Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2017

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Greying out of event recipe books happens when you are viewing with a crafting subclass that is used for the recipe book themselves. So, for a max level Craftsman, the Feast/Crafts one would be greyed out. For Scholars, the Scholarly Pursuits book would be greyed out, for outfitters, the Outfits book ... or at least that's how it normally works for them, since the items in those books don't use things like geomancy and such, but class-specific crafting arts.

And yes D'Ina's pathing is much, much worse this year during her initial roam and babble stage. Once she is attackable at the end, she's in the proper spot, of course, but for the rest of the time, well, she's like the Sta-Puff Marshmallow Man in Ghostbusters - stomping all over buildings, mobs, etc. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Oooh, thanks Mum, I knew I was forgetting something about the greying mechanics. Obviously, Leucosia being a carpenter, the carpenter book is grey.

During Deepice Mystery, I had Jarok Frostpetals and Frostbite spawn multiple times as NPC. The first time it broke the fight (or maybe it wasn' the same mobs? it happened so fast) , I left and came back and as soon as I engaged, another batch of NPC spawned. The 2 extra mobs despawned when the quest updated. Nobody was around at that time.

Ah, and a feedback that we just spoke about in homeshow: would there be a way to make the light on the frostfell trees persist (as set by the owner) when nobody is in the house? It's kinda sad to have your carefully arranged trees all dark when somebody visits and you're not there to turn them n properly.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pixistik like this.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Another two bug fixes headed your way for Frostfell:
    • It's Time to Sleigh the Dragon! - The Hatched Ice Dragon in Icy Keep (easy) is now unkillable, no matter your level.
    • Ice Maiden D'Ina is now stationary, at her initial location within the outer walls of Icy Keep (easy).
    Again, I'm not sure when these changes will be on Beta.

~ Kaitheel
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Now that I am sort of awake...THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Seriously my jaw dropped at all the amazing goodies. This stuff is so fabulous I am drooling!!!!!!!!!! I figured it wouldn't be fixed right away since so so so much is going on right now. I knew you weren't ignoring me. :)
  5. floofloobunny Active Member

I read there would be a new mount on the merchent and got all excited. I said to myself, "please dont be yet another lion mount. Weve had only lion mounts added as rewards/event items as of late."

Then I reasoned with myself, "theres no possible way it will be a lion mount. Its just too repetitious and my kerrans refuse to ride them. "

My kerran horde got all hopeful. Its yet another lion mount!

Please, lets do some other mount types as recolors??

A frostfell themed leaper bunny or raptor would be so cool! Or flyers, unique wings for players or a rudolph mount? How about a duck recolor? Please? Im begging you
  6. Tabbyclouds Member

On Stormhold last year we couldn't scribe the key recipes for the frostfell crafting stations because we were only up to level 80. I got all excited thinking that we would be able to make them this year, only to realise you need lvl 90 harvest resources. I haven't got any lvl 90 adventurers as yet, but am I right in thinking there is nowhere to get these on SH? I'm just a little confused as I managed to buy some a while back from the broker. But no roots so won't be able to make a full set of keys :(

Thanks in advance for any help.
  7. Hadrian New Member

Now that Frostfell is live on Beta, I would very much like to install Beta for the weekend. However, my primary hard disk is almost full, and I run EQ2 Live and EQ2 Test from my primary hard disk C:\. By default, the patcher creates another subfolder on C:\ for the Beta version, but I can't afford that. Is it possible to install Beta on another partition or on an external hard drive?
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

is it intended that you no longer get an frostfell tree for doing the the new tiers quest A gigglegibber's work is never done by a gigglegibbler..." in previous years each tier had to get the tree for the first go around. have you changed that for this year?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tkia like this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

I haven't done this in a few years but I seem to recall that you had to do it multiple times before you got to the tree reward?
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

no it has always been the first time infact first time you don't even get another choice then you do it multiple times to get the the other rewards
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Bless you and yours and Caith and his to the skies for stackable furniture! :D

Now if you could get the Nightmarish Ceremonial Plate Armor pieces from Nights of the Dead to stack, I will gladly submit you all for the beautification process. :D

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This will probably be one of the more thoroughly tested holidays, between Beta and Test servers, especially with the new influx of population on the latter! :D

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, I dunno, I love the lion mounts, even my kerras! Probably because back in the day (still hasn't been fixed yet?), they enabled us to fly at level 10 anything, adventurer or crafter. Now you have to be level 35 (have they fixed that text yet?), but that's still wonderfully early for flight capability. :)

So, yeah, I'm very fond of them, though I too would like to see additional variety in the mounts. :)

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Pant, pant...I'd read the blurb Denmum did, but I thought you might be changing that...no fair giving Da Kitteh a heart attack! A title like "Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2017 BETA" would've been kind. ;)

Woot! Thanks! :D

Once a day (24 hours) or every 18 hours? :-/

So, will that then start at 12 am GMT on 12/05 in Europe (since we're 8 hours behind them)? And end at 11 pm GMT 01/03? Just getting all my numerous ducks in a row... ;->

Uwk
  15. Tabbyclouds Member

We are 8 hours ahead so it will be 4 p.m. on 5th and end at 7 in the morning of the 4th, I believe?
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Right! D'oh...8 hours AHEAD, Uwk, AHEAD...so, 8 am PST +8 hours = 1600 hours = 4 pm... X-P

On the other hand, Kaitheel said it would coincide with the game update schedule, which is like 9 pm GMT? :confused:

Uwk
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Alenna Well-Known Member

quest "Special delivery" running through on a level 110 the imolated invaders are level 100 not level 110
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

What about the gifty bags we could buy from the marketplace last year and toss out so others could get gifts from them? I still have a couple that I did not use. Also Santa Glug travelling through Qeynos and Freeport like last year, is that returning?

Cyrrena
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't recall that Marketplace item; sounds cool! I'm just usually really cheap and just go with the Frostfell Crackers. ;->

Uwk
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Also, I'm confuzzled...the Race that has the new prizes consisting of old Santa Glug gifted baubles (thank you, devs!!! :D), is that the one outside, in Antonica/Commonlands, or the one in the Village? :confused:

Uwk