Ironforge Exchange Faction

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Grouse, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Grouse Active Member

Here is a wild one. One of my crafters, level 98 from Qeynos, went to get the guild hall trophy pedestal recipe at the Iron Forge exchange in North Qeynos ... and discovered he didn't have the needed 40,000 faction with Ironforge Exchange.

In fact, it turns out he has ZERO faction. The Ironforge Exchange isn't even listed. The only crafting factions he has listed are;
    35,000 with The Far Seas Trading Company Supply Division
    3,500 with The Far Seas Trading Company itself
    and that is it...

I went to check on doing crafting writs in the Ironforge Exchange and discovered that the level 97 rush orders would give him +300 with Tunare's Pages. (another one that he doesn't have listed)

Did they change all the Qeynos quests to be Far Seas Trading company oriented and drop Ironforge faction from the picture? If so, they may want to update the faction vendor. Meanwhile, my carpenter, who has been around many years, has 50,000 faction with the Ironforge Exchange, so I have a "work-around".

He was offered his level 55 Advanced Journeyman Task, which would grant him +1,000 faction with Tunare's Pages. (I just found that he has 38,900 faction with Tunare's Pages, listed under Faydwer, which is the faction offered with our guild hall crafting writs.)
  2. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Was it the first character that had the faction with Tunare's Pages?
    It sounds like they started out in Kelethin and moved to Qeynos without switching citizenship?
    It doesn't matter where you craft, the faction gained is always with your home crafting society.

--
    It seems that switching citizenship means that future crafting faction is gained with the new city's tradeskillers but the old faction remains with the old one.
    So, if I've understood the situation right, your crafter might want to wait with any change of citizenship until they have 50,000 faction with Tunare's Pages and buy their faction dependent items from them.

What does their city faction look like?
    Finora, Cyrrena, Shmogre and 2 others like this.
  3. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

You need to be a citizen of Qeynos to get Ironforge Exchange faction. Like Hexalobular said, if you change citizenship you keep the faction accrued with the old city tradeskillers. I personally started in Halas, got 50K with Ravens of the North, changed citizenship to Kelethin, got 50K with Tunare's Pages, and am now a citizen of Qeynos earning Ironforge Exchange faction. It's of no real use, except for being able to buy from all the tradeskill merchants.
    Cyrrena, Spindle, Shmogre and 2 others like this.
  4. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

Only three more to go! :p
    flameweaver and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Grouse Active Member

LOL -- Citizenship never crossed my mind as the cause of this "problem".

What is interesting is that Citizenship doesn't seem to appear anywhere in your character's status. The only way I could tell was looking at the his faction as he only had Ally status with one city. If you gained Ally faction with more than one city, would the crafting writs be the only way you could discern what your current citizenship is?
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Another thing to note is that your Tunare's Pages faction didn't show where you were looking, as they're listed by geographic area. So it'd be under Faydwer.

One the character I am online with now, her crafting factions show in the Shattered Lands category, with 50K faction for both the Ironforge Exchange and 50K for Ravens of the North (Halas). This is because I ground to max faction with one, then changed citizenship and ground to 50K with the other. However, only the one I am actively a citizen of (Halas) will let me buy crafting society faction items.
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Grouse Active Member

Without going to purchase something, how can you tell what your current city of citizenship is?
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It *should* be the only city with which you have 40K+ faction.

As you also found, checking with a crafting writ giver anywhere will also give you the clue. (If the faction offered is Tunare's Pages, for example, you're a Kelethin citizen)
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  9. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Two ways I can think of.
    Firsty check your City Factions, your Home City will be the one with at least 40K faction and the other two cities on the same alignment will (most probably) show current standing as indifferent. Alternatively lookup your character on eq2wire and scroll the lefthand panel down to the Miscellaneous section. Your Home City is shown there.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

When in doubt, I usually go grab a TS writ and see which is the faction I'd earn. I used to just see where I was bound to, but since can bind in any city of your alignment that one doesn't work as well anymore.
    Laaw likes this.
  11. Alenna Well-Known Member

No matter which city you get the writs or journeyman quests in your faction for tradeskill is with the starting city you choose when you created the character unless you did the ambassodor quest to change cities you must have chosen Kelethin as your starting city and never changed cities to qeynos. I think the confusion comes from you being allowed to live in any city of the same faction without actually switching loyalty to that city.
    Laaw likes this.
  12. Sionx Renaissance Ranger

If you use EQ2U you'll find your city of citizenship listed as "Home City" just above the CtH (Call to Home) bind location. It's visible in the equipment view > left pane > Miscellaneous section.
  13. Elinea Well-Known Member

On the tails of this post, I think it should be a bug that needs fixing if you gain 50K faction with a crafting faction such as Ironforge Exchange, then later betray, then discover that none of those npc's want my business....even though my faction is still at 50K. If I can get myself into the city, I should still be able to purchase from the faction merchant if I have the required faction, even if my alignment has changed.
  14. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

You may be able to get yourself in and out of a hostile city, but those vendors have to live there after you're gone. I'm betting the Crown would be real unhappy with their supposedly loyal subjects who did business with the enemy. Even though they may like you, they're not going to risk their livelihoods by trading with you. Makes sense from an RP perspective.