Why I'm quitting instead of PoP

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Indrajit, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Indrajit Member

I decided to start the Epic 2.0 in preparation for PoP.
    Then I hit the total pita quest Scale Break. Even the wikia says prepare to fail "dozens of times." The comments about it are almost entirely furious rants.
    I tried over a dozen times then I realized I've got way better things to do with my time.
    This is not the kind of gameplay that one signs up for in an MMO. I understand other types of challenges.
    It's a major roadblock in the getting the Epic.
    So I'm outta here.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  2. Fixit Active Member

Your choice. Give up game is easier for sure.
    Dude and Spindle like this.
  3. Jabbso Active Member

I did that quest yesterday, it took 7 minutes from picking it up to completion.

Just learn the pathing of the guards. I got caught a few times but it wasn't horrendous.

If you think this quest is a roadblock then I'm not sure you'd have enjoyed Epic 2.0 anyway.
    Snikkety and Dude like this.
  4. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

I mean.. I guess?

Can I have your plat?
    Leeroy likes this.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

Does someone have to hold your hand every time you cross the street? Because honestly the quest isn't any harder than that.
    Snikkety, Dude, Tx80i and 1 other person like this.
  6. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

It'z toooo haaarrrd..... I quit!

It'z toooo easyyyy.... I quit!

Others get better lootz than me because they wont just gimme lootz for nothing........I quit!

Others' playstyle gives me a mad.... I quit!

They won't cater to my every whim..... I quit!

There. Now you have several excuses to choose from. Play it, don't play it. Quit posting whinefests.
    Snikkety, Spindle, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  7. Castegyre Well-Known Member

The first time I did the quest I wanted to punch a cat, but at the time I didn't own a cat. So I gave my dog a pat and decided to bide my time. I don't like to read other people's walk-throughs when I can avoid it, but I did figure out the quest eventually and once I did it was fairly easy from then on.

Oh, and these games are supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun then do something about it. Sometimes that means finding another game.
  8. Tx80i Member

There are alot of players that have obtained their epic 2.0s. Instead of coming to the forums to rage quit about your lack of patience, just find something out of game to do for an hour and try again later.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

What do you expect in a MMO ?

because in other games you don't have the "GAME OVER" ? how many games were we obliged to start again ?

it's part of game design.
  10. Bardonio Active Member

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Scale_Break There is a video there too in case you wanted to see it in action. I hope whatever you decide to do makes you happier but above all else, breathe.
    Finora, Lateana, Spindle and 2 others like this.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

That quest is the worst I've ever completed in this game. It is beyond dumb. If you find an alternative to this game please post here, as I would be very interested. I have tried almost everything out there.
    Sambril, Cloudrat and Ceyllynn like this.
  12. Katz Well-Known Member

I started through the Freeport city quest line when they first introduced it. I stalled at scale break. Every once in a while I would go back and try it again. Every time it made me want to quit the game. I hate it. It is the only quest in this game that has made me want to rage quit. I watched the path. I watched videos on how to do it. I tried over and over. Kudos to you all who could do it. Those of us with the least little bit of lag have a much more difficult time with it.

So it sat in my quest log until this year when it finally got completed. How did I complete it? I asked my son to do it for me when he visited. I wouldn't have bothered asking him to do it if it hadn't been required for working on the Epic weapon. He is better at twitchy fast reflex moves than I am.

If they want quests like that in the game, great. But please don't put them in as something that will prevent you from completing one or more long quest lines.
    Sambril, Finora, Cloudrat and 6 others like this.
  13. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

I won't ever complete the quest, I physically can't. the quest might be easy for some, but for those with any impairment, it's impossible.
    Sambril, Cloudrat, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  14. Tyger Member

I started that quest over two years ago and failed many times. But when I started the current quest line with that character, I watched the video and took it slow and it only took me a couple of times. If you don't want to do it or can't, try betraying to good and the good quest lines are very easy.
    Dude, Cloudrat, Lateana and 3 others like this.
  15. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Haha! Nice one! That's not a terrible idea. Betray, do the City quests and then betray back. The Qeynos city quests are definitely easy.
    Dude, Cloudrat, Tyger and 1 other person like this.
  16. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Can't betrayal even be done with Loyalty Tokens now?
  17. Sudedor Well-Known Member

Got me . . . been a long, long time since I did a Betrayal quest . . . like back when you had to be from Freeport to be a Dirge I betrayed my Troubador.
  18. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Yes it can, for 50 tokens. Unfortunately for me, one of my Qeynos quests got completed before another and bugged out my timeline completion, so I had to betray to Freeport in order to finish a city timeline to do my 2.0 on my monk. Unless I can get a dev to step in and fix my issue, I will never be able to finish the Qeynos timeline, ever. And trust me, I've asked, pleaded, forum and bug posted about my issue to no avail. So Freeport timeline it was for me. Scale Break made me punch my desk at least once, and on one of my alts, it must have taken me 30+ attempts over 4 hours, but I finally got it done. I don't find one quest worth quitting over, not when I've put over a decade of time into the game. Patience is the key. That, and hugging the wall when you're in the yard, and hoping you can mad dash quickly enough between the two through the guy's jail door. Good luck folks. Just remember to breathe, and come back later if you need to....
    Snikkety, Lateana and Prissetta like this.
  19. Alarra Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is one of those quests you just need to keep at with a few breathers in between, or ask someone to do it for you.
    After doing this quest, I thought about making a page where people ask me to complete hard things for people that are beyond their abilities for maybe $30 a time or something, but I would likely get flamed for something like that.
    Cloudrat likes this.
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

there are always solutions. Before say .. I QUIT !!! try to get help .. that's all
    Dude, Snikkety and Lateana like this.