Beta healing changes?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by dirgenoobforreal, Oct 22, 2017.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

So did they finally fix healing in this game so it isn't 1-100 no matter what you cast?

Did they fix the awful 100-0 tank deaths?

They have been told numerous times to reduce tank saves timers, and require co-ordination with things like true faith, divine guidance, thorns etc etc. yet they wont do it. Making mobs swing more often for less has also been suggested.

Is healing engaging again or is it the same boring stuff we had going for the last 4 to 5 expansions? I personally dont preorder games anymore after burning my fingers the last 10 years of doing so, and not having the developers talk about features or game changes in the stream left me with these questions.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

None of the class changes are 'live' in beta yet.
    That being said, with the starting gear, potency has gone up and health has gone down (less sta and straight health on the gear + no purple slots + only white slots on jewelry) (unless there are changes to health that aren't in beta yet), so that particular healing imbalance is even worse the it is in live right now.
    Earar likes this.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

but hard to say so long we don't have the new spells.
  4. Stach Well-Known Member

Isn't there a whole forum for beta? or do people not in beta not see them?
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

they can see but cannot ask questions in the beta forum I think. If you don't play in beta
  6. Kari Well-Known Member

Hopefully we will be able to find out more when they add in dungeons and raids. Right now the beta only contains solo content, and I haven't encountered anything difficult enough to require healing.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are no healing mechanics or healing spells changes in game yet. Without them, even group content won't tell us anything.
  8. Duffy Active Member

Obviously healing changes won't come? Haven't seen it myself in Discord, but in one of the threads in the general discussions forum (Class overhauls) says so. Playing a warden, I am seriously underwhelmed and don't know what to say.
    Earar likes this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

see the good things. damage = AAs
    masters or GM spells of our tiers will still over heal in next xpac
    buffs are underwhelming

---> no spell upgrades, u don't need to use your plats :)
    u don't need to change your spells or macros

but I agree, having a warden too as heal ... I feel really sad. Our issues will still be there, whether we can fully heal .. whether people get OS and can't do much about it.
    Duffy likes this.
  10. Duffy Active Member

I wish I had your stoicism;) What I don't get is how they can let people into beta, let people preorder under these pretense to test class balance changes, people who waited for MONTHS to see especially healing balance done, let them a week in discuss the expected-but-not-yet-here-balances in the priest beta forum, and then casually mention on discord, 'oh btw, don't look out for spell changes, don't look for healing balance, we scrapped THAT months ago'. But waste a live stream with the introduction of the cool crossbow. How cool the buff illusion is. That people can preorder, hurray! o_O
    Mermut likes this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

it's ironic .. I'm pissed off .. but what do u wanna do ?

only thing left is stop playing, that .. we'll see in the next month or 2 I guess
    Mermut and Duffy like this.
  12. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The AA change is going to be huge though for certain priests. I'm super excited about being able to take left side single target wards along with group damage reduction from the right side (Fury). Prestige builds are really going to be crazy for a while!
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s sadly kind of the only good thng.
    And everybody will take the resets and the CB to pot conversion :).

Sadly except for that therés no changes in AA themselves. Like make the heal stance relevant again. I knew they were not gonna do much. But i really wonder what they’ve been doing. No new spell (the new tier doesn’t count as new spell sorry), no new AA, no class balance, no AA changes, ... they only removed AA restrictions. But now people will just take the best or forced AA and leave the rest alone. Even in prestige, there are too many outdated ones
  14. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm fed up with the same lazy approach for years. I want my class to be relevant. I want to heal after all. I'm sick of either full health or dead next hit situation, of using (spaming by cd is the better word) 5% of my abilities, while the rest is being obsolete, of endless grind, of boring quests....you name it.

And I see no desire to change thigs from devs, they do not think how to please players, how to make the game more interresting for us, but rather focus on the ways to get more money from us, exploiting those categories who can be forced/convinced to pay more. The last stream is a clear example: less then a 5 minutes of the new, not very useful information, not a single glimpse on class changes and other important stuff, just buy, buy, buy that shiny crossbow.

Not going to preoder, not going to test, first time in over 10 yeas I need to add, including some special tests for a few selected guilds. Very upset on the state of beta and the game in general.

I still have a bit of hope in positive changes for priests. It's fading though with every beta day.
    quisling and Earar like this.
  15. Earar Well-Known Member

especially when they told us the 10 new levels were for class balance and class consolidation. especially when they told us this xpac was gonna be the best EQ2 xpac. this xpac was the balance xpac. they also said the new AAs were coming this week and so on

and u just realise there's nothing new ... even spells upgrade are not impressive. So all gimped classes will stay gimped.

this was the make or break xpac ... feels it tends toward break
    Ixian and Duffy like this.
  16. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Sadly, healing has been this way for years, you're either 100% healthy and fine, or dead. Very little in between. It's so broken now that the chance to fix it may be gone. The size of a heal versus the size of a health pool is completely out of whack. Pretty much any heal that any healer has is a complete heal - and that should NOT be the case. I certainly remember when each healer had two single target direct heals - and they were each useful in situations - and neither was a complete heal.

The fix to healing has to start with making the size of heals fit the size of health pools again while simultaneously balancing the damage output of mobs. It likely means shrinking or expanding everything in different proportions. It would lead to a better game, greater balance and a lot more fun for *all* healers, and I would love to see it happen, but I can also appreciate that doing so is an immense undertaking given the current state of the game and size of the development team.

So, the real question is, how much would YOU pay for an EQ2 where there is a team of an appropriate size to handle things like this. We know that $15 a month is going to continue to give us what we have now. Would $25 a month give us enough development staff to really address things like this? Could we be patient enough to allow them to work? I don't know.
  17. knine Well-Known Member

Do you want to solo heal the hardest heroic zone out the gate without deaths? I bet by now, (actually a while ago now), any class healer can solo heal any of the content without deaths. Yes this 100-0 sucks, wardens with cyclone on tanks and them cycling stoneskins helps. clerics with equilibrium helps..mages not pulling agro so mob faces you, usually helps with one shots as well. There are lots of things that go into what really makes us die. Is healing on an equal playing field, nope. Can it ever be, nope. Just by the description of the heals themselves anyone should know this. All healers are relevant. I have one of every healer, and I still don't PUG. Even when people ask me. Why, because too many people simply at this point still don't understand or play their classes to their potentials. I've tanked with every type healer solo healing me. Was one more complicated than the other, sure. But one tank over the other 5 are different as well. SK's take beatings while Pally's shine depending on healers. True broken classes are wizzies and locks. On beta rangers are broken. We could have way worse problems than we have. Again are we even steven across the board, nope. If we were all same then we should only have one healer in the game with all the same abilities and then you could be happy and everyone would... well wait, nope then they would complain that they weren't unique.
  18. Vunder Well-Known Member

Want easy-mode healing.

Roll a channeler. Learn how to play it.

PRAY TO GOD you get a raid leader that knows what friggin group you belong in...or its afk and go watch TV while you autofollow someone and passive heal
  19. knine Well-Known Member

LOL everyone is saying this is a shaman xpac coming up... I like the above post.. channelers are awesome :)
    Snikkety likes this.
  20. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

After having healed a few heroics already I can answer my own question:

Its still the same boring way to heal, wo hoo. :oops: