Heroes' Festival 2017 - Feedback and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Quest timers seem to be notorious for disappearing from some people's journals and not from others on these mobs. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason tied to who loses them and who doesn't.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. LordTiras Well-Known Member

I noticed this as well on RT. Did you happen to move away from the battle at any point far enough to have "left combat" but the combat X remained until Trak died?
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

This happened to me too pre-patch. I had one char with the timer and one without once, and another time, both disappeared. Got credit each time.
    I didn't move away every time I think. I'll need to double-check.
  4. Ratpack New Member

I just stood there right in front of the mob, attacking. I didn't move around or anything. In the middle of the fight I noticed the quest has gone. :-/
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

checked earlier: it disappeared when I moved away, reappeared on one char and not the other (two-boxing, with the rain on one *snickers* I really need to grab a dev)
  6. Suzeta Member

Just want to say/give a big THANK YOU :) not only are patchwork mobs dying non-stop correctly after patch.. but this event has brought a much needed boost to our population and morale!!
  7. Everaven New Member

Last night I tested the patchwork mobs on a few classes my ranger can not get a hit on the mobs in EJ and stonebrunt at level 42 but a level one inquisitor can get hits on both and maintain a buff. Ive had problems with scout classes and fighters but any level one of priest or mage classes has no issues. I leveled ranger to 50 and still cant get hits of the 2 highest level puppets. The ranger just doesn't get the buff on either.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That is weird; when I tried it the first year it came out (whenever that was...last year? Year before?), my Fury was the only one who couldn't get anything in on one of those critters...maybe they fixed that too hard? :-/

Uwk
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

My brigand could finally get hits after gaining enough AA to get evasive maneuvers from the shadow aa tree.

As noted earlier sharpened claws eventually worked on my beastlord.

For fighters (particularly the non-crusaders since some of the crusader's spell based damage lands), getting the dragon aa that adds damage to your taunts is often the only way you can get credit.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I hit the class problem on my last char today and we discussed this in chat:

This hits the highest level mobs, Theer and Baelon mostly.

- priests are ok
    - mages are ok (even my heavily undergeared 51-58 warlock with level 20 gear hit on every ability)
    - some scouts have troubles (evasive manoeuvers seems to work. I had no problems with my 64 assassin though)
    - fighters have a problems. I started with my 70 paladin and I had real troubles starting the counter on Baelon. Now she's 83 and starts the counter without problems.
    My Bruiser, starting around 64, had major troubles hitting Baelon. He finished at 71 and got it with a taunt.
    I still cannot start the counter on Baelon with my Berserk. At first, level 50, she failed Theer and Baelon (and had troubles on trak). At 54, I made her a full set of mastercrafted armor and weapons and she managed to hit Theer (with a bashing ability, go figure). Now she's 63 and failed yet again at aggroing Baelon. I use every spell even smite of consistency, changed my AA several times. i open knowledge book and click everything. Still no luck.
    I'll craft myself a set of 62 MC jewels to test now. EDIT: no luck with a full set of 62 jewels on top.
    Need to say that a whole bunch of her spells, when she started, where mastered out from researching over the years (she's my alchemist and I never play her)

Margania reports the same kind of troubles on a level 56 monk. Same as me, tried every spell and truckloads of AA.

So there is a consistent problem for hitting the higher mobs, especially on scouts and tanks, up to level 71 where hitting seems to become less hard.
    Could you make those mobs less resistant to physical damages or taunts or something pretty please?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ok, thanks to Timoshenku/Irillith, we have a solution for tanks:
    Go to Dragon AA tab, last row on the right and get the second one, Ancient Advance. This adds damage to your basic taunts and the damage triggers the detrimental (while the taunt itself didn't, I ended up tanking for a couple minutes on the previous try without ever being able to hit the mob wit actual damage *rolls eyes*)
    So Elusive Maneuvers for scouts (shadows) and Ancient Advance (dragon) for tanks.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

I'm so glad you got that straight! I was gonna post something the other day but all I could remember was something something taunts something damage dragon AA. And that just didn't seen helpful
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

That's the one I was talking about. If Monk/bruiser/guardian/berserker don't have that, it doesn't seem like they can get credit for the ones they are really low for, unlike the level 1 wizard I made to take to baelon who got the counter with zero issues (was like level 2 by the time I arrived I think).
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

ok, so the panic is starting...

will the purple meatbeast achievement dissappear from test once Heroes Fest goes live tomorrow? Or can we still log on test and get it tomorrow?
  15. Kaitheel Developer

Definitely not for this year, but I'll note it as something to examine in the future, Whilhelmina.

Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  16. Kaitheel Developer

Don't worry, Chikkin! The achievement will remain for the duration of the event (through 11/15).

~ Kaitheel
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

THANK YOU!! :D

Uwk
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I just want to thank Kaitheel and the team for increasing Test population!
    I saw so many new faces and I think some will play more on Test now that they have met the community!
    <3
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

I know it's too late for this year, but can we get the Royal Scroll of Assistance back for next year?
  20. Ratpack New Member

The Achievement "Test: Mischeva's Champion" is now listed (uncompleted) for my character at Thurgadin, but I completed it at Test server with my account.