New to live servers HELP!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Kindread, Oct 10, 2017.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I haven't seen that announced anywhere. That will make a huge difference.

Too bad that item makes you take your XP to 'zero' before it will fill vitality, forces you to 'waste' some always.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right now, on Ascension, all I can realistically suggest is that while you're working on your main toon, be sure that every day you send all your 100 alts up to speak to Najena in the Crusader caves (fly up by the roof of the cavern to avoid unwanted aggro then land right beside her). I send each alt with a tactical rally banner (from our guildhall tactician) and then the alt plants the banner, talks to Najena to get a scroll for guided ascension, then goes to Frostfang Sea via Fast Travel to run a PG. Then that alt camps to the next, who grabs a banner, asks the tactician to send her to the rally point, plants a new banner (so that it's fresh), talks to Najena, then goes to run the PG. Rinse and repeat.

At least this way you'll be racking up Proving Ground Marks which your main can use, and when you get around to doing your alts they'll all have tons of guided ascension scrolls and it won't take them as long to get through their ascensions.

Also, I obviously can't promise this, but often when a new expansion comes out, DBG adds in ways to make it easier to level up and gear up for the new expansion. No telling whether they'll make the Ascension grind easier in some way, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

4. Kindread Active Member

I'll be asking this on the 17th on their Facebook Live event.

Thanks for all that info Sigrdrifa, unfortunately I do not have any alts so I'll be stuck doing this all solo.

I think my primary goal over the next month will be to get:
    • My main Ascension as high as I can (by using the free boost to 5, and the bonus 5 research time reducers
    • Getting through my epic 1.0 and as much of my 2.0 as possible
    • Completing the ToT and KA timelines
    • Doing all the pre-expansion content I can for the catch-up rewards
    • Pray to the EQ2 gods that there are significant catch-up mechanics in place when PoP goes live.
      • I really think we're going to see a big influx of people coming back for this, I think a lot of people are going to be very disheartened if they come back after years of not playing EQ2 and find out there is a 3-6 month grind to even begin grouping with others.
    Prissetta, Sigrdrifa and Shmogre like this.
  5. Kindread Active Member

Can you please expand on this a bit for me?
  6. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Tears of Ascension is a bauble (with a snarky bit of dev commentary in the description :p) you purchase from Sarya Val'Sara in Nye' Caelona (for 100 Sovereigns of Rile and 500,000 status each). It allows you to instantly fill up your resting Ascension XP (the "vitality" equivalent, capped at 7 million). That will let you keep on grinding XP and having it go towards Ascension leveling without needing a scroll or waiting for it to organically refill.

It was originally intended to be available to players after they had gotten one toon on the account max leveled to 10 in all four Ascension classes (giving the reward Tome of Ascension), but Snikkety is saying that right now you can get the baubles without the "lvl 10 in all four classes" requirement being met (though it's unclear if that is a bug or not).
    Kindread likes this.
  7. Wharghoul New Member

I just checked and could not purchase tears of ascension.

I returned to the game just over two months ago (haven't played really since max level was 80) and definitely pull my weight in experts and can even tank heroics on my beastlord with just my wife's fury healing. Though, I also have a berserker squared away and running experts.

So to answer your question, you may not have four ascension classes maxxed, but you can definitely be engaging in end game content come expansion release, without being carried. Find a good guild and prioritize. The thing you're most likely to need come the expansion is your 2.0, and maybe adorns from the proving grounds.

You will be getting resolve gear from quests and crafters when PoP releases. So, I wouldn't sweat gearing too much now.
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

Darn. I was able to purchase them on an alt account that did not have a tome. Must have been a glitch.
  9. Wgrace Active Member

I can nearly guarantee you that if you do the PoP signature line of quests and reach level 110, you will be able to do entry level group content. A 10 level cap increase is huge. you may not be the bee's knees without maxed out ascensions and epic 2.0 but you'll def. be good enough for entry level groups at 110.
  10. Kindread Active Member

This is really, REALLY what I was hoping to see, thank you Wgrace.

We're going to push to 100 this weekend (hopefully) and start the Ascension lines and pick up all the freebie stuff to get it rolling. The plan is to have Epic 2.0 and at least Ascension level 7-9 before PoP launches next month.

I am going to ask in the Facebook Live event on Tuesday is the developers had any other catch up mechanics for Ascension planned before we spend too much time on it, when we could be focusing on other things to get us up to speed.
  11. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Path:
    Step 1: Join a friendly guild and they can assist you, as well as answering your questions ;)

Good luck!

Kitty
    HaphazardAllure and Snikkety like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The EQ2i Wiki is pretty helpful. Midway down the page the Kunark Ascending timelines are listed, but see also the Solo Timeline, which has links for timelines broken down by level.
    Kindread and HaphazardAllure like this.