Well thrown over 600 pumpkins so far, no mount.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by The_Real_Wurm, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am over 1400 pumpkins thrown and if the mount drops, it drops. I like using my candy and buying bombs to toss so that others may collect the mysterious pumpkins and finish their collections, put extras in their guild depots etc. I only have one fully trained pack pony so most of the candy I get is farmed by me.

I announce in General Chat when I am starting a pumpkin bomb party, if you see the message feel free to come and grab as many mysterious pumpkins as you like. Join me and lob pumpkins, you typically have targets for at least an hour and most of us enjoy ourselves.

Cyrrena
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  2. Nuhvohk Active Member

my only request would be to change up the consolation prize to something that one would practically wants lots of. like a tile, or a tree, or heck even something like that Seeping Shadow effect item. but what am i supposed to do with hundreds of urns?
  3. Kokorobosoi Active Member

er...so that once you get the mount, you know that you've urned it?

okok....that was bad. very bad.

I second the idea of something a bit more....versatile.
    Xsara, Ceyllynn, Griffon Lady and 6 others like this.
  4. Nuhvohk Active Member

i mean maybe, but you're not spending real money on the bombs, and it's only of any monetary value if you're subbed while throwing the pumpkins, so they aren't really making any money off this
  5. Nuhvohk Active Member

actually, i thought of something. i currently have no plans for the mara house i got from the panda quests, so i was thinking, what if i make some kind of house in there that's 100% urns? floor, walls, ceiling, furniture, all urns.
    Ceyllynn, Griffon Lady and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Fleurs Active Member

I think a replica of Planes of Ashes, and his epic urn elemental would be much more impressive.
  7. Themightybevo New Member

I dont understand the reasoning behind the complaints. This isnt like the burnt key where it doesnt matter what you do, it happens to someone randomly at some random time...The mount drops, there is just a very small chance of getting it with each throw. The urns are a bit excessive though. Maybe a random piece of candy or NoTD collection item would be better received as a consolation prize. At least those could be traded in or sold.
    Sigrdrifa and Prissetta like this.
  8. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Ealdian has started a decorating contest, urns only. Can't wait to see what the intimidatingly-creative folks come up with. :)
  9. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

RNG is a terrible idea when it comes to high end items. There is a lack of accomplishment on most items, put things in terms of a goal then let people have it.
    Tedrenna, Griffon Lady and Shmogre like this.
  10. Srai Member

Are we wasting our time at this point? Talk on HoF is that there hasn't been a mount reward since Friday and possibly only 2 have gotten one at all
  11. Wyldbeast New Member

Ok got the old mount before NotD in 26 throws . I have now thrown thousands since and no luck. For 1 i give up .2 it is obvious Gamebreak does not care or they would have said something within these post. Or even better fixed it .
  12. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

They give most of their responses in Discord chat sadly, and they also have ban half the people that play the game out of discord.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

As of last night over 2100 pumpkins, but one of the pumpkin bomb party participants did get the mount so YAY for him, I am happy he got one by attending the parties.

Cyrrena
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  14. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Throw 9000 pumpkins and not get the mount, then get back to us. >.>
    Tedrenna, Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.
  15. Castegyre Well-Known Member

It's not a problem for me so it's not a problem.

This is a bad argument that has plagued this forum, and most other game forums I've read over the years, that should be shot in the crotch and left unceremoniously behind the outhouse to bleed out alone and forlorn.

Just because one person doesn't see, understand, or recognize a potential problem doesn't mean other people do not have a valid reason to complain about what they perceive as a problem.
    Tedrenna, SynnikuL and Ceyllynn like this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

Jeez, I've not tossed many pumpkins, just to get the collection pieces, I'm certainly not trying for the mount. I have stood around in NQ and WFP where pumpkin parties have happened as a body for people who are trying to toss at. I can't believe how few have actually gotten one considering how many days I've seen some of them out there tossing.
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. Themightybevo New Member

Why would I want to do that?
  18. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I just personally don't care about your intent or your own reasons for whining. It's a crap argument. Be better.
    Ceyllynn and Mermut like this.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

That would be part of why so many are irritated. Instead of leaving in a meh stat, easy to get mount with the same appearance that would have made everyone who got it if not really happy, at least not disappointed, they had to add one with stats that are pretty awesome currently. And then "because the stats warrant it" they made it absolutely absurdly rare.

And the fact that for appearance, it'd mostly be used during NOTD anyway, makes the absurd rarity even more annoying. A holiday event is NOT the place for them to add near pointless annoying grinds for what will amount as nothing more than a fluff item in a couple of months. The holidays are supposed to be fun events. Adding in something like that kind of removes some of the fun.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

bold emphisis mine.
    thats more of a reason it should not be as rare as it is.
    Tedrenna, Crastinal, Nella and 2 others like this.