Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Skrez New Member

Hey, Ttobey! You're probably pretty busy because of the expansion and stuff, I'd wager, but perhaps you could find some time to show that ugly face I posted up there to someone who could adjust it~? I understand if it gets held off, but it is really jarring to look at, as cool as the illusion is.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Yeah that won't get adjusted. That's how they look.
  3. floofloobunny Active Member

Im forever hoping the pretty drachnids make it to the vendor to purchase as an illusion costume. 2017..still not on vendor. :(
  4. Skrez New Member

Are..you sure...?

You see, I just logged in today for the first time since the last update, and now...the face looks even *worse*. I've included several screenshots below, from different angles, for a better look.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The cheeks just should *not* look like that--they're all super triangular, like the polygons there are being stretched out weirdly to some fixed point. I tried to simulate this effect on my ogre without the illusion by using the Barber, and only got close by maxing out the fullness and height slider on the cheeks. The regular Thullosian mobs out in Moors of Ykesha don't have this same facial deformity--nor does the preview image for the illusion, when you Control + Click the illusion, as shown below in a screenshot:

[IMG]

Is it possible that the illusion's facial features are somehow linked to the player character's, on top of having their own default settings?
  5. Skrez New Member

For a more direct comparison, here's my ogre using the illusion on the left, and the illusion's preview image on the right, taken from as close to the same angle as I could manage:

[IMG]

Just a moment of your time showing this to someone who could fix it would be very much appreciated.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Skrez New Member

Just gonna kinda bump this up a little. If I knew which dev was the one who took care of this sort of graphical mishap, I'd try to PM them personally, but...I don't, alas.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

It's actually not an art issue, one of the designers set the customization sliders too extreme causing the weirdness. I will let them know.
  8. Skrez New Member

Thank you!~
  9. Kaguz New Member

Not sure if this is the correct place for it, but having an issue with mercs and dog dog walking in front of me everytime i stop and try to pick up a shiny or hail a npc etc. They just keep getting in the way LOL!
    When running or walking they stay behind but when the character/toon comes to a stop like for a shiny or harvest or pretty much every time the merc and dog dog just waltz right up in the way. Anyone else having this happen or is it just me!?

Even the familiar is getting in on the action now that i think about it and see it on the screen!! :)
    Finora likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

Yes! It's been awful for a while now. I'm not sure if they changed pet pathing or what, but they've been really bad about moving in front of me everytime I stop instead of staying behind or to the side like they seemed to in the past. It's bad enough that there are a lot of times I just set them to not follow, of course you can't do that for familiars. I also set up a macro for harvesting & picking up shinies in part because of it. But that doesn't help when you have to click on things that you have to click to target.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

For the first time in over 2 years I swapped out my duck mount for the flying grape meatbeast. I do love that thing.

I do wish someone would start a serious mount request thread though, I’d back it if it had genuine commitment!
    ttobey and Prissetta like this.
  12. Kelvmor Active Member

As of 12:30 AM EST 11/1/2017, Spontaneous Combustion still doesn't ride mounts. Did it not get sneaked in yet?
  13. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

probably not.
  14. luagsharpshank New Member

I <3 your animations and love using illusions, but with the new clockwork one you can't use the buff without it overwriting any appearance you have. I'd like to use it because it's the main reason I paid for POP (I only play on TLE now) but I hate to lose the cool appearances.

Can we make it like other appearance illusions that you can cast in a certain order and the first one you cast shows up?

thanks again for your great art @ttobey
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Thanks I appreciate the compliment! That's more of a code issue, so let me shoot that over to coders.
    Prissetta and luagsharpshank like this.
  16. Ingenio New Member

Hey, i can't post msgs in POP topics, so i'm gonna type it here (and it's ONLY my opinion, my view.. so, my apologies..). I do really dislike the way POP zones look. I bought pre-order a few days ago and i'm very disappointed if i have to play this for next year... For example Plane of Disease.. looks like my face when i was a teenager.. I wanted to see great zone design again, like i saw it in Torsis (my fav zone.. The Shrouded Temple.. high detalisation, style and UNITY of style. And PROPORTIONS.. so, my character feels comfort here). I dislike big-size zones if there are only big-size textures.. I can't stop thinking that POP zones look like "planes" from an old Sony Playstation game for kids. KA was awesome for me, i fell in love with it and i'm unhappy that i must grow and go to another place (plane..). Thanks anyway.
  17. Kelvmor Active Member

The Plane of Disease is supposed to look like that--disgusting and gross.

What I've seen of the other zones, I like them.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  18. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Heh, I thought the Plane of Disease was awesomely gross...it really imparted the whole "diseased/festering/putrid" feel you would expect from a place Bertoxxulous finds comfortable. Definitely had an atmosphere to it befitting the name. :D
    ConcealFate and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Shaoli Member

ttobey, my home Joculos is sick.... [IMG]
  20. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

What should it look like?