Ancient Ascensions droprate

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by semisus, Oct 8, 2017.

1. semisus Does not play this game

Hello there , i was thinking if you could turn up the drop rate on these? currently they only drop from raids and even raiding every week since expansion came out the raid force im in have yet to see a single one
    I know they are supposed to be rare but currently i think they are to rare
    I was also thinking with upcoming expansion you could make these have a chance to drop in heroics
  2. Ronjah Active Member

increasing dropchance will lower revenue from instant research. the low drop chance does not exist by accident although it is honest to assume that a change in drop chance can happen by accident considering the amount of mistakes appearing out of nowhere in this game.
    Conifur likes this.
  3. Jaxxan D'Arkon New Member

Ronjah, I think you're wrong because you can't research ancient versions.
    Lucus and Snikkety like this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

I'm sure in the future there will be a vendor where you can buy them for 50m+ platin like the class specific ancient spells for 10m

But the droprate is truely so low that some spells have not been discoverd yet
  5. Lucus Well-Known Member

you've got more chance of getting the new bat mount from NOTD and you can't research the ancient tier so it's not worth worrying about.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a vendor who sells Ancients? Who and where?
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

The merchant is Kuen Nozun (The Phoenix Sage) in Nye'Caelona (/way -225 91 -242). He's in the same area as Sarya Val'Sara and the Geomancer trainer Aranolh Tol'Ren, floating at a bookcase in the back right.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  8. Ronjah Active Member

ok but the argument still stands.
  9. Melt Actually plays the game

No that was literally your entire argument
  10. Alexstrasza Active Member

Ancients are just that Ancient, there is a reason they are super rare, they don't need their drop chance "turned up".
    Snikkety likes this.
  11. Ronjah Active Member

Then you didn't understand it. Higher drop chance of whatever, ancient or not, ascension spells will decrease willingness to use alternative means to get it (instant research).
  12. Vokan Well-Known Member

He asked for higher drop rate on ancients which cannot be purchased. If you have to have the gm before you can scribe the ancient, it would actually increase revenue. I got the ancient implosion the other day and I would bet many on that raid would have paid to gm it if they got the drop.
    Snikkety and semisus like this.
  13. Alexstrasza Active Member

sell it to me.
  14. Kielex Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, Trakanon (the end game boss for raiding) Has a higher chance to drop ancient ascensions. Makes sense, Because a few of them have been discovered recently as trakanon has died.