicly try and discredit them,... :rolleyes:
    and thank you Ms. Stormfire, you have reminded me of something I had forgotten about this venue.
  10. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I wasn't attempting to discredit you, I was somewhat light-heartedly poking fun at you for throwing a hissy fit without any sort of provocation. You discredited any point you were attempting to make all on your own dude.
  11. Conifur Well-Known Member

The factions are the best way to level Ascensions on ALTs if they are not done yet. Run the potion they give and do the quest. Easy Ascension and you get the heirloom scrolls to boot.
  12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

A word of caution here. Do NOT stop and run to the next faction once you hit 50K with a faction. Make sure you finish the LAST faction quest. Why is this important? To eliminate the very problem the OP mentioned. Once you've done that quest, then your faction for that clan will never go below 20 K. One of our guildies made that mistake and I can't tell you how long it will take to recover that mistake because there's no "do overs."
  13. Yado Active Member

Yep made this mistake already I forgot and did not do the last quest for Pak. So when I finished my 3rd faction I was expecting my nice offhand ( a shield in my case ) I found myself having to grind out 30k for Pak again so I can do the last quest.
  14. Kheldorm Active Member

I'm working all to 20k first, then going back and finishing them once I have that "Save point".. is that wrong?
  15. Yado Active Member

I don't know. I have always gone to 50k assuming it was what you needed to lock in the 20k. Let me know how that turns out for you.
  16. Kheldorm Active Member

No, you only have to hit 20k to lock it in.
    Once you hit 20, it can't go lower, so I'm doing all to 20k first.
  17. Kayas Member

Who is right? It is an awful thing to be wrong about.
  18. Oldegreg New Member

Which potion and where do you get it?
  19. Conifur Well-Known Member

Hindsight being 20/20 I probably should not have wrote that. You only get them if you are a sucker like me who paid for the PE Addition.

Forgive me because I to am an old Greg.
    Dude and Semperfifofum like this.
  20. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I bought it too. I'm not a fan of focusing only on the "free" options, we're all capitalists, right? The potions are super helpful. Possibly the best reason to go Premium. "Overloaded Ascension" potions, I mean.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.