September 2017 Producer’s Letter: It’s Expansion Season

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finora Well-Known Member

Well to be completely honest, I added other stuff to be nicer to people. If it were my decision and my game, I'd only put it in the in game mail but send it to all characters. Don't log in or have friends who play who'll tell you? Too bad. But after playing these games since 1999 and enduring too many merges, I'm more than done with how they handle names even though I've only been hit a couple of times with an X.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

You're too nice. I'd just do it without telling people. If you haven't logged on in the last two years, then, apparently, you're not that connected to your characters, so you won't have any heartburn about the X at the end of your name.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Amalar The combined salt from all of SOE/DBGs fallen MMOs

The way they have done it just ensures people will login / logout just to save names....
  4. Nuhvohk Active Member

will Fallen Gate be getting any kind of bonus to xp during the Gear Up Level Up stuff or just normal servers?
  5. Eldydd New Member

If the Euro login server regularly denies access, it's not an easy decision.
  6. Uncle Active Member

WTB more expansion information
    Ellah likes this.
  7. Dumboss New Member

Been trying to purchase the KA expansion but not been able to get access. Currently down for maintenance. Will the 50% discount be extended ??
  8. Uncle Active Member

you have a week to get it at 50% off extened today til next tuesday
  9. Dumboss New Member

Ty I missed that....
  10. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Something tells me this might be coming soon... just a hunch.
  11. Christywitch New Member

will the KA be included in the next expansion? and if so will the money we just spent on the 50% off be returned?
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Just speaking from past experience.
    KA (and ToT) will probably be included in the purchase of the next expansion. That has been how they've done previous content expansions since I think it was Echoes of Faydwer in 2006.

Refunding the price of buying KA now? Highly unlikely. Why would they? You didn't HAVE to buy it, just chose to before the next expansion released and you've already got the goodies that came with it, which you won't be able to get with the next expansion. I'm sure you'd not want to give back all the expansion purchase exclusive items (like the level 100 character) with that refund?

For example, I had bought the Mara adventure pack (those used to be a separate purchase) like a week before EoF released only to find out that the 3 adventure packs were going to be included with the expansion purchase. SOE did not give refunds.

The only time I've seen refunds have been on things like purchases of races and classes right before they changed what was offered to F2P players. If people had bought it within X days, they got a refund for their purchase. They might have done the same with dungeon maker when they gutted it and made it free.
    Shmogre likes this.
  13. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Wrong expansion. The Nexus was the travel hub for Luclin, not Planes. Planes had Plane of Knowledge as central hub for players.

No, why would you even buy the 50% off when the next expac is a month or so away?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.